Windows 10: Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence

Discus and support Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I want to copy files from my PC to Android phone in the "Last Date Modified" sequence. That is, the file in that folder was modified the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lolcocks, Oct 21, 2016.

1. lolcocks Win User

Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence

So I want to copy files from my PC to Android phone in the "Last Date Modified" sequence.

That is, the file in that folder was modified the first should get copied first.
    Then the file that was modified second, should get copied second.

Is there any way to do this? Like with a tool or something?

:)

lolcocks, Oct 21, 2016

2. How to I get to scroll through my photos in file sequence, not randomly as at present?

Having looked a bit further, it seems that the photo files on the phone are stored as if they are music files with music file attributes (track, artist, album etc). This means that "Date Taken" is not one of the available attributes on which to sequence.
    This makes the display by "Date" fairly meaningless as this will generally be the date they were copied to the phone.

Roger M'Lud, Oct 21, 2016
  3. How do I search for a specific

Using the File Explorer, I want to search for all files modified on a certain date in the past. The only options I see things like "yesterday, last week, last year, etc." I want to be able to search for all files modified on a certain date (ex. July
    12, 2015). How can I do this?

mcmikelasertr, Oct 21, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

You could do it with powershell like this.

Code: $items = (Get-ChildItem -Path "Rootfilepath" -Recurse | Sort LastWriteTime) foreach($item in $items) { Copy-Item $item.FullName -Destination "Directory you want to copy to" }[/quote]

Neemobeer, Oct 21, 2016
  5. lolcocks Win User
    [/quote] What directory should I put?
    The phone doesn't get a drive name because it's mounted in MTP mode.

lolcocks, Oct 21, 2016
  6. lolcocks Win User
    Bump.

lolcocks, Oct 22, 2016
  7. Neemobeer Win User
    Yeah that is a problem. I guess you would need something like Home | MTP Drive

Neemobeer, Oct 22, 2016
  8. lolcocks Win User

Any other free alternatives?

lolcocks, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Copy files in the "Last Date Modified" sequence - Similar Threads - Copy files Last

2. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  3. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  4. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  5. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  6. FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???: Files created over many years were copied form PC WIN 7 to a portable hard drive then my new PC WIN10 File creation dates and modified dates changed to the date copy was done. For my purposes this is disastrous. One answer was I should have used "move" instead of "copy"....
  7. Question about folder last-modified date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about folder last-modified date: I have a folder structure like the following: Documents -> Client Name -> Project Name I keep my documents folder sorted by Last Modified date. Ideally, any time I modified a file in one of the Project folders, it would not only change the date on the Project folder (which...
  8. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  9. Modify boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modify boot sequence: Hello I have a problem with my Acer laptop,I want to reinstall my windows but I can t change my boot sequence because I have a BIOS password,I did not put the password I bought it from a store like this.When I got the laptop I could install it because it came blank with no...
  10. Finding a photo by last modified date

Finding a photo by last modified date: How do I find a photo by create date/last modified date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-a-photo-by-last-modified-date/5f89975a-7e0a-4094-ae0e-b80c57b0c0d5"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy files in a sequence of date