Windows 10: Continuing DCOM event viewer error

Discus and support Continuing DCOM event viewer error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently started getting this error in event viewer. There are a number of threads across the web about it, but none of them has presented the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by glnz, Dec 31, 2015.

1. glnz Win User

Continuing DCOM event viewer error

I recently started getting this error in event viewer. There are a number of threads across the web about it, but none of them has presented the solution. The error is related to Runtimebroker.exe. Any new ideas?

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

:)

2. WerFault.exe in win 10

This application has started to spike my cpu.

I can't disable it in services.

It also starts and terminates itself every few seconds and this runs continuously.

event viewer lists an error message as below.

The server App.AppXck5aaxyarfx8gxrgfk6pvakmmxeqvepc.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Please help if you can

stephenbyrneXB, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows 10 - Event ID 10016 causing system crash

Thank you for the information. The error that was on the even viewer occurs when there are certain processes that do not have permission on the DCOM components mentioned in the event logs. We've found a support article that has a resolution on how to resolve
    the message that popped up on the event viewer. Refer to this article and see
    if the steps provided will work for you.

Keep us in the loop with the results.

Anne Ros, Dec 31, 2015
  4. Continuing DCOM event viewer error

cyberrufus, Dec 31, 2015
  5. glnz Win User
    cyberrufus - thanks. interesting you find it's on shutdown - I was thinking same thing. Odd.

6. borgus Win User
    First implement the ideas that you have read dealing with granting full permission to both the CLSID and the APPID via the registry.

Now run dcomcnfg and go to Runtimebroker permissions. Click the SECURITY tab, then on EDIT in the top section - Launch and Activation Permissions. Add both LOCAL SERVICE and ADMINISTRATORS entries (if not already present) and check the "Local Activation" box for each.

Then EDIT in middle section - Access Permissions - and do the same. (If SYSTEM isn't in the list of entries, add it as well.)

In section three - Configuration Permissions - verify that the ADMINISTRATOR account has full control.

Report results here. If that doesn't succeed, consider simply ignoring the error as a less frustrating alternative. *Smile

borgus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Continuing DCOM event viewer error

1. Continuing DCOM event viewer error - Similar Threads - Continuing DCOM event

2. Can you ignore DCOM and other errors in Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you ignore DCOM and other errors in Event Viewer?: Hello, can i ignore DCOM errors safely? I know that ignoring error 10010 and 10016 can be ignored but 10029 i haven't got much info on. I also have a KernelEventTracing 3 error saying that PerfDiagLogger failed to start with error code 0xC0000188. What does that mean? I know...
  3. Can you ignore DCOM and other errors in Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you ignore DCOM and other errors in Event Viewer?: Hello, can i ignore DCOM errors safely? I know that ignoring error 10010 and 10016 can be ignored but 10029 i haven't got much info on. I also have a KernelEventTracing 3 error saying that PerfDiagLogger failed to start with error code 0xC0000188. What does that mean? I know...
  4. BSOD "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" DCOM errors given in event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" DCOM errors given in event viewer: Pretty mad right about now. Spent a few days trying to fix my pc and cannot get anywhere. Absolutely sick of windows, I'm primarily a Mac user and never have any issues. I've been through 3 different windows installs in the past few years because window cant keep their...
  5. BSOD "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" DCOM errors given in event viewer

BSOD "CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED" DCOM errors given in event viewer: Pretty mad right about now. Spent a few days trying to fix my pc and cannot get anywhere. Absolutely sick of windows, I'm primarily a Mac user and never have any issues. I've been through 3 different windows installs in the past few years because window cant keep their...
  6. Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM: Hi, Windows 10 64-bit 2004 I'm seeing the following errors in Event Viewer. I have disabled Cortana via gpedit but that does not help. However, that did not help either. Already tried. 1. SFC /scannow 2. DISM 3. Delete "TileDataLayer" folder 4. Get-AppXPackage...
  7. Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM: Hi, Windows 10 64-bit 2004 I'm seeing the following errors in Event Viewer. I have disabled Cortana via gpedit but that does not help. However, that did not help either. Already tried. 1. SFC /scannow 2. DISM 3. Delete "TileDataLayer" folder 4. Get-AppXPackage...
  8. Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer

Multiple DCOM errors in the event viewer: hi! I have tried to assign all the permissions as I read online and I still couldn't fix the DCOM errors which is making my machine reboot multiple times everyday. I am also attaching the log from event viewer below. Please help! this is extremely irritating. Log Name:...
  9. Dcom error in event viewer after april update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dcom error in event viewer after april update: every time i restart my machine after the april update in event viewer itake this error: Can not start the DCOM server: {995C996E-D918-4A8C-A302-45719A6F4EA7} as Unavailable / Unavailable. The error: "298" happened at the start of this command: C: \ WINDOWS \ System32 \...
  10. Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll SHCreateLocalServerRunDll {995C996E-D918-4a8c-A302-45719A6F4EA7} Embedding error