Windows 10: Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information If you’re sharing a link –... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information If you’re sharing a link – like a website in Microsoft Edge, or an app from Store – Microsoft has added a new Copy Link option in the Share UI starting with Windows 10 build 16215 to copy that link to your clipboard, so you easily can paste it into your app of choice.

This tutorial will show you how to use Copy Link in the Share UI to copy the URL link of a website opened in Microsoft Edge to the clipboard in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. While you have the website you want to copy the URL link of open in a tab, click/tap on the Share button, and click/tap on the Copy link option in the Share UI. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now see the Share UI briefly show the link has been Copied to your clipboard before the Share UI automatically closes. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now can paste this link from your clipboard into your app of choice.

That's it
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 31, 2017
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
  3. microsoft edge will not open on windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better understanding of the issue, please reply to the following questions.

• Does the same issue occur when you connect to the internet through Internet Explorer?

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Delete the Browser history

Follow the steps in below article to clear browser history in Microsoft Edge:

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Method 2: Reset Microsoft Edge

Follow the below steps to reset Microsoft Edge and check if the issue persist.

• Navigate to the below location and delete everything in this folder.
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

• Check if the issue is resolved, if not restart the system.
    Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 26, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Some Links in Microsoft Edge are yellow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Is the issue confined to any specific website?

• Does it appear in Internet Explorer?
    Step 1: Let us try to
    Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Microsoft Edge homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Step 2: Let us try to browse inPrivate in Microsoft Edge, and check if it appears there as well.

Refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/browse-inprivate-in-microsoft-edge

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Copy Link in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Copy Link Microsoft

2. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  6. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Microsoft Edge Kiosk - Open Links in New Window

Microsoft Edge Kiosk - Open Links in New Window: Hi I'm setting up Edge to replace internet explorer as our go to Kiosk solution.We have a particular website that we load in full screen, we remove tabs and the ability to "escape" from the website rendered in full screen.Usually people browse this site, there are links on...
  9. Microsoft windows 10 1909 Does not copy or paste links in microsoft mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft windows 10 1909 Does not copy or paste links in microsoft mail app: Microsoft windows 10 1909 Does not copy or paste links in Microsoft mail app this issue has been happening on all of my computers with this update....
  10. Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Missing 'Copy Download Link' option: We all know that IE, Firefox, etc have the option to copy the download link of an ongoing download job. But it seems Microsoft had something really great in mind and has apparently removed that feature from Microsoft Edge *Huh I wonder wheres the 'Edge'?? Can someone...