Windows 10: Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?

Discus and support Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I did something terrible to my tablet, I converted the partition from GPT to MBR in a desperate try to install windows 7. Now tablet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alesyt0h, Sep 6, 2015.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?

Hello!

I did something terrible to my tablet, I converted the partition from GPT to MBR in a desperate try to install windows 7.

Now tablet is not reading any usb I plug in, and of course I cannot format disk again because it doesn't recognize anything, always booting at uefi shell.

Anything I can do to fix it?

Thank you so much!

:)

alesyt0h, Sep 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 Security Update Bricked my AMD based PC and unable to re-install Windows 10 Pro due to GPT partition

With this in mind I could convert the disk to MBR, then install Windows and all applications.

NOT

If he has UEFI GPT, you are not converting to a BIOS based PC with a MBR.

seahawks65, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Need to install windows 7 professional after a month

You can go to bios to check boot mode. if it is Legacy mode, then convert
    disk to MBR partition table. if it is EFI or UEFI mode, then convert the disk to GPT disk. you can also change the boot mode to fix this.

The conversion with Windows built in tool will delete everything on your disk including recovery partition.You can use diskpart.exe or disk management to convert GPT to MBR, but you need to delete this disk to make it shown
    as unallocated space. therefore, you'd better backup the needed information before doing it.

If you want to convert between GPT and MBR without affecting the OS, you need to use third party software, such as AOMEI Partition Assistant. Convert Disk between MBR and GPT in Windows 10 without Data Loss

Youngwarlord, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?

try entering your tablets bios (you will need to check your tablet manufacures instructions usualy on their website for how to access the bios)
    and change from UEFI to legacy
    iirc usb devices will only boot from legacy bios.. at least mine does *Tongue

you can change the disk type from MBR to GPT using the commandline (DOS) using diskpart assuming you can either boot to windows or the windows recovery environment from USB\DVD see here (iirc this works with w7 and up)
    Change a Master Boot Record Disk into a GUID PartitionTable Disk
    once done switch back to UEFI

imho if your not sure what your doing you may be better off wiping the disks and starting again

finglonger, Sep 7, 2015
  5. alesyt0h Win User
    Thanks for reply!!

But my tablet don't have a legacy option :/.....

I can't enter on windows, neither on recovery, bios always booting the uefi shell, and every usb I plug (with windows on it) tried w7,w8,w10 .. not recognizing any usb. *Sad

alesyt0h, Sep 7, 2015
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    It would be helpful to know the brand and model number of your tablet.

7. alesyt0h Win User
    The brand is spanish, is UNUSUAL 10W.

alesyt0h, Sep 8, 2015
  8. Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?

Unusual Tech site
    UNUSUAL 10W - Comodidad y tecnologÃ*a 2 en 1

There is a recovery image (I think - Mi español no es muy bueno.) in the downloads section at the bottom of the page.
    10W - Imagen de recuperación de sistema

Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell? [​IMG]

The trick is getting it on your tablet - is there any data you need on the device?

Slartybart, Sep 8, 2015
  9. You might try using Rufus to create Windows Install Media (Win7, Win8, or Win10) from an ISO. Create the flash drive as a GPT / UEFI boot.

Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell? [​IMG]

I don't know if that will get you to the machine or not, but it's a thought.

Slartybart, Sep 8, 2015
  10. alesyt0h Win User
    Fixed! I upgraded my bios and now USB are recognited !

Thank you all!

alesyt0h, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?

1. Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell? - Similar Threads - Convert MBR disk

2. How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to convert a system MBR disk to GPT disk ?: Hi,I need to convert my system disk to GPT without losing data or reinstalling windows 10.So I can convert my system from legacy BIOS to UEFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-a-system-mbr-disk-to-gpt-disk/e5c6c129-e5c7-49c0-bb2f-979136b58b36
  3. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  4. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  5. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  7. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  8. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk

How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk: why does windows 10 32 bit(x86) clean install as mbr when i pre-format the hard drive as gpt? is there a solution or is that the default and only option for installation? i've contacted asus who makes my motherboard to check for uefi details and everything i can think of...
  10. convert MBR to GPT disk

convert MBR to GPT disk: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B Disk 1 Online 7633 MB 0 B DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to convert mbr to gpt in uefi shell

2. convert mbr to gpt uefi shell

3. how to conver mbr to gpt via uefi shell

4. partition disk in efi shell,
  5. uefi shell change gpt,
  6. Convert mbr to gpt from efi shell