Windows 10: Continuity of OS environment

Discus and support Continuity of OS environment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I want to understand more about how Windows 10 manages windows. Let's say that, in a hypothetical scenario, I have just started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by razam, Sep 21, 2015.

1. razam Win User

Continuity of OS environment

Hello everybody,

I want to understand more about how Windows 10 manages windows.

Let's say that, in a hypothetical scenario, I have just started a particularly demanding program. The window appears, but immediately becomes unresponsive. Sometimes when a program is in this state, I can not grab the window and move it around or adjust its dimensions. And sometimes the entire OS environment temporarily freezes up. Basically, opening this program interrupts whatever else I am trying to do.

1) On a very general level, can anyone here tell me why this happens in Windows?
    2) Again very generally, can anyone here tell me why this does not happen in linux?

Thank you,
    Mark

:)

razam, Sep 21, 2015

2. Sound is out.

Hello,

when you upgrade your OS, there is a new kernel with it's own environment (variables, paths etc.). Each driver works fine with the exact environment it was coded (programmed). In some cases the old one driver could continue working, but in other you need
    to go to the hardware producer's website ans search for a new driver for the new one OS. If there is no a new one driver, you could install the latest one (from Windows 8.1) in Compatibility mode.

Ivaylo Nikolov, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Continuity of Microsoft Lumia . . .

I have been reading some post in the web about Microsoft not willing to continue work with Lumia phones as it is outside their agenda. I just love the productivity Lumia provides when using Windows 10 and I was planning to buy a new device when I came across
    this information.

Anyone out there with relevant information about this.

Will Microsoft support the devices outside the USA?

Myrna JudithAcevedo de Giron, Sep 21, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

1. Myriad possibilities.
    2. It can happen in Linux.

LMiller7, Sep 21, 2015
  5. razam Win User
    Hi LMiller7,

Thank you for your response, but I was looking for something a bit more constructive.

Yes, hangs can happen in linux but I can still drag the window around. When a program hangs in Windows, I usually can NOT drag the window around until the program becomes responsive again. I would really like to know more about the cause of this behavior in Windows.

Thank you,
    Mark

razam, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Start here in understanding more about this complicated issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2681286

The TechNet forums are likelier to have detailed information than you will find in the more general forums like this one.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 21, 2015
  7. razam Win User
    Thanks Cbarnhorst

I appreciate any response I can get on this forum, but this Microsoft website does not include the behavior that I am describing. The closest thing

razam, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Continuity of OS environment - Similar Threads - Continuity environment

2. Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...: This problem initially started about 3 weeks ago. While gaming, both my monitors went black while my PC remained on. I was able to hear my game audio for another 4-5 seconds and then that cut out. The computer will eventually reboot after 2-3 minutes of being on but not...
  3. Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both my monitors will randomly go black while my PC continues to run. I am unable to fix...: This problem initially started about 3 weeks ago. While gaming, both my monitors went black while my PC remained on. I was able to hear my game audio for another 4-5 seconds and then that cut out. The computer will eventually reboot after 2-3 minutes of being on but not...
  4. Link to Windows continually problematic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows continually problematic: HI,I seem to have recurring or irregular issues with my Android & Link to windows.Last time I 'fixed' it via going Androidair/andoidcast. and getting rid of the app. A work-around I would prefer not to have to do.Now yesterday, both myself and my partner were prompted to...
  5. Link to Windows continually problematic

Link to Windows continually problematic: HI,I seem to have recurring or irregular issues with my Android & Link to windows.Last time I 'fixed' it via going Androidair/andoidcast. and getting rid of the app. A work-around I would prefer not to have to do.Now yesterday, both myself and my partner were prompted to...
  6. Windows 10 screen continually flashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen continually flashing: Windows 10 PC is stable at start up, but starts flashing as soon as I log on.The system has an ASROCK A320M mobo, and a VGA monitor - no separate graphics cardWhat I have done - from installation USB:created a new admin account;run sfc from command prompt could not ..reseated...
  7. Windows 10 screen continually flashing

Windows 10 screen continually flashing: Windows 10 PC is stable at start up, but starts flashing as soon as I log on.The system has an ASROCK A320M mobo, and a VGA monitor - no separate graphics cardWhat I have done - from installation USB:created a new admin account;run sfc from command prompt could not ..reseated...
  8. Launched into recovery environment before login, can't continue to Windows 10, and can't...

Launched into recovery environment before login, can't continue to Windows 10, and can't...: Hello,For a while now, I've been unable to use my PC, and was wondering if anybody could please help me try to fix it.The Windows Recovery mode is booted before I can access the login page, and when I click 'Continue to Windows 10', it tries to load, but eventually comes up...
  9. Launched into recovery environment before login, can't continue to Windows 10, and can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launched into recovery environment before login, can't continue to Windows 10, and can't...: Hello,For a while now, I've been unable to use my PC, and was wondering if anybody could please help me try to fix it.The Windows Recovery mode is booted before I can access the login page, and when I click 'Continue to Windows 10', it tries to load, but eventually comes up...
  10. Launched into recovery environment before login, can't continue to Windows 10, and can't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging