Windows 10: Continuous BSOD // VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

Discus and support Continuous BSOD // VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, since upgrading I'm having pretty regular BSOD Crashes where the following error message appears; VIDEO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LouisOUFC, Aug 4, 2015.

1. LouisOUFC Win User

Continuous BSOD // VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, since upgrading I'm having pretty regular BSOD Crashes where the following error message appears;

VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

It appears to happen at completly random times, could be watching a youtube video, opening a reddit page or just playing a song on itunes. I've updated to the most recent Nvidia drivers but to no avail. I also tried to follow the following instructions from this youtube video ( [1] ), however its still happening.

If anyone could help me that would be amazing as my computer is currently pretty much unusable! Specs are below, thanks in advanced!

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Processor Q9550 (2.83Ghz, 1333MHz FSB, 12MB cache)

4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [4x1024]

Hard Drive 1TB NCQ SATA (2x500GB) 7200Rpm Dual HDD Config Raid 0 Stripe

Single 1GB DDR3 nVidia® GeForce™ GTX285 graphics card

PCI Card Ageia PhysX 128MB

Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital Audio

:)

LouisOUFC, Aug 4, 2015

2. BSOD video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

More information:

I downloaded an update for the new driver for the GeForce 9800 GT card and thought it had fixed the problem for 2 days but then it started again. It becomes more frequent as time goes on as if it's feeding on itself.

ElizabethEstep, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BSOD video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 4, 2015
  4. xZero Win User

Exactly the same BSOD here with nVidia GTX 850M and Windows 10 Pro.

On Windows 8.1 I had that problem, but rarely, but since I upgraded to Windows 10, it's catastrophically, my computer BSOD randomly, mostly in short time after restart - I cannot lunch Photoshop either, it causes immediate crash/freeze.
    And yes, I use Photoshop for job, and I cannot use it at all!

Before BSOD - I can see error notification that nVidia driver has crashed but has been recovered successfully, but then same message appears once again and my laptop crashes to BSOD.

As temporary relief I found that re-installation of nVidia drivers helps, but it lasts as long as I don't hibernate/restart/shutdown my computer.

xZero, Aug 6, 2015
  5. scarface Win User
    I am facing the same issue after upgrading to Windows 10.

This issue is primarily being observed by Laptop users with Nvidia Graphics Cards.

scarface, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Sulflash Win User
    I found a solution.
    In fact, you don't have only a Nvidia graphic card. You also have a Intel Graphic Chipset (Like Intel HD Graphics 4600) that don't correctly work with W10. I disabled it and I put my nvidia card "primary" in the settings.
    (I admit, it's not a solution, it's a replacement, waiting for Intel to correct the issue)

I may be wrong. Go check in your system parameters to see if you have an Intel Graphic in your graphic cards.

Sulflash, Aug 10, 2015
  7. hola987 Win User
    i have gotten this issue too and i do have a laptop with both a dedicated graphics and intel chip. i will see if setting it to primary works for me. Dont want to do it since i run on battery a lot and this will drain faster

hola987, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Nozmint Win User

Also on Desktop-PC.. have the same problem.. and only one graphic card from Nvidia..

Nozmint, Aug 27, 2015
  9. Hi there sorry for reviving an old topic.

I recently got a new laptop with below specs
    I7 6700hq
    16gb ram
    Gtx970m
    1tb hdd
    256gb ssd
    Windows 10 64 bit

I got this Nvlddmkm.sys error within an hour of booting the laptop.
    After tinkering around, i realize the nvidia geforce experience program was a 32bit version whereas windows was 64bit. Has anyone encountered this and if this is a known problem? Are there 2 diff geforce programs for 32/64bit respectively?

actzeyoung, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Continuous BSOD // VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) - Similar Threads - Continuous BSOD VIDEO

2. BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys: I'm running into an endless loop of bizzare screen flickering and screen resizing and finally ending up in a BSOD and restart. This is happening only when I connect my laptop HDMI port to a new 32" LG monitor NVIDIA G-Sync 32GN63T. This doesn't happen when I connect the HDMI...
  3. BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys: I'm running into an endless loop of bizzare screen flickering and screen resizing and finally ending up in a BSOD and restart. This is happening only when I connect my laptop HDMI port to a new 32" LG monitor NVIDIA G-Sync 32GN63T. This doesn't happen when I connect the HDMI...
  4. BSOD - Video TDR Failure - igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure: Need help with this driver issue, The device was working well before the hdd died and it is unrecoverable. This code i am not getting anything on it., i found for the igdkmd64.sys but not for the igdkmdn64.sys....
  6. igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure: Need help with this driver issue, The device was working well before the hdd died and it is unrecoverable. This code i am not getting anything on it., i found for the igdkmd64.sys but not for the igdkmdn64.sys....
  7. igdkmdn64.sys TDR Video Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure igdkmd64.sys: Hello! Recently whenever I've been trying to play Valorant, but every time I hop into the game I keep getting the blue screen of death that says Video TDR Failure. It's really quite annoying, and I'm concerned that it means that my computer model is insufficient for my...
  9. video tdr failure igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video tdr failure igdkmd64.sys: Hello! My laptop screen goes black every 5-10 seconds, its performance has drastically reduced ando occasionally i get a blue screen with the error in the title of the question. Disabling the Intel graphics adapter helps, but then i can't play most of my video games due to...
  10. VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I have the minidumps uploaded already they happened today https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvFsnLdTcUreg9cbpExrguEYwaeqyg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/video-tdr-failure-igdkmd64sys/7a765ab1-0ace-4b25-bac4-976c8b789d52