Windows 10: Continual unscheduled restarts

Discus and support Continual unscheduled restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning, I have a laptop that has a habit of shutting down unexpectedly. The looked through thousands of lines in the Event Viewer logs and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Harpazo, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Harpazo Win User

Continual unscheduled restarts

Good morning,

I have a laptop that has a habit of shutting down unexpectedly. The looked through thousands of lines in the Event Viewer logs and I see that just prior to the shutdowns I see this message:

Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\P4G Sidebar definition. Additional Data: Error Value: C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe.

Has anyone had, or know of, Sidebar issues (I don't use it) that have caused continual shutdowns like this?

Other frequent messages before unexpected shutdowns include log entries like the following:

Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ConfigureInternetTimeService definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe.

The common thing I see in these errors is their relation to "Media Center."

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

:)

Harpazo, Jul 14, 2016
  2. KJR_6400 Win User

My laptop restarts and i have no control over it.

Hi Gerry,

i spoke too soon, an hour after i posted my reply the laptop had an unscheduled restart, i missed it as i didn't see what the error was.

KJR_6400, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Juben123 Win User
    windows 10 update

I have done this... There is still a windows 10 upgrade scheduler stuck on my screen and I feel like it will start the upgrade if I restart or there will be no way to unschedule it if I do schedule it at a later date.

Juben123, Jul 14, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

If you upgraded from W8/W7 which had media center then there will be a lot of entries in Task Scheduler that are no longer needed because W10 does not include Media Center.

You can safely delete all these entries in Task Scheduler.

philc43, Jul 17, 2016
  5. Harpazo Win User
    Good point. I hadn't thought of that. As it turns out, the CD/DVD player is bad (intermittently) and so I ended up using an external CD/DVD player to wipe the drive with DBAN and reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate. I also had a corrupt video driver, which I also remedied with a fresh install. It's working faster than ever now! I suspect I was probably getting an interrupt storm from the bad CD/DVD player and it would either lock up or perform an unscheduled restart. All is well now!

Harpazo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Continual unscheduled restarts - Similar Threads - Continual unscheduled restarts

2. Windows 11 Unscheduled install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Unscheduled install: Dear Microsoft - I did not schedule a Windows 11 install, and you installed it on the most key day when I have to do remote support.... consequently as expected things dont work... I am missing a screen for starters all 3 monitors are connected to the same card! I am...
  3. Windows 11 Unscheduled install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Unscheduled install: Dear Microsoft - I did not schedule a Windows 11 install, and you installed it on the most key day when I have to do remote support.... consequently as expected things dont work... I am missing a screen for starters all 3 monitors are connected to the same card! I am...
  4. Restarting on laptop continual

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restarting on laptop continual: I have recently 1 week had Windows 10 installed on laptop, today continual restarting appears. I have shut down but then white button continues to flash. I have looked at other comments but none of the actions mentioned work. I cannot type anything. The laptop has been closed...
  5. Restarting on laptop continual

Restarting on laptop continual: I have recently 1 week had Windows 10 installed on laptop, today continual restarting appears. I have shut down but then white button continues to flash. I have looked at other comments but none of the actions mentioned work. I cannot type anything. The laptop has been closed...
  6. Windows continuously restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows continuously restarts: I have a Dell AIO desktop running Windows 10 21H1 19043.1288. Recently it started to restart itself when I click on shut down. That is, it would shutdown, then immediately restart itself. Only way to prevent this is to unplug the computer.Suggestions?Mike T in VA...
  7. Windows continuously restarts

Windows continuously restarts: I have a Dell AIO desktop running Windows 10 21H1 19043.1288. Recently it started to restart itself when I click on shut down. That is, it would shutdown, then immediately restart itself. Only way to prevent this is to unplug the computer.Suggestions?Mike T in VA...
  8. Help! Continuous restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Continuous restart: Hi, I have an intel processor i9900k, motherboard MSI MPG z390 gaming pro Carbon AC; 32GB RAM Corsair; nVidia Gigabyte 2080Ti windows 10 ver. 1909 18363.476 compilation, and while I'm playing the PC works fine without problem, I still think I could perform more; The problem...
  9. Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unscheduled Scheduled Sleep: My Windows 10 computer goes to sleep roughly around the same time every day (between 1 and 2pm). It doesn't matter if I'm away from my computer or actively working on it, it will go to sleep. I have checked the power settings, scheduled tasks and event viewer for any errors...
  10. The system restarts continuously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system restarts continuously: After I turn on the system and get to the windows logo says that ,, preparing automatic repair" but after 2 seconds it enters into a reboot loop and i can't do anything ......