Windows 10: Control panel

Discus and support Control panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro, I can open control panel using administrator account but it does not open using a standard account. Also the control panel functions in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nhass, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Nhass Win User

Control panel

Windows 10 pro, I can open control panel using administrator account but it does not open using a standard account. Also the control panel functions in system settings do not function either. Help is appreciated.

:)

Nhass, Oct 16, 2015
  2. Rohn007 Win User

control panel

Is it a "desktop" application or a Window Store app?

Find it in the Start menu and right click on the tile/icon. Some include an Uninstall Option.

Otherwise:SIX WAYS TO REMOVE OR UNINSTALL WINDOWS PROGRAMS AND APPS

http://www.7tutorials.com/six-ways-removeuninst...

1. Uninstall Programs from the Control Panel

2. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall Shortcuts

3. Uninstall Programs Using their Uninstall.exe

4. Uninstall Programs Using Their Setup MSI File

5. Uninstall Windows 8 Apps & Desktop Applications from the Start screen

6. Use a Specialized Software Uninstaller

COMPLETELY UNINSTALL / REMOVE A SOFTWARE PROGRAM IN WINDOWS WITH MANUAL DELETE STEPS – WITHOUT USING 3RD PARTY TOOL

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely-uninstal...

TRY A 3RD PARTY FREEWARE TOOL LIKE REVO UNINSTALLER

http://www.worldstart.com/revo-uninstaller/print/

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller...

2015 12 18- 16 FREE UNINSTALLER PROGRAMS

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/software-tools/tp...

Rohn007, Oct 16, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    control panel

I think you may find that in your Startup items:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if WinZip Driver Updater is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if WinZip Driver Updater is listed, uncheck it you find it

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

Control panel

1. Control panel - Similar Threads - Control panel

2. Problem with Java icon in control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Java icon in control panel: Hello, couple days ago, i reseted my pc windows 10, but before that i took some applications and copied them to disk local D, when i reset it , i installed java jdk and jre in my computer, i added the paths to the environment variables, installed eclipse, and it s working...
  3. There is no language option in the control panel in windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is no language option in the control panel in windows 10 1903 update: There is no language option in the control panel in windows 10 1903 update and I also cannot use (Right Alt + Shift Key) to change the language. Whenever I try to access the Administrative language setting I get this error ("windows cannot access system32 control.exe")...
  4. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  5. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  6. Lost my scanner icon then my control panel.

Lost my scanner icon then my control panel.: I lost my scanner icon and then my control panel was missing. I did some searches on it to no avail. Well, I got to checking it out myself. The directions to get my scanner icon back on the start menu works without much fuss. Hope it works for you. 1. Settings 2....
  7. Programs and Functionality window in Control Panel is black?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs and Functionality window in Control Panel is black?: Hey everyone. I am experiencing this issue since the Windows 10 update that was made available some weeks ago. I am using the Dark theme which is what is probably causing the issue. Whenever I open the Control Panel and look into the Programs and Functionalities' window to...
  8. When using search, most of the basic system programs (like control panel and calculator)...

When using search, most of the basic system programs (like control panel and calculator)...: I've googled around a bit prior to asking, because normally you can find solutions to things when other people have the same issue. However, I was only able to find one other person with my problem. There were plenty of results about people who simply had missing icons and...
  9. Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrative Tools - Control Panel Path: Greetings, I'm having a relatively minor (but annoying) paths issue, after having organized my Start Menu folders. Firstly, Windows reminded me that it's now a mobile OS, only pretending to be a desktop OS (subfolders don't display). *Rolleyes - If someone has a way to...
  10. How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel"

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel": Today I open youtube, and a game I've been wanting to play. Youtube is playing on my second screen while I'm playing a game on the other screen. Suddenly I notice a weird media control panel, that shows me the name of the video im playing on youtube, and 4 controls: volume,...