Windows 10: Converting data

Discus and support Converting data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; From an e-mail, is there any way to convert data on a notepad to an Excel spreadsheet?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisKetelsen, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Converting data

From an e-mail, is there any way to convert data on a notepad to an Excel spreadsheet?

:)

ChrisKetelsen, Aug 25, 2018

2. Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss  

Here it is:

Brink, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Converting data

how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Hi,

The process of conversion is quite tricky but not exactly that complicated. Suggested safe is to have your data cloned and work on the clone instead of the original. This suggestions and steps were provided by one of the Microsoft Community Forum MVP's,
    John John__ in his response on this thread. Follow the steps carefully
    to be able to avoid data loss.

I hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Converting data

1. Converting data - Similar Threads - Converting data

2. Lost Data after Converting MBR to GPT during Windows 10 Installation - How Can I Recover It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Data after Converting MBR to GPT during Windows 10 Installation - How Can I Recover It?: I attempted to install a clean Windows 10 setup and encountered an issue stating, “Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table.” Following recommended steps for EFI systems, I converted the partition table to GPT using the Diskpart...
  3. Lost Data after Converting MBR to GPT during Windows 10 Installation - How Can I Recover It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Data after Converting MBR to GPT during Windows 10 Installation - How Can I Recover It?: I attempted to install a clean Windows 10 setup and encountered an issue stating, “Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table.” Following recommended steps for EFI systems, I converted the partition table to GPT using the Diskpart...
  4. Lost Data after Converting MBR to GPT during Windows 10 Installation - How Can I Recover It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?: I have a two terabyte external hard drive that holds all my files. I installed a bootable drive software and without warning it wiped the drive. The drive was partitioned into a 32 gb "ESD-USB" and the rest was unallocated. I could not see the unallocated space so I...
  6. Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?

Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?: I have a two terabyte external hard drive that holds all my files. I installed a bootable drive software and without warning it wiped the drive. The drive was partitioned into a 32 gb "ESD-USB" and the rest was unallocated. I could not see the unallocated space so I...
  7. Is data recovery possible for a hard drive that has been converted into a bootable drive?

8. clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...: clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted gpt to mbr before or after all data lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disk-deletes-registry-and-old-and-new-data/ffd8637f-98d7-4807-93bd-36733ab27b79
  9. clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...

clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...: clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted gpt to mbr before or after all data lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disk-deletes-registry-and-old-and-new-data/ffd8637f-98d7-4807-93bd-36733ab27b79
  10. clean disk deletes registry and old and new data also can i restore it or if i converted...