Windows 10: Control panel disappeared windows 10

Discus and support Control panel disappeared windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Control panel disappeared windows 10 How do I get it back? Don Cole 101931 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jan 7, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

Control panel disappeared windows 10

How do I get it back?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jan 7, 2018

2. Disappearing control panel

Will try that.

Thank you.

ElaineWachtel, Jan 7, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2018
  4. nt62 Win User

type control in the search box
    or
    c:\windows\system32\control.exe

In later builds, the control panel has been removed from the WinX menu.
    The win32 desktop program control.exe is slowly being replaced with "SETTINGS"

nt62, Jan 7, 2018
  5. If you want to add the control panel to the right explorer pane, here's the reg key for it to show.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}][/quote] HTH

titetanium, Jan 7, 2018
  6. doncole Win User
    Thank you

OK, let me restate the problem: the search box disappeared.

Don Cole

doncole, Jan 7, 2018
  7. Right-click taskbar > cortana > check searchbox or cortana icon. Done.

titetanium, Jan 7, 2018
  8. davehc Win User

That's odd!

I still have the Control Panel down in the start menu - Windows System.

I do have the very latest release/update

davehc, Jan 7, 2018
  9. nt62 Win User
    nt62, Jan 7, 2018
  10. doncole Win User
    Thank you again, *Smile

If I right click the taskbar I don't see any cortana anywhere.

Don Cole

doncole, Jan 7, 2018
  11. If you have cortana disabled, you will only see search icon and searchbox options in the taskbar settings menu (right-click). You'll need to add a regedit option to re-enable cortana. This should do it: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] "AllowCortanaAboveLock"=dword:00000001 "AllowCortana"=dword:00000001 "DisableWebSearch"=dword:00000001 "ConnectedSearchUseWeb"=dword:00000001 "ConnectedSearchUseWebOverMeteredConnections"=dword:00000001[/quote] You'll need to sign out or reboot to get it to show after doing the regedits.

titetanium, Jan 7, 2018
  12. nt62 Win User
    NO control panel in build 16251 WinX menu

Control panel disappeared windows 10 [​IMG]

YES in start menu

Control panel disappeared windows 10 [​IMG]

13. nt62 Win User

Thema:

1. Control panel disappeared windows 10 - Similar Threads - Control panel disappeared

2. Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel: I clean installed windows 11 on my windows 10 laptop without deleting windows 10's existing efi,msr and recovery partitions yesterday as I thought they will work same with windows 11. And all worked properly. Also bitlockerdevice encryption worked properly as well. But when I...
  3. Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker is disappeared from the control panel: I clean installed windows 11 on my windows 10 laptop without deleting windows 10's existing efi,msr and recovery partitions yesterday as I thought they will work same with windows 11. And all worked properly. Also bitlockerdevice encryption worked properly as well. But when I...
  4. Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.: I've accidentally deleted TAP-WINDOWS so I can't connect to wi-fi anymore. I've even checked it in network adapter settings inside control panel. Wi-fi seems to have gone and there's only Ethernet....
  5. Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.: I've accidentally deleted TAP-WINDOWS so I can't connect to wi-fi anymore. I've even checked it in network adapter settings inside control panel. Wi-fi seems to have gone and there's only Ethernet....
  6. Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Control Panel disappeared from 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control Panel disappeared from 2004?: I can't find it anywhere. submitted by /u/kcMetr0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqhlmq/control_panel_disappeared_from_2004/
  8. Control panel 'Add Devices' flashes then disappears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control panel 'Add Devices' flashes then disappears: When I click on Add Devices or Advanced Printer Setup, the window briefly flashes before disappearing. I can't access the options at all. As well as this, Bluetooth devices are not appearing in the Bluetooth settings, or in control panel. The bluetooth drivers are under...
  9. NVIDIA control panel disappeared after Windows 10 1089 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA control panel disappeared after Windows 10 1089 update.: Updated Windows 10 with 1089 update. First major issue discovered - NVIDIA control panel disappeared from Context menu. Next place checked was the Control Panel - all items (small icons). Also missing from that location. Next step, checked for Windows Update - all up to...
  10. Windows 10 control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 control panel: On windows 10 how do you locate the control panel? I am having a problem finding it. 28789