Windows 10: Control panel

Discus and support Control panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro, I can open control panel using administrator account but it does not open using a standard account. Also the control panel functions in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nhass, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Nhass Win User

Control panel

Windows 10 pro, I can open control panel using administrator account but it does not open using a standard account. Also the control panel functions in system settings do not function either. Help is appreciated.

:)

Nhass, Oct 16, 2015
  2. Rohn007 Win User

control panel

Is it a "desktop" application or a Window Store app?

Find it in the Start menu and right click on the tile/icon. Some include an Uninstall Option.

Otherwise:SIX WAYS TO REMOVE OR UNINSTALL WINDOWS PROGRAMS AND APPS

http://www.7tutorials.com/six-ways-removeuninst...

1. Uninstall Programs from the Control Panel

2. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall Shortcuts

3. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall.exe

4. Uninstall Programs Using Their Setup MSI File

5. Uninstall Windows 8 Apps & Desktop Applications from the Start screen

6. Use a Specialized Software Uninstaller

COMPLETELY UNINSTALL / REMOVE A SOFTWARE PROGRAM IN WINDOWS WITH MANUAL DELETE STEPS – WITHOUT USING 3RD PARTY TOOL

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely-uninstal...

TRY A 3RD PARTY FREEWARE TOOL LIKE REVO UNINSTALLER

http://www.worldstart.com/revo-uninstaller/print/

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller...

2015 12 18- 16 FREE UNINSTALLER PROGRAMS

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/software-tools/tp...

Rohn007, Oct 16, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    control panel

I think you may find that in your Startup items:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if WinZip Driver Updater is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if WinZip Driver Updater is listed, uncheck it you find it

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

Control panel

1. Control panel - Similar Threads - Control panel

2. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  3. Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive does not show up in Manage Bitlocker control panel: Hi there, I had an old 2TB HDD that was used for data on my old computer running Windows 10 pro. It was bitlocker encryped. I decrypted it on my old computer, and moved it to my new computer running Windows 11 pro. I removed the encryption on this drive as I was uncertain...
  4. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs: We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service application installs via GPO with User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installations. On Windows 10 it works...
  5. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs: We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service application installs via GPO with User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installations. On Windows 10 it works...
  6. How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?: Hi,I have VMware Professional 17 but i still have the player 17, even though i cant see it through control panel nor settings. Its still on my computer, I uninstalled it, but it still on my system. Its not even at file explorer as it is replaced with the pro version.I tried...
  7. How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?

How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?: Hi,I have VMware Professional 17 but i still have the player 17, even though i cant see it through control panel nor settings. Its still on my computer, I uninstalled it, but it still on my system. Its not even at file explorer as it is replaced with the pro version.I tried...
  8. Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11: I am unable to open the Control Panel on Windows 11. The conventional "Settings" App works fine, but whenever I try to open the Control Panel, nothing happens -- the mouse cursor simply indicates loading by the spinning blue circle and nothing ever opens."sfc /scannow"...
  9. Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11

Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11: I am unable to open the Control Panel on Windows 11. The conventional "Settings" App works fine, but whenever I try to open the Control Panel, nothing happens -- the mouse cursor simply indicates loading by the spinning blue circle and nothing ever opens."sfc /scannow"...
  10. Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.

Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.: I'm trying to access information on a Toshiba external drive but the drive isn't appearing in file explorer. I've tried plugging it into a few different USB ports, but it still won't appear in file explorer. I know my computer is aware of the external hard drive because it...