Windows 10: Cool new feature?

Discus and support Cool new feature? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dunno if I've been under a rock or what, but found this cool feature... WMP interfaced with the keyboard volume controls... [img] 3188 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Superfly, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Superfly Win User

Cool new feature?

Dunno if I've been under a rock or what, but found this cool feature... WMP interfaced with the keyboard volume controls...

Cool new feature? [​IMG]

:)

Superfly, Dec 6, 2014

2. Cooling

Dear Microsoft,

Firstly sorry for my bad english. I have a question inconnection my notebook's cooling. I live in Hungary, in Central-Europe and this summer more is hotter than the other ones were ever been. My notebook is a Samsung product (NP270E5V-X03HU) and sometimes
    the cpu (in my opinion) is overheeting themself up to 90°C! When I feel it's too hot, immadietely I decrease using of the performance to give chance to cool it down.

Is it possible to cool it down by an option in windows whitout a thrid party software or the only safety solution is using an other hardware, for example a notebook cooler?

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

p.s.: I really enjoy to use the new Windows 10. Cool new feature? :)

Dávid ILLÉS, Dec 6, 2014
  3. Syed N Win User
    Cooling

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

• Do you have the latest BIOS installed?

Log on to the PC manufacturer website and update the computer with the latest BIOS.

Note: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Syed N, Dec 6, 2014
  4. Petey7 Win User

Cool new feature?

That isn't really a new feature. My Windows 8.1 tablet has the same thing.

Petey7, Dec 6, 2014
  5. Superfly Win User
    Mmmm... thanx, Nice addition *Smile

Superfly, Dec 6, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Hmmm is right; wasn't there on my desktop a couple days ago!

Edwin, Dec 6, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    Almost as handy as the old WMP Toolbar, as a quick reference if anything. (I think it's aimed more at touch devices though)
    Displays album art as well! *Smile

Having said that... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>What are you listening to now??

Cool new feature? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 6, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Cool new feature?

I've noticed that as well and for one like it.

BunnyJ, Dec 6, 2014
  9. swarfega Win User
    Are they bringing WMP back then? Since 8 was released its been kinda disabled.

swarfega, Dec 6, 2014
  10. Comparing this to my Win 8 it seems new to me

If I use xbox music I get the above using the keyboard controls, in WMP I get no on screen display

would be nice to see a merging of xbox music/WMP

paulsalter, Dec 6, 2014
  11. I see that box in Windows 8.1 when running Slacker Radio. In Media Player it's just a small volume up down on screen indication. I'm not running Windows 10 at the moment. Maybe in the new year though.

alphanumeric, Dec 6, 2014
  12. kenC Win User
    Hi - how did you get 'This PC' onto your desktop ? A shortcut, I guess. I only get options to pin to start.
    I tried making a desktop shortcut but lots of things are greyed out.

13. Edwin New Member
  14. kenC Win User
    Thanks, Edwin - must have missed that one. I'll give it a go tonight. Best, Ken.

15. Ztruker Win User
    Right click on the Desktop and select Personalize.
    Click Change desktop icons.
    Check Computer.
    Apply and OK.

Edit: I think I'm not understanding something so my above may not be useful.

Ztruker, Dec 6, 2014
Thema:

Cool new feature?

1. Cool new feature? - Similar Threads - Cool feature

2. Laptop screen does not turn on fully black at all and cooling fan starts speeding up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen does not turn on fully black at all and cooling fan starts speeding up...: Hello! Yesterday i made a forum post with my sisters laptop not turning on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-has-no-power-and-wont-turn-on-even-if/f5568714-6099-4bf9-85b7-403777751aba <-- view full post here after sometime it turned back on without...
  3. Laptop screen does not turn on fully black at all and cooling fan starts speeding up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen does not turn on fully black at all and cooling fan starts speeding up...: Hello! Yesterday i made a forum post with my sisters laptop not turning on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-has-no-power-and-wont-turn-on-even-if/f5568714-6099-4bf9-85b7-403777751aba <-- view full post here after sometime it turned back on without...
  4. Laptop screen does not turn on fully black at all and cooling fan starts speeding up...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Phone Link - cool idea and very nice app but unfortunately next to useless :-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link - cool idea and very nice app but unfortunately next to useless :-: In principle I like the new Phone Link app a lot. The ability to see the phone's screen and use its apps on the laptop or use the laptop's keyboard to text and for entry into phone apps would be brillant. I would like to use it much more! But unfortunately it is next to...
  6. Phone Link - cool idea and very nice app but unfortunately next to useless :-

Phone Link - cool idea and very nice app but unfortunately next to useless :-: In principle I like the new Phone Link app a lot. The ability to see the phone's screen and use its apps on the laptop or use the laptop's keyboard to text and for entry into phone apps would be brillant. I would like to use it much more! But unfortunately it is next to...
  7. Can't remove the back cover of hp laptop 15 dw3072nx as the cooling fan 90B is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove the back cover of hp laptop 15 dw3072nx as the cooling fan 90B is not working: hp laptop 15 dw3072nxWhile turning on the laptop there's a pop up msg that windows cooling fan isn't working Cooling fan 90B** Moved from Surface to Windows **...
  8. Can't remove the back cover of hp laptop 15 dw3072nx as the cooling fan 90B is not working

Can't remove the back cover of hp laptop 15 dw3072nx as the cooling fan 90B is not working: hp laptop 15 dw3072nxWhile turning on the laptop there's a pop up msg that windows cooling fan isn't working Cooling fan 90B** Moved from Surface to Windows **...
  9. Would love to disable this cool new feature!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Would love to disable this cool new feature!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dylan0o7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/oin3o7/would_love_to_disable_this_cool_new_feature/
  10. Is this a new feature? Very cool though!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a new feature? Very cool though!: This! Translation: Independence Day, India. submitted by /u/_d3ad-AF_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ia3vqj/is_this_a_new_feature_very_cool_though/