Windows 10: Continuous Windows Updates Crashed Entire Computer - Unable to Load Anything, Fix, Restore,...

Discus and support Continuous Windows Updates Crashed Entire Computer - Unable to Load Anything, Fix, Restore,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 computer is acting up a lot. Ever since there were unauthorized changes made to my computer, my computer has been unable to cooperate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SabrinaJenney, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Continuous Windows Updates Crashed Entire Computer - Unable to Load Anything, Fix, Restore,...

My Windows 10 computer is acting up a lot. Ever since there were unauthorized changes made to my computer, my computer has been unable to cooperate with me. I tried every option, trying to fix it by uninstalling programs that are acting up (like my Google Chrome browser and Microsoft Office programs) and I can't do anything because NOTHING LOADS. Everytime I click something or try to pull up options, settings, or a program, it's unable to respond and then I have no choice but to do a force shutdown on my computer by pressing the power button. I am running out of options and don't know what to do. I'm not sure if it's a virus, but I haven't even been on any sketchy site or opened any weird links, so I'm positive Microsoft corrupted my files and ways to backup just so I can invest in more of their stuff, amazing.

This isn't the first time, everytime I get updates from them, my computer is never able to work, as I have to spend countless hours on ways to fix it myself. This time I can't even boot into safe mode (the settings don't show up even in the recovery options with F11), run a malware scan (Malware Bytes never loads and crashes computer every time even if you wait for hours), refresh PC (computer says everytime that it did not complete successfully, that I need to remove files that are corrupting system, disk is locked, turn off malware/defender programs, try other advanced options, etc.), cannot restore computer to a previous version before the issues showed up with updates (same issue with restore PC process), and I'm not given a full list of options on the advanced recovery list. I need my files so I am never choosing the one where it removes literally everything on the computer, as I need all my personal/school files and documents. I'm running out of options on how to fix this.

:)

SabrinaJenney, Aug 13, 2018

2. Some programs crash right after startup. started occuring after a system restore

Earlier this week I did a shutdown for some windows updates to install. After it rebooted it seemed to take forever saying windows update preparing to install. Some googling suggested to reboot and it will finish the installation, or you can sign in and re-perform the update. This didnt happen. I had to do a system restore to a direct X install from a couple days back. Windows then booted properly, but there was some problems. It complained about unable to load assembly sortkey.nlp. Turned out it was ATI catalyst software causing the problem. So I reinstalled that to 12.10. Now when I try and run some programs such as CdBurner XP Pro or Free Youtube to Mp3 converter, they crash instantly with the error: <program> has stopped working.

I tried removing .net and installing .net 4.5. But still no luck.

Id like to avoid reinstalling windows, any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 13, 2018
  3. jwb1965 Win User
    win 10 upgrade crashes computer and will not load windows

PC Win7 64 bit. I tried to do Win 10 upgrade and not save files or apps. PC crashed during upgrade. I tried all the steps listed. It would not let me load image disks that I had made or the system repair disk. I tried to restore to factory setting.
    That didn't work. Now the computer tries to load windows but its tells me the computer was shut down improperly and restarts with the same message. It will not start in save mode.

jwb1965, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Continuous Windows Updates Crashed Entire Computer - Unable to Load Anything, Fix, Restore,...

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Continuous Windows Updates Crashed Entire Computer - Unable to Load Anything, Fix, Restore,...

1. Continuous Windows Updates Crashed Entire Computer - Unable to Load Anything, Fix, Restore,... - Similar Threads - Continuous Updates Crashed

2. Unable to complete anything entirely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete anything entirely: An error displayed as “Bad image” just recently started to occur on my computer which led me to attempting to fix this. And as I was trying to fix this i have found more and more issues surrounding my computer, the main of which is that my computer has begun being unable to...
  3. Unable to complete anything entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to complete anything entirely: An error displayed as “Bad image” just recently started to occur on my computer which led me to attempting to fix this. And as I was trying to fix this i have found more and more issues surrounding my computer, the main of which is that my computer has begun being unable to...
  4. Unable to complete anything entirely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forza crashing on loading ‘continue career’

Forza crashing on loading ‘continue career’: Played Forza 2023 fine this morning. Done 2 races in the prologue. Come back and tried to continue, PC crashed on Mugello loading screen. No crash message or error code, just 16 minutes of a bright red screen and a rather tedious soundtrack....
  6. Forza crashing on loading ‘continue career’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza crashing on loading ‘continue career’: Played Forza 2023 fine this morning. Done 2 races in the prologue. Come back and tried to continue, PC crashed on Mugello loading screen. No crash message or error code, just 16 minutes of a bright red screen and a rather tedious soundtrack....
  7. Forza crashing on loading ‘continue career’

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unable to log into computer, reinstall Windows, or load anything on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into computer, reinstall Windows, or load anything on Windows 11.: "Your Credentials Could Not Be Verified", "Something went wrong and your PIN isnt avaliable status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0xc000005e. Click to set up your PIN again."I recently noticed a significant decrease in my computer's processing, which usually doesnt happen....
  9. Unable to log into computer, reinstall Windows, or load anything on Windows 11.

Unable to log into computer, reinstall Windows, or load anything on Windows 11.: "Your Credentials Could Not Be Verified", "Something went wrong and your PIN isnt avaliable status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0xc000005e. Click to set up your PIN again."I recently noticed a significant decrease in my computer's processing, which usually doesnt happen....
  10. .ogg files continuously crash the entire Windows Explorer whenever selected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .ogg files continuously crash the entire Windows Explorer whenever selected.: Any time I select a .ogg file be it left-click or right-click, the entire Windows Explorer hangs and I have to restart it with Task Manager. Again, this goes for any file in the .ogg format. Sometimes just visiting the folder a .ogg file is enough to crash Windows Explorer!...