Windows 10: Copy local GPO from Win8 OS to Win10 OS

Discus and support Copy local GPO from Win8 OS to Win10 OS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. We have some computers with Windows 8 installed in a public library for the public to use. They are locked down tight with local GPO and is not in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by norway2016, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Copy local GPO from Win8 OS to Win10 OS

Hi.
    We have some computers with Windows 8 installed in a public library for the public to use. They are locked down tight with local GPO and is not in a domain since they need only Internet access. We have now switched to Windows 10 as OS on new computers and I was wondering if I could some how just copy the local GPO from the old Windows 8 computer so I did not have to run through all options and set the them again in order to lock the new computers down as tight due to security. Has anyone any idea if this is possible?

:)

norway2016, Feb 21, 2016
  2. 6aussies Win User

Windows 10 corrupted

• I am running Win10 via a digital download (upgrade from Win8). The OS is
      very slow (possibly corrupted) and I wish to reload Win10 but don't have a restore point that goes that far back. If I reload Win8 for which I have the CD, will I be able to upgrade to Win10 once I get Win8 working?

6aussies, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Adding a SSD as C: Drive

Upgraded a computer that came win8 on a 1TB drive to win10. I want/need to install an SSD. Can I move the OS to the SSD and add another HD so I separate drives for OS, programs, and game recordings? Or do I just have buy Win10 and start from scratch?

CarlSmithe, Feb 21, 2016
Thema:

Copy local GPO from Win8 OS to Win10 OS

1. Copy local GPO from Win8 OS to Win10 OS - Similar Threads - Copy local GPO

2. Switching Win10 OS from HDD to SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Win10 OS from HDD to SSD.: Hello everyone, I'm super confused as to how I can switch the OS from HDD to SSD. I have a 2 TB HDD that contains my OS and I'm looking to add a 240 GB SSD to my rig and would like to have the OS on my SSD. I'm okay with a complete reinstallion of Win10 onto my SSD meaning...
  3. Storage: OS and local drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage: OS and local drive: My computer says I have 40.8 MB free of 449 MB on the local disk E: and 848 GB out of 921 GB on my OS C: drive. It seems that I have a lot of storage left on this computer so how do I use some of those 848 GB's?...
  4. How to copy user accounts in Win8 to online accounts in Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to copy user accounts in Win8 to online accounts in Win10: Hi I'm surprised that nobody else has this problem, but I've searched and can't find an answer...apologies if I've not looked hard enough but I decided to post a question because this is 'urgent' to me. I had 2 children's accounts in Win 8, and had local Parental...
  5. win10 os

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 os: *sarc I am using win10 10586 and would like to know if this is the latest on the slow ring. 50534
  6. Move system partition from unwanted OS (WinXP) to current OS (Win10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition from unwanted OS (WinXP) to current OS (Win10): Hi TenForums! I am loving Windows 10 and I want to remove Windows XP from my dual-boot configuration (and remove the whole dual-boot thing completely) but it also acts as the system partition, so I guess it's not as straight-forward as I had hoped. Is there a way to make my...
  7. Use Win10 as main OS ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Use Win10 as main OS ??: Hello. I know Microsoft does not recommend using windows 10 as the main OS, but I have to change my mainboard and CPU next weekend, and therefor I want to do a clean install. But do I install Windows 8.1again? Or is it safe to take the chance and use Windows 10 as Main OS...
  8. Copy OS to new HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy OS to new HDD: Hi all, Installed 2nd larger HD, could you help with the easiest way to copy the current c drive including os to the new drive please. Many thanks Paul 104991
  9. Upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 and need to re-install OS but no OS disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 and need to re-install OS but no OS disk: Hello, I have a Dell XPS 8700 which I upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1 Home. The PC did not come with an operating System software disk and I now need to re-install the OS. Is there a preferred way to re-install Windows 10 Professional? Sorry if this is a very common...
  10. Belarc shows OS is Win8 on W10 pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Belarc shows OS is Win8 on W10 pc: I run Belarc Adviser from time to time, ran it this morning and it shows my OS as Microsoft - Windows 8 Home Premium (x64) I upgraded to W10 Home Premium in August from Win7, does anybody know why Belarc shows this? My W10 is activated and has no problems, this machine...