Windows 10: Cookies by the hundreds.

Discus and support Cookies by the hundreds. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have found on my system Firefox (57.0.2) is getting hundreds of tracking cookies. Found with SAS. It doesn't happen with Windows 7. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Layback Bear, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Cookies by the hundreds.

I have found on my system Firefox (57.0.2) is getting hundreds of tracking cookies. Found with SAS.

It doesn't happen with Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Jack

:)

Layback Bear, Dec 16, 2017

2. Spoke to a Microsoft Technician who accessed my computer remotely, then got 200 viruses...

Hi Le Boule.

A few things - You have to let Microsoft use cookies in order for your to use there online remote services -- and also what was streamlined to my computer was more then just cookies... And finally, if you have hundreds of malware, cookies, and tracking software
    entering your computer, and running at the time - this will slow down your computer, (as well as any virus software you may have), to the point where your virus software (and firewall) fail -- so hundreds of cookies, tracking software and malware are indeed
    harmful to your computer...

The point is that Microsoft aught to make sure that there "secure" pathway to their technicians, (using remote access), is indeed secure, and will not cause hundreds of malware, cookies and tracking software to enter their customers devices...

Remote Access, at its present form, is not safe for people to use... All of this activity shuts down my firewall -- exactly what a virus is designed to do.... And it is this reason why so many people start purchasing Apple products....

DominickRomeo, Dec 16, 2017
  3. YvonneCN Win User
    Cannot seem to access history logs for Defender on Windows 10

What about cookies though? Doesn't it report these as most antivirus software does. Everyone gets hundreds of those all the time.

YvonneCN, Dec 16, 2017
  4. Cookies by the hundreds.

Hi,
    Use in-private browsing at least they will not be retained and deleted on exit.

ThrashZone, Dec 16, 2017
  5. It could of been Google. I have changed to Bing. I will see what happens.

Thank you.

Jack

6. Hi,
    Bing I believe installs more cookies *Smile

Duck duck go is a better test

ThrashZone, Dec 16, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
    Nobody can beat Google.

essenbe, Dec 16, 2017
  8. Wynona Win User

Cookies by the hundreds.

I just checked and removed a gazillion cookies stored by Bing and who knows what else.

Wynona, Dec 16, 2017
  9. Hi,
    Yep Bing is just as bad if not worse *Smile
    Gives a little taste of win-10 is too *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Dec 16, 2017
  10. Well Firefox and Google don't do it on Windows 7.

I just checked my Windows 7 computer, which I have been on line for a hour or so and SAS didn't find any tracking cookies.
    I also use Firefox and Google on the Windows 7 computer.

I will compare setting and see if I can find any difference.

Jack

11. torre Win User
    Did you use SAS ?

I am not familiar with SAS, is it credible ? I do recall using it once several years ago and seems it was difficult to remove ?

torre, Dec 16, 2017
  12. I have use Super Anti Spyware for years and have never had a problem with it.
    Using Windows 7, for a month and don't get 2 or 3 tracking cookies.
    I go to many more different sites on the 7 computer than I do on the 10 computer.
    The only thing different is the operating system. I don't really understand how that would make a difference.

I'm going to do a scan with Eset Online Scanner and see if it tells me anything.

In one hour I got 351 of these.

Using Firefox (57.0.2) and Google.

Here is a short list.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 17, 2017
  13. Cookies by the hundreds.

I have been doing so many things with my new install.
    Reading lots of Tutorials and trying many things; I forgot all about this.

Eset Online Scanner found this. It's the only scanner that I have found that finds this. Of course I removed it.

C:\Users\Jack\Desktop\Good Shit\spsetup131.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application

I had already ran the scan on both of my Windows 7 installs.

I will find out in a couple of days.

Knock on wood Veneer desk top.

I'm back using Firefox as default. I hope it works as well as it does in Windows 7.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 17, 2017
  14. torre Win User
    torre, Dec 17, 2017
  15. ThrashZone, Dec 17, 2017
Thema:

Cookies by the hundreds.

1. Cookies by the hundreds. - Similar Threads - Cookies hundreds

2. Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies: Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAb37fF67tw submitted by /u/RoughCalligrapher906 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1c3hd31/bypass_member_only_sites_disable_pop_ups_for/
  3. Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies: I updated Windows 11 last weekend, 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems, and all my financial accounts forgot my device. How do I backup the necessary cookies, because I can't find them, so I can avoid this problem or how can I update...
  4. Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update eliminates device identification cookies: I updated Windows 11 last weekend, 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems, and all my financial accounts forgot my device. How do I backup the necessary cookies, because I can't find them, so I can avoid this problem or how can I update...
  5. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  6. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  7. Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update: In Edge Settings - Cookies & Site Permissions - Cookies & Data Stored - Cookies & Site Data, there's an option to "block Saving & Reading cookies on your device".After using SuperAntiSpyware weekly, a list of about 12 tracking cookies are typically displayed. Using the...
  8. Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update

Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update: In Edge Settings - Cookies & Site Permissions - Cookies & Data Stored - Cookies & Site Data, there's an option to "block Saving & Reading cookies on your device".After using SuperAntiSpyware weekly, a list of about 12 tracking cookies are typically displayed. Using the...
  9. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b
  10. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b