Windows 10: Continuously flashing start up page

Discus and support Continuously flashing start up page in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After signing in on W10 sign in page, start up screen comes up but just keeps flashing, no icons on bottom task bar, curser has revolving blue circle,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ima2dogman, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Continuously flashing start up page

After signing in on W10 sign in page, start up screen comes up but just keeps flashing, no icons on bottom task bar, curser has revolving blue circle, left click and right click has no effect. The only thing I can do is "control/alt/del to bring up the task manager. Tried rebooting numerous times to no avail. Tried disconnecting modem and computer and restarting, no help. Appears that W10 is installed but seems to be hung up on start page. Unable to access anything. If I press the F1 key sometimes icons appear momentarily on the task bar but then they disappear and cannot bring them back up.

:)

ima2dogman, Aug 3, 2015
  2. mrsoft Win User

Edge start page flashes when opened and will stop only after refreshing the page.

Original Title: start page - new feed

Hi,

Since the upgrade to Windows 10 1511 the start page on edge with the accompanying news feed on opening flashes continually and only stops when you click refresh page?

Anybody got any ideas how to stop it or does it need another update??

mrsoft, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Web browser on N810 - Javascript problems

This Adobe Flash Player "pop up" is absolutely ruining my browsing experience on 810.

To reiterrate the error is " ? A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 9 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort thr script? " .

If you click "No" then the browser hangs and there are more delays usually ending up in a repeat of the pop up. If you click "Yes" then the page does sometimes load ok bu of course you cant play the movie...

One of my favourite sites BBC regularely has a Flash movie at the start of the page so not good...

I would certainly like to see some kind of fix for this.

mbond1---01, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Continuously flashing start up page

Can you get into Device Manager from Task Manager?
    Click on File, New task (Run).
    Enter devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    What is listed under Display Adapter?
    Maybe try right clicking on it and selecting Uninstall then Restart and see how it acts?

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Continuously flashing start up page

1. Continuously flashing start up page - Similar Threads - Continuously flashing start

2. Pop-up messages continues flashing, unable to type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up messages continues flashing, unable to type: Pop-up message box continues flashing, unable to type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-messages-continues-flashing-unable-to-type/52ab7b99-30d0-454b-a70a-35362541daec
  3. Pop-up messages continues flashing, unable to type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-up messages continues flashing, unable to type: Pop-up message box continues flashing, unable to type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-messages-continues-flashing-unable-to-type/52ab7b99-30d0-454b-a70a-35362541daec
  4. Desktop opening page flashes at start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop opening page flashes at start-up: What could be the matter with my laptop? When I try to start it, it flashes off and on. I cannot get it to respond to anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-opening-page-flashes-at-start-up/a27a3df2-3df8-4552-b93f-738659e623f1
  5. Start-up page

Start-up page: On computer start up, I used to see the screen-saver with my desktop icons- i.e, documents. How do I get those icons on the start-up screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-page/9cde8da6-8b9b-40f3-9e95-3f0af9d4aa37
  6. Tiles on start up page

Tiles on start up page: How can I set my tiles alphabetically on Windows 10? I used to be able to do this before I got Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-on-start-up-page/e08d470b-1c9a-4de2-81f6-03b9d6d077c1
  7. Start Up Page

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Up Page: Whenever I wake up my PC which is running Windows 10 I get a lovely photo. I then sign in and that brings up the MS page. I do not want to see the MS page, just my desktop picture, etc. This has just started recently and I would like to eliminate that page right after I...
  8. Start up page

Start up page: my start up page keep changing from the setting that I have,, such as the Theme , my task bar setting, my default app on the internet. When I logout and back in everything on the start up page has change again....
  9. Start-up Page Information

Start-up Page Information: Good Day, I just have a question on the sign in page, where I type my password when my computer starts up. My Pictures shows up and below it shows my name, I would like to know how to change the name that shows up there so it doesn't show my full name. I am on a Windows 10...
  10. Something flashing up on start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Something flashing up on start up: How can I find out what's making this white box appear on my desktop on boot? It only appears for a split second, had to film it and pause the video when it came up. I don't see any text, just the white square. [img] 106563