Windows 10: Copy network settings to usb stick?

Discus and support Copy network settings to usb stick? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 7 I could copy my network settings to a usb stick and transfer it to another machine just by clicking on the file generated - really simple.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bjorn1, Nov 24, 2015.

1. bjorn1 Win User

Copy network settings to usb stick?

In Windows 7 I could copy my network settings to a usb stick and transfer it to another machine just by clicking on the file generated - really simple. But I can't find the same option in Win 10 - Anybody?

:)

bjorn1, Nov 24, 2015

2. copying network settings

can network settings be copied from one pc to another???

Gregg R.Terry Sr., Nov 24, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    copying network settings

Hi Gregg, you can do the with Powershell . . .

Right click your Start Button, choose Powershell (admin)

Run this command - You need to change your profile name and where you want to save to. The key must also be exported in clear text if you want to restore it on another PC.

netsh wlan export PROFILE name="YourNetwork" folder="E:\Profiles" key=clear

On the other PC, open Powershell as Admin and run this command, once again changing PROFILE and backup file location

netsh wlan add PROFILE filename="E:\Profiles\Wi-Fi-YourNetwork.xml"

DaveM121, Nov 24, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Not sure about doing it through GUI but if you mean Wi-Fi you can export with Code: netsh wlan export profile name="YourNetwork" folder="E:\Profiles" key=clear[/quote] and import with Code: netsh wlan add profile filename="E:\Profiles\Wi-Fi-YourNetwork.xml"[/quote] You need to change your profile name and where you want to save it of course. The key must also be exported in clear text if you want to restore it on another PC.

5. bjorn1 Win User
    and import with Code: netsh wlan add profile filename="E:\Profiles\Wi-Fi-YourNetwork.xml"[/quote] You need to change your profile name and where you want to save it of course. The key must also be exported in clear text if you want to restore it on another PC.[/quote] Yep - under the menu 'Administrate wireless network' in the 'Network and sharing Center' win 7, the security section. The quoted text is a direct translation from Danish - not sure about the englih name for it, but hope you get it.

bjorn1, Nov 24, 2015
  6. bjorn1 Win User
    and import with Code: netsh wlan add profile filename="E:\Profiles\Wi-Fi-YourNetwork.xml"[/quote] You need to change your profile name and where you want to save it of course. The key must also be exported in clear text if you want to restore it on another PC.[/quote] It was just that simple thing as mentioned. Under the menu 'Administrate wireless network' in the 'Network and sharing Center' win 7, the security section. The quoted text is a direct translation from Danish - not sure about the english name for it, but hope you get it.

bjorn1, Nov 24, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Copy network settings to usb stick? - Similar Threads - Copy network settings

2. usb storage stick used to copy one drive onto troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb storage stick used to copy one drive onto troubleshooting: hello everyone!! my name is patty ,i am hoping someone can help me with my problem here,i stupidly plugged in a storage usb and decided to copy all my one drive onto it because i was running out of space on my one drive ,and i could not buy more storage ,anyways what i did...
  3. usb storage stick used to copy one drive onto troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb storage stick used to copy one drive onto troubleshooting: hello everyone!! my name is patty ,i am hoping someone can help me with my problem here,i stupidly plugged in a storage usb and decided to copy all my one drive onto it because i was running out of space on my one drive ,and i could not buy more storage ,anyways what i did...
  4. usb storage stick used to copy one drive onto troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. reconnect USB stick as a network drive

reconnect USB stick as a network drive: Hi,a USB stick on my FritzBox7582 shall be connected automatically as a network drive after starting Win10. When I connect it manually it works. But it is tedious to do this every time manually.In the forum I found several tips but none of them worked.I tried:1 use different...
  6. .Copy Old family movies to USB Sticks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Copy Old family movies to USB Sticks: Since my computer has been updated to windows 10. I have lost the ability to copy family movies from my Sony handycam to full size disks. I would also like the ability to copy these same movies to USB sticks. I can't find any help from anyone with the expertise to perform...
  7. Network (wifi) settings won't stick

Network (wifi) settings won't stick: Network settings randomly flip. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Linksys Velop WHW0303 wifi VPN ASUS (Broadcom) 802.11ac network adapter All drivers, firmware, and software seems to be up-to-date. Network settings randomly flip: The first...
  8. Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?: Hello, can I simply copy a finished Windows 10 ISO file to a USB stick and then boot with it, or do I need software beforehand that makes the USB stick bootable with the ISO file? ISO-Imagedatei einfach aus USB-Stick kopieren?
  9. Set up ability to copy from a dvd to a usb stick.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up ability to copy from a dvd to a usb stick.: How to set up ability to copy songs from a dvd to a usb stick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-ability-to-copy-from-a-dvd-to-a-usb-stick/3fa1c5cb-4600-45ff-9914-78a5b7f44e10
  10. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can I copy my network settings to a usb stick

2. how to copy network settings

3. copy network settings to another drive

4. how to copy network settings to usb windows 10