Windows 10: Control by command the overall size of windows 10 display

Discus and support Control by command the overall size of windows 10 display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to find a command line method for controlling the 'scaling' option in Windows 10. Neither Zoom nor Resolution settings achieve what i need. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Control by command the overall size of windows 10 display

I need to find a command line method for controlling the 'scaling' option in Windows 10. Neither Zoom nor Resolution settings achieve what i need.

I found a nifty utility called HRC that controls the resolution through hotkeys but that does not solve the problem though it is an nice tool to have. (I added the link to HRC in case it is of use to anyone). The same site has a few other similar tools but nothing for scaling.

Windowskey+(+) and (-) that control ZOOM don't help either.

Brink has the answer for this in another post here but to get it to work i need to modify (and add if not there) the DWord value for a Key named LogPixels. Can this be done by exporting the entire HKCU\controlpanel\desktop section and remove everything but that single key value and save that as a .reg file? I have never tried to write to the registry in this manner but if it would work, that would solve the problem. I cannot export/import the entire section as there are many other settings that need to stay as they are.

:)

questorfla, Jul 16, 2016

2. Can't set text size of title bars

I want to change the size of text on my display. In Windows 8.1, rather than overall scaling I could set the size of certain items such as title bars by going to:

Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Advanced sizing of text and other items > Change only the text size

This lets you set the size of Title Bars and other specific items.
    However, in Windows 10 I see “Change only the text size” but it doesn’t let me change anything.
    What could be going on? How do I change those items?

huckleberry99, Jul 16, 2016
  3. SusanZy Win User
    Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Control by command the overall size of windows 10 display

I finally found one on Lifehacker called XPExplorer Windows 10 Fix that might help but maybe there is an easier way to accomplish this?
    The problem occurs when I connect to a remote system that is using a default different that the display mine. What happens is the focus of the on-screen cursor is not where it appears to be making it difficult to use a mouse for control.

Clicking what I am pointing at ends up activating something below and to the right of where the cursor is pointing. (as far as what I see) This is usually on a system at work while i am not there so I do not know what I would see if i were there watching my remote control session. *Sad
    Is there any way to sync the two without using a mouse? Or a command line method of reverting to normal 100% that i could type into the remote system? If i am very careful i can manage to navigate to the DPI setting and i discovered that changing it to 100% on the remote system fixes the problem but obviously if i was there it must look better at 150% as it always ends up set back to that.

questorfla, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

Control by command the overall size of windows 10 display

1. Control by command the overall size of windows 10 display - Similar Threads - Control command overall

2. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  3. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  4. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display size.: I have MS 365 and it seems the display size seems to be too large for me. Going into settings>display it is set at 100% and I can only alter it from 100% to 175% and will not let me chance it to anything lower that 100%. Cam anyone help, please, so that I can make the display...
  6. Sum of folder size in C Windows drive is not totaling the overall used space size.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sum of folder size in C Windows drive is not totaling the overall used space size.: In my C drive when I select all my files and select Properties it gives me the total size as 150 GB.However in Explorer when I right click the C drive it tells meUsed Space- 247GB There are a few threads similar to this on the forums, mostly from a few years ago and I have...
  7. Windows 10 - controlling window sizes

Windows 10 - controlling window sizes: My screen sizes seem to have a mind of their own. They shrink on their own. Also, when I'm in Outlook and "pop out" an email, it goes almost completely off the screen in the upper left corner, and I have to manually resize it....
  8. Display size

Display size: I have vision problems. Is there a way to increase the size of my image, text, and all, in one single setting? I am using Windows 10, Outlook, Facebook, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size/61ee8731-e314-4aa8-abdb-a00178ab6020
  9. display size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    display size: windows does not use my full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size/b2ba69d3-4173-4d79-8b77-42f1eca2959e
  10. Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts

Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts: So after all my upgrades (I have 4 7pro systems running and networked) I had to add a new system hence Windows 10. What a joke!!!!!!!!!! It's Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL and it has so much junk on it it's CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I can't even uninstall 3/4 of them. Microsoft dialed...