Windows 10: convert wim file to vdh

Discus and support convert wim file to vdh in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have several custom wim files each containing bootable windows 7 images plus applications how do I convert these to a format to run as virtual PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by walrus21, Nov 17, 2015.

1. walrus21 Win User

convert wim file to vdh

I have several custom wim files each containing bootable windows 7 images plus applications how do I convert these to a format to run as virtual PC's in VMware or Virtual box.
    There are many solutions out there (notably using a convert-windowsimage .ps1 in powershell) but none of them seem to work.
    Anyone with any ideas
    Thanks

:)

walrus21, Nov 17, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

how to open or convert wim files

A .wim is a Windows Image File. It is used by imaging software.

BulldogXX, Nov 17, 2015
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

convert wim file to vdh

1. convert wim file to vdh - Similar Threads - convert wim file

2. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  3. Recover from WIM files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover from WIM files.: I ran a backup via USB with windows 11 backup on 1/20/2024 in plans that if I ever needed a backup, I would have it. So slightly fast forward to now, I need the backup and I can't select it to restore. I have tried several different options via recovery including recover from...
  4. performance on generating a wim file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    performance on generating a wim file: I have a WinPE bootable USB drive. After booting from the usb, I use dism /capture-image /imagefile:E:\install.wim /capturedir*Biggrin:\ /ScratchDir:E:\Scratch /name:"AnyName" /compress:maximum /checkintegrity /verify /bootable to generate a wim file. I got an wim file that...
  5. Viruses in an old WIM file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Viruses in an old WIM file: Hi Windows Defender (latest Windows 10 version) is reporting several viruses contained in an old WIM file produced under Windows 7 or 8. However, it just "hangs" when trying to solve the problem. I have tried to delete the file, cut and paste it to a memory stick, rename...
  6. Open in WIM files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Open in WIM files: I backed up the files to a potable disk drive on my bad computer. Now I want to view those file but they are WIM files. How can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-in-wim-files/73872582-e4fe-4c76-9fb6-11924698ab83
  7. how to open wim files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to open wim files: i backed up my files, folders, pictures on a usb drive before it crashed. Purchased a new computer everything loaded, windows 10, now putting in the usb drive everthing is wim files, how do you open them...
  8. Anyone used winreducer wim converter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone used winreducer wim converter?: Anyone used winreducer wim converter? 5061
  9. Stuck on converting ESD to WIM File using a script tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on converting ESD to WIM File using a script tool: Hi, I'm facing difficulty while trying to convert .ESD to .WIM File I'm using a script that belongs to below source: How to convert install.esd to install.wim Mark The Tech DISM giving me the following error when reaching at 84%> error 605 the specified buffer...
  10. Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10: How to: Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10 [img] Information Servicing an offline image, mounting an image, committing changes, it all sounds a bit complicated to an average Windows user. However, it's just geek speak meaning modifying default Windows...