Windows 10: Controlling Privacy in Windows 10, Could it be true?

Discus and support Controlling Privacy in Windows 10, Could it be true? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I installed Windows 10 on to my system, but I have not hooked it up to the Internet. Call it paranoia, but I want to make sure Win10 does not go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AirPower4ever, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Controlling Privacy in Windows 10, Could it be true?

So I installed Windows 10 on to my system, but I have not hooked it up to the Internet. Call it paranoia, but I want to make sure Win10 does not go rogue on me before I let it go to the net.

But then I found this program called O&O Shutup10 which seems to shut down a lot of the privacy items. I have not used it, maybe tomorrow I will have time to play with it, but has any one here heard of this program? And does it truly do what it says it can do?

Just some poking around Win10 I found some settings, but they are in different areas. This program seems to put it all in one area to view. Just wondering.

:)

AirPower4ever, Dec 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 privacy after launch

Windows 10 includes a comprehensive Privacy setting which you can use to manage and control what you share with Microsoft:

Start > Settings > Privacy

Windows 10 Privacy Statement (Microsoft Privacy Statement – Microsoft privacy)

Andre Da Costa, Dec 2, 2015
  3. yurrrik Win User
    Could it be that Nokia E52 made in china?

Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day.

yurrrik, Dec 2, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Controlling Privacy in Windows 10, Could it be true?

I'm sure there are programs that can do such but many I believe wouldn't use those types of programs simply because their level of paranoia isn't as high as those that have things to hide from . We live in a world nowadays there is no such thing as privacy, no matter what one tries to do . Thanks to the ways things are in the middle east, life as we know it ( PRIVACY ) is gone . Also, many don't care for illegal programs or what ever.

sn00ker, Dec 5, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Don't worry about your PC to much.. I'm sure you probably have a Smart Phone that knows more about you, then your PC would..
    MS does use Telementry to inform law enforcement of certain activity

Kyhi, Dec 5, 2015
  6. @both - that is very true. I got to thinking, maybe what we perceive is our privacy is actually been lost for some time now. Your right, smart phones dead give away. Then look at Facebook, Google, Apple, Yahoo, etc.

I did try out the program by the way and it was too much. Read up on a bug in which you can set the settings, but you cannot turn them back to the way it was so had to try and sure enough. So wipe out, then reinstall. I installed 10 and saw a light "ehh, the new world we live in"

Been happy with 10 though.

Thanks snOOker and Kyhi!

AirPower4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Controlling Privacy in Windows 10, Could it be true?

1. Controlling Privacy in Windows 10, Could it be true? - Similar Threads - Controlling Privacy true

2. Is This True

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is This True: Hi I have a Windows Server 2019 Essential License, can I use that to activate the Standard edition of Windows Server 2022 as stated on the article below or are they talking about Essential 2022, but I thought 2019 was the last edition of the Essential, am I misreading this,...
  3. Is This True

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is This True: Hi I have a Windows Server 2019 Essential License, can I use that to activate the Standard edition of Windows Server 2022 as stated on the article below or are they talking about Essential 2022, but I thought 2019 was the last edition of the Essential, am I misreading this,...
  4. Is this true?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this true?: Someone told me a little birdy? that in the near future maybe 2047 that Windows file explorer with have. 1. Tabs 2. An undo button on the ribbon as apposed to in the quick menu... good luck finding it. 3. and, rather than copy then paste a file/folder... a 'duplicate item'...
  5. I found that the screensaver with controller plugged in is true.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found that the screensaver with controller plugged in is true.: I have the same trouble with the screensaver when I have a third party game controller or adapter plugged in. The screen saver won't work. I unplugged my snes controller adapter and the screensaver started working after restarting the PC. Best thing to do is unplug the...
  6. remote name could not be resolved: 'api.intelsa.intel.com' Network available: True

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remote name could not be resolved: 'api.intelsa.intel.com' Network available: True: Log Name: isaAgentLog Source: isaAgent Date: 2020-03-15 10:20:12 AM Event ID: 1130 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Randall-PC Description: 1.0.0.532: Connection error: The remote...
  7. Windows 10 and privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and privacy: There has been a lot of talk concerning Windows 10 and privacy. What settings are actually necessary to change? Is this https://fix10.isleaked.com/ overexaggerating or not? And what telemetry settings do you use? According this site How to disable Telemetry and Data...
  8. Is this true??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is this true??: I have just read this article out of curiosity and am shocked at what is being stated in point 1 is this true or not?? Windows 10: Ten big things to watch for in 2016 - TechRepublic 35600
  9. Windows 10 privacy journey continues: more transparency and controls

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 privacy journey continues: more transparency and controls: Introducing three new things that will empower customers to be more informed about their privacy in Windows 10.Terry Myerson is the EVP of the Windows and Devices Group and Marisa Rogers is the WDG Privacy Officer Last week, we shared that the Windows 10 Creators Update...
  10. Privacy and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy and Windows 10: In today’s connected world, maintaining our privacy is an incredibly important topic to each of us, thus we welcome the questions and the feedback we’ve received since launching Windows 10. Trust is a core pillar of our More Personal Computing vision, and we know we have...