Windows 10: Copy data files from a CDROM - access denied

Discus and support Copy data files from a CDROM - access denied in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 10. I am trying to copy DATA files and folders from a DVD. This is not music, movies, or anything like that, these are data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by knorseth, May 14, 2016.

1. knorseth Win User

Copy data files from a CDROM - access denied

I just upgraded to windows 10. I am trying to copy DATA files and folders from a DVD. This is not music, movies, or anything like that, these are data files I was able to access in prior versions of Windows 10 that I placed them on the DVD myself. I am told Access denied because they are Read-only. Of course they are read-only , this is a DVD. How do I copy the files? I obviously cannot change the read-only attribute. These are not encrypted, picture a copy of multiple files and folders to my DVD. Now I cannot get to them.

Who was the idiot at Microsoft decided you cannot copy a read-only file? Security is one thing, but didn't they have the brains enough to realize you cannot change the attributes on a DVD?

:)

knorseth, May 14, 2016

2. Access Denied trying to copy from external drive

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with copying file from external drive on C drive. We will certainly help you.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this questions in order to assist you further:

• Have you tried copying the file in some other location on your system?
    • What is the exact error message you receive?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

We suggest you to try copying the file in Safe mode and check if you are able to. Follow the steps from link below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 14, 2016
  3. Tmw777 Win User
    Access Denied trying to copy from external drive

I have tried everything to copy 1 file from my external drive to a folder on my C:\ drive. I have taken ownership of both the file and directory. I did notice the folder I am copying to is read only. I try to take it off but it only stays that way in the
    current window. If I exit then look at it again it's back! I have been trying to goggle this and found others with different ways of doing it but none of them seem to help.

This system is an upgraded 10 pro from win 7 Ultimate.

Tmw777, May 14, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Where are you trying to copy the files to? The destination folder might be read only.

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
  5. Sven1458 Win User
    The long way would be opening the data file with the appropriate program and then do "save as" and put it in the folder you want
    Sven

Sven1458, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Copy data files from a CDROM - access denied - Similar Threads - Copy data files

2. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  3. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  4. Access denied to delete file from File Explorer, but not from Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access denied to delete file from File Explorer, but not from Desktop?: So i have a folder on Desktop. If i want to delete it directly from Desktop its fine, it works. If i open Desktop in File Explorer, i can't delete the folder because it says Access Denied. What is this? submitted by /u/g0dafk [link] [comments]...
  5. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  6. Access denied to copy 'autorun.inf' file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied to copy 'autorun.inf' file.: Hey there!! I was creating a Windows 10 Media setup, but it failed. So I downloaded Windows 10 ISO Image and extracted it with PowerISO. It worked well till here. After that, while transferring the extracted files to a USB drive, access to the 'autorun.inf' was denied. And...
  7. How to copy files to WindowsIcons folder? Access denied!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy files to WindowsIcons folder? Access denied!: I am trying to change the default icons of some Windows apps like Camera and Calculator. I found the folder where these icons are located. For instance, the Camera icons are located here. C:\Program...
  8. Access denied to folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to folders and files: Runnin win 10 since 2 weeks. Trying to copy all files from external HD to new second internal HD. some files copied no problem, other files and folders will either not copy (administrator rights) or are outright "access denied". All are films, no programs. I got full...
  9. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590
  10. Access Denies Program Data

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Denies Program Data: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro and I have screwed up permissions on C:\Programdata and I can no longer install software. The reason for this is as follows... - I was trying to restrict access / control etc to the folder C:\Programdata for all users on my...