Windows 10: Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure

Discus and support Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping for some help. I've been getting pretty continuous BSODs with the error TDR_Video_Failure (nvlddmkm.sys). Sometimes it'll take awhile and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by urbanrules86, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure

Hi,

Hoping for some help. I've been getting pretty continuous BSODs with the error TDR_Video_Failure (nvlddmkm.sys). Sometimes it'll take awhile and other times I'll get them back to back.

I've run Furmark for 30 mins on my resolution with no BSODs. Then I'll jump on WoW for 20 mins and I'll get one with the same error. Other times I won't even be near my computer and I'll get one.

I'm running the newest graphics driver 341.81 and was getting the error on the last driver (I believe 341.70) also. I have also uninstalled the drivers multiple times with a clean install on just the driver with the same result.

Not sure what to do

Any help?

:)

urbanrules86, Sep 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 - BSOD - Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS)

Hi,

my problem was not in instalation of drivers but in BSOD described above. But I tried to update GPU driver in device manager and it said I am using the newest one (341.74), however when I went to NVIDIA webpage I found newly added
    GPU driver 341.88 (added few hours ago). It has also a release highlight stating:

"This driver adds security updates for the driver components nvlddmkm.sys and nv4_mini.sys."

My BSOD was 9/10 times TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) so I am looking forward that my problem will be fixed from now on.

However I will update you in 2 or 3 days when stability of my system will be confirmed.

Peter

PeterBavala, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Getting TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE & SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs in relation to nvidia drivers.

Recent reports of kernel_security_check_failure errors have been linked to the GeForce 361.43 driver as reported on the GeForce Drivers forum:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/904988/kernel-security-check-failure/

Try GeForce HotFix driver 361.60 or roll back the GeForce driver to the previous stable version:

Error | NVIDIA
    You could try the just released 361.75 driver which should also fix the issue (the link is for 64-bit version of Windows 10):
    NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 5, 2015
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure

5. Hey Arc,

Thank you for the reply! I ran furmark again with no problems or BDOS.

I moved on to uninstalling the driver with Display Driver Uninstaller and completed that with no problems. My problem came with trying to install 355.82 WHQL, my device isn't compatible so I get the NVIDIA Installer cannot continue.

Attachment 36142

Any advice?

6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Sorry mate. I did not realize that 341.81 is the last driver for the 200 series cards. So, the remaining option is to go backwards.

Try the 341.74 WHQL. It should work.

7. Thanks again Arc.

I'll test it out and update if I get another crash.

8. Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure

Hey Arc,

Its still happening. I have attached newest dump. This time I was monitoring my GPU temp to make sure that wasn't the cause but it was only around 67-70c while I was playing WoW.

9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    22 bytes is the folder header only, the uploaded zip does not contain anything.

10. Sorry attached wrong folder... not sure where that one came from.

11. I have figured Windows 10 and my computer don't get along. I finally got tired of the BSOD that I reverted back to Windows 7 and am running fine.

Thank you for the help but I guess either I'll wait to move up again or just keep on moving along with Win 7.

Thanks Arc!

urbanrules86, Sep 6, 2015
  12. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Yes, that will be a good decision for that computer.

13. Nozmint Win User

Same problem with 9600 gso..

tried the last 5 driver versions.. nothing helped..
    rolled back to Win7 atm..

It´s ***** with Nvidia and Win10..

Nozmint, Sep 6, 2015
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    If you have a graphics card of at least 400 series (even a GT), there will be no problem.

Unfortunately your motherboard is nforce chipset, otherwise Intel HD graphics would have worked fine there.

15. Nozmint Win User
    I know it is even older.. but its not fine anyway.
    There are drivers for Win10 (graphic card).. it passed the ´Ready-Tool´ and then only BSOD in a row..
    That´s not normal.
    Even newer cards have the same problem.
    To find in differnet GeForce Threads at Geforce Forum.

There is definitely a problem between Nvidia and Win10.. and no side is able to fix it correct.
    And in my eyes it is a difference.. it is not the way it doesn´t work cause it is too old.

I had a 30 Minute stress test with furmark working well.
    And another time the system only starts and i got a BSOD.

Nozmint, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Continuous BSODs, TDR_Video_Failure - Similar Threads - Continuous BSODs TDR_Video_Failure

2. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: Hi.I have been experiencing issues with my pc long a ago. Every time I am playing a game or doing some work on my pc that uses the GPU, it keeps crashing.I always get the blue screen and the message "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys" and other similar.What can I do to solve...
  3. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys: Hi.I have been experiencing issues with my pc long a ago. Every time I am playing a game or doing some work on my pc that uses the GPU, it keeps crashing.I always get the blue screen and the message "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys" and other similar.What can I do to solve...
  4. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?: Hello!I have recently been encountering a BSOD with the error code TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE and the affected file nvlddmkm.sys whenever I run a videogame for less than 5 minutes The BSOD does not appear when I am not running a videogame, though.I have tried the following solutions...
  6. How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the "TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE" error?: Hello!I have recently been encountering a BSOD with the error code TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE and the affected file nvlddmkm.sys whenever I run a videogame for less than 5 minutes The BSOD does not appear when I am not running a videogame, though.I have tried the following solutions...
  7. Continuous BSOD's

Continuous BSOD's: Hi there,I have been having a lot of BSOD issues since I rebuilt my PC 6 months ago. Everything has now been replaced, and all parts are new except an older HDD that I use for storage on top of my SSD.Current specs:Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home10.0.19043 Build...
  8. TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)

TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys): My laptop is a toshiba satellite l500d. Specs: AMD Turion ultra dual core mobile 2.50 GHz ATI mobility radeon HD 4650 4gb ddr2 ram I know this is a video driver related problem, what's the fix? I have windows 10. Few days ago I installed panda free AV and malwarebytes. I was...
  9. BSOD TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (0x00000116 ffffe000`6aadd350)

BSOD TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE (0x00000116 ffffe000`6aadd350): Hi, Recently after upgrading to Windows 10, my Intel HD 4600 randomly decides to freak out due to the mentioned error. The driver is the latest from Intel. I have tried numerous other versions (base one from Toshiba from Windows 8, a driver from 2014, and currently...
  10. bsod continues

bsod continues: Proceed to a new clean install, I will keep you informed 33725