Windows 10: Control sound by display?

Discus and support Control sound by display? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just hooked my TV and computer up via HDMI. I did so in order to utilize the Hulu Live access from my browser, since the TV doesn't have an app for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tesagk, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Tesagk Win User

Control sound by display?

I just hooked my TV and computer up via HDMI. I did so in order to utilize the Hulu Live access from my browser, since the TV doesn't have an app for it. However, right now, the TV is broadcasting all computer sounds, including the game I'm playing, for which I have headphones plugged in to my normal speakers.

Is there a way to make it so that the third monitor (the TV) only plays the sound of stuff on its screen?

:)

Tesagk, Oct 27, 2017
  2. Control- Win User

windows insider app for wp8.1 not working

but I was using it a week ago

Control-, Oct 27, 2017
  3. Control- Win User
    windows insider app for wp8.1 not working

hi there. I have lumia 925, 920 and 525 all having denim update. the problem is that window insider app is no longer working on them. it says server error. something stopped for downloading the program, please check date/time and network setting. I am
    on original builds. and the same settings were working like a week ago. I have tried hard/sort resetting and also recovery by window recovery tool. date and time and region setting are all good. what should I do.

Control-, Oct 27, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

The short answer is NO. Windows only allows one default playback device. Thus if HDMI is active it is the only playback device.
    There may be some third party program that will do this but I'm not aware of it.

However, if you only want TV audio for a specific application, you can manually change the audio playback device back to "Speakers" (your PC sound card) for general sound and then when you want sound on the TV change it back to the HDMI. Also disconnecting the HDMI cable from the PC will switch it back to the "speakers".

This question is a frequently asked question.

fireberd, Oct 27, 2017
  5. Tesagk Win User
    Most unfortunate. Thank you for the response, I suppose I'll have to look into possible third-party programs. Not all of my games let me specify where their sound is output to.

Tesagk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Control sound by display? - Similar Threads - Control sound display

2. sound control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound control: I have no control using my mouse on my sound volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-control/b5557c4c-78d6-470b-9271-6771a58ad94b
  3. Sound Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Control: All of a sudden my volume goes to 100% by itself. If I turn it down it goes up again. Sometimes I can play with it and it will stop and then while watching video it goes up to 100% by itself. What causes this? Windows 10 Home, Microsoft Edge. Inspiron 11 3168 notebook from...
  4. Sound control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound control: what is a shortcut for sound control ? and how can i u it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-control/9d667e79-d787-4c6f-83b2-763b357f80f6
  5. display no sound

display no sound: Since the last windows update, I've no sound, from my display speakers. There's sound, from my desktop computer. How, can I fix, the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-no-sound/832e9807-bbc8-4404-b818-58a23b530004
  6. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  7. Sound control

Sound control: Hello! I suddenly realised, that I'm controling sound volume with my mouse wheel and changing songs with a side buttons on it, what I don't want to. How to turn that option down?...
  8. sound and display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound and display: hi i recently purchase msi gl62m 7rex, and a few months ago, there's a windows update, after that update some of my games doesn't have sounds. i have already restart my laptop, install the latest sound driver but still no sounds. and then another problem occur to me today,...
  9. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. Control Sound

Control Sound: I opened a radio station listening to music while browsing and now I can't turn it off. I tried the speakers in upper right corner but that is volume. Thanks 97883