Windows 10: Copy Modern-app settings from one computer to another?

Discus and support Copy Modern-app settings from one computer to another? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to copy settings of Modern apps from one computer to another? Example: copy all the settings from the Photos app on one computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jfreemont, Jul 13, 2015.

1. jfreemont Win User

Copy Modern-app settings from one computer to another?

Is it possible to copy settings of Modern apps from one computer to another?

Example:
    copy all the settings from the Photos app on one computer to another computer.

:)

jfreemont, Jul 13, 2015

2. Lets make windows great again.... copy/paste problems

how about you guys fix copy/paste on metro/modern/uwp/(whatever you guys decide to call it from now on)

why does copy and paste feels borked on modern aaps?

win32 - copy text > can do whatever you want whit the app you copied the text from ( including close)> past on whatever app you want

modern apps - copy> close the app> paste is not available

why does windows not have a clipboard on modern apps?

this is a problem that is there since windows 8... in 4 years you couldn't implement a proper clipboard on modern apps?

btw, i posted on "system failures" because the way it works now is just a fail....

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Pedro.Simões, Jul 13, 2015
  3. Last update caused all custom file associations to reset to defaults

I don't know what you try to tell me with this reply and how it helps to prevent modern apps to grab file associations while still allowing me to select modern apps from the open with menu.

The reg file proposed just sets NoOpenWith value which on one hand seems to prevent Windows to reset file associations to modern apps but also prevents me from selecting the app from the open with menu.

Rainer Meier, Jul 13, 2015
  4. Copy Modern-app settings from one computer to another?

If you are using an MS account on the machines then the settings will sync between all devices

When you log into another machine it will show the same apps/settings

paulsalter, Jul 13, 2015
Thema:

Copy Modern-app settings from one computer to another?

1. Copy Modern-app settings from one computer to another? - Similar Threads - Copy Modern app

2. Copying files from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files from one drive to another: Hello, I am copying my useless files from my small storaged ssd to my harddrive, but when i copy over the files their sizes are 10x bigger, the files im copying is only 7.20 gb large but it's copying 70gb worth of storage to my hdd? Please give answers :) submitted by...
  3. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  4. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  5. Copying files from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files from one computer to another.: I have several NTFS formatted portable HDDs that when new files are copied onto them from one machine and I attempt to read them on another machine the new files don't appear. I've tried to use chkdsk in command mode with the /f switch, but that will not run because I'm...
  6. Modern sound settings missing from the System settings in the modern settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Modern sound settings missing from the System settings in the modern settings app: Note: i do not have windows 10 activated. The title contains what i need help with. When i search for how to get the modern sound settings back, i never find what i need, since all of the posts i find are on getting the classic sound settings instead of the modern ones....
  7. COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER: I have over 7000 photos in file explorer on my old Toshiba laptop - What is the simplest way to copy these files to my new laptop - Both operate Windows 10 - Any advice gratefully received....
  8. Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another: How do I copy Edge favorites from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-copy-edge-favorites-from-one-computer-to/b1026d87-8747-43f2-896c-dc4082bc8a42
  9. Copy Windows APP from one PC to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Windows APP from one PC to another?: Greetings! I just noticed a Store bought APP not being available for download anymore so I can't get it onto my new PC. Apparently It's not even visible to me anymore when searching for it in my Store Library. Where I DO still have access to it is on my old PC so...
  10. How to copy all settings / desktop from one Laptop to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to copy all settings / desktop from one Laptop to another: I am going to get a new laptop and want to setup settings / desktop the same as old Laptop. Both laptops have Windows 10. Any ideas how this can be done without doing it manually so I can save time? Thank you for all help given. 27644