Windows 10: Control Panel/Programs & Features/Power Options/System do not open

Discus and support Control Panel/Programs & Features/Power Options/System do not open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed an application "Clone File Checker" and uninstalled that using "iObit Uninstaller" with Power Unistall" option. After that, i am not able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kalyanaraman, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Control Panel/Programs & Features/Power Options/System do not open

I installed an application "Clone File Checker" and uninstalled that using "iObit Uninstaller" with Power Unistall" option. After that, i am not able to open Control Panel, Programs & Features, Power Options and System from the Start Menu. Clicking on each of these gives an error in the enclosed screenshots, but all of them display the error message "This file does not have an program associated with it to perform this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Defaults Program Control Panel". Only the file names are different. When I try to set the Default Applications, I do get a similar error message.

Moreover, clicking on the File Explorer from the Start Menu opens the Explorer screen, but when I pin to the Taskbar and subsequently attempt to open tit from Task Bar, I get an error message.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

regards
    s.

:)

kalyanaraman, Sep 16, 2015

2. Unable to sync Games power flight controller, error message 'Windows Shell Common Dll Has Stopped Working', upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Benny,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Games power flight controller game from the programs and Features option on your computer.

Follow these steps to uninstall Games power flight controller game from the programs and Features option on your computer.

a) Press Windows + x key together and select Control Panel.

b) Click on Programs and Features option.

c) Locate Games power flight controller game program, right click on program and select on Uninstall.

e) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the Games power flight controller game program.
    f) Download and reinstall the Games power flight controller game program from the official website and check if the issue persists.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Program opening with with poer up.

Well if you do not need the program then go to

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

and uninstall it. restart PC

seahawks65, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Control Panel/Programs & Features/Power Options/System do not open

I have on occasion used iObit Uninstaller but only in the most severe situations. iObit Uninstaller does seem to have a reputation of doing more than what one expects. You might try System Restore to a day before the program was installed. If that doesn't work there's other options in Recovery but they can be more severe that what is needed so be sure to read everything carefully.

Berton, Sep 16, 2015
  5. caperjack Win User
    can you right click on start get to a admin command prompt and run ,,, sfc /scannow

caperjack, Sep 16, 2015
  6. acerman Win User
    When I attach an external hdd to my USB port i get the same message (see attached). What do I do?

acerman, May 2, 2017
  7. Is the Drive formatted? Do you have any ? in device manager?? BTW you should have started a new thread FYI for future reference.

Josey Wales, May 2, 2017
  8. acerman Win User

Yes it's formatted.
    What does " Do you have any ? in device manager??" mean?

acerman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Control Panel/Programs & Features/Power Options/System do not open - Similar Threads - Control Panel Programs

2. Control Panel > Programs and Features wierd color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel > Programs and Features wierd color: I am not sure what happend to my Programs and Features... But its hard to see Program names https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-programs-and-features-wierd-color/04b073bf-1ef8-4049-947f-d918cda0d577
  3. Control Panel > Programs and Features wierd color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel > Programs and Features wierd color: I am not sure what happend to my Programs and Features... But its hard to see Program names https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-programs-and-features-wierd-color/04b073bf-1ef8-4049-947f-d918cda0d577
  4. Control Panel > Programs and Features wierd color

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. minecraft is not showing in control panel\program and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft is not showing in control panel\program and features: minecraft is not showing in control panel\program and features in both administrator and standard account i ask this question in another thread, but didnt get any response. therefore i am asking again, Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password My...
  6. minecraft is not showing in control panel\program and features

in Windows 10 Support
    minecraft is not showing in control panel\program and features: minecraft is not showing in control panel\program and features in both administrator and standard account i ask this question in another thread, but didnt get any response. therefore i am asking again, Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password My...
  7. Control Panel|Programs|Programs and Features -- no Repair Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel|Programs|Programs and Features -- no Repair Option: At the top of the list, is says, "click uninistall, change, or repair". But, there is no "repair". Only uninstall and change. I don't see it either on right click menu. Help, how can this be? 1 Billion people must see this menu. How can it have this error in it? What...
  8. Control panel power options missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel power options missing: If I go into the power plans menu in control panel and create a power plan, I can only make it off the balanced plan, and it's missing a few advanced options....
  9. Programs & Features Control Panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs & Features Control Panel: There are more than 20 entries labeled Visual C++. Do I need them all? Which ones can I safely delete?. I have tried unsuccessfully to include a screenshot here....
  10. Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features: Hi all, To start we have three separate installation packages (Windows Installer .msi's) we create. They basically work fine with no needed modifications to work in the Windows 10 World. Once on the system, we are able to remove 2 of the three from System-Apps &...