Windows 10: copy from windows 7 disks

Discus and support copy from windows 7 disks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Happy New Year to one and all. Let's talk about this garbage O/S. Attempted to install my photos from a disk created on Windows 7. At 43%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Powell Lucas, Dec 30, 2017.

1. copy from windows 7 disks

Happy New Year to one and all.

Let's talk about this garbage O/S.

Attempted to install my photos from a disk created on Windows 7. At 43% completed it freezes and will not install any further,
    and where have all my sites stored in Favorites gone?

:)

Powell Lucas, Dec 30, 2017

2. Windows 10 - had a good install but apparently it is now bolluxed up.

I downloaded an install copy of Windows 10 in the hopes of repairing the drive - the message I get is "windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style" This disk was upgraded from a clean install of Windows 7 professional.

TexanSooner, Dec 30, 2017
  3. TZabkar Win User
    Civ 4 on Windows 10

can i copy the secdrv.sys file from my windows 7 computer to my window 10 computer? is it the same file that is on the civ4 install disk?

TZabkar, Dec 30, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

copy from windows 7 disks

What sort of disk are you referring to? HD, CD, DVD? I doubt that the OS matters much, although I'm not sure about what would happen if it was a CD or DVD written using packet-writing software (makes the disk function like a floppy, even if it's a write-once CD).

As for Favorites, that's browser dependent. The ones for IE11 are just stored as files. You can copy them to the proper location (for IE), and they ought to work fine. The Edge browser uses a very different scheme.

Win 10 has been out since late July of 2015. Are you joining the party this late?

bobkn, Dec 30, 2017
  5. Winuser Win User
    Is it possible that some of the files are corrupted or that the disk is going bad? Can you try copying them on another computer?

Winuser, Dec 30, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

copy from windows 7 disks

1. copy from windows 7 disks - Similar Threads - copy disks

2. Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".: Hi. I have been trying to back up some data from my laptop to my hard disk. The copy process stops midway and an error occurs which reads "Can't read from the source file or disk". I ran a chkdsk also but i stopped it at stage 4 because the files I was trying to copy went...
  3. Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to copy data to my hard drive. "Can't read from the source file or disk".: Hi. I have been trying to back up some data from my laptop to my hard disk. The copy process stops midway and an error occurs which reads "Can't read from the source file or disk". I ran a chkdsk also but i stopped it at stage 4 because the files I was trying to copy went...
  4. I can't download, copy paste anything to disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download, copy paste anything to disk C: I recently reinstalled windows Windows 10 home and for some reason I can't instal,download or copy paste anything to Drive C. I am the only one admin and there are no other user accounts and I don't want to create any other user accounts and fix problem on the main one. So...
  5. I can't download, copy paste anything to disk C

I can't download, copy paste anything to disk C: I recently reinstalled windows Windows 10 home and for some reason I can't instal,download or copy paste anything to Drive C. I am the only one admin and there are no other user accounts and I don't want to create any other user accounts and fix problem on the main one. So...
  6. I can't download, copy paste anything to disk C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why is size on disk different on a flash drive when I copy a large amount of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is size on disk different on a flash drive when I copy a large amount of files?: Hi, I've noticed that when I copy a large amount of files to a flash drive, the size on disk on the flash drive is different from my actual hard drive. Why is this?If it helps, my hard drive is an internal SSD and both drives are formatted in NTFS. I have Windows 11.Here's a...
  8. Why is size on disk different on a flash drive when I copy a large amount of files?

Why is size on disk different on a flash drive when I copy a large amount of files?: Hi, I've noticed that when I copy a large amount of files to a flash drive, the size on disk on the flash drive is different from my actual hard drive. Why is this?If it helps, my hard drive is an internal SSD and both drives are formatted in NTFS. I have Windows 11.Here's a...
  9. Can't copy everything from folder OneDrive to external hard disk using xcopy in DOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy everything from folder OneDrive to external hard disk using xcopy in DOS: My friend brought me his laptop with BSOD. I have tried everything to repair Windows 11, nothing has worked. When I try to copy OneDrive folder and all subfolders to external hard disk using xcopy in DOS I get this error: File creation error - The file cannot be accessed by...
  10. Can't copy everything from folder OneDrive to external hard disk using xcopy in DOS

Can't copy everything from folder OneDrive to external hard disk using xcopy in DOS: My friend brought me his laptop with BSOD. I have tried everything to repair Windows 11, nothing has worked. When I try to copy OneDrive folder and all subfolders to external hard disk using xcopy in DOS I get this error: File creation error - The file cannot be accessed by...