Windows 10: Copy/Paste causes "Explorer has stopped" error and then restarts

Discus and support Copy/Paste causes "Explorer has stopped" error and then restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please help! I have seen similar issues but can't pinpoint if there is a fix for Windows 10. For the past couple days I am unable to copy/paste. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by darengibo, Jan 29, 2017.

1. darengibo Win User

Copy/Paste causes "Explorer has stopped" error and then restarts

Please help! I have seen similar issues but can't pinpoint if there is a fix for Windows 10. For the past couple days I am unable to copy/paste. The copy function appears to be working, but when pasting (either right click V or via paste) the "explorer has stopped" error comes up and then "explorer is restarting" kicks in and the files are unable to be moved.

Any idea? I have scanned for malware (none) and did a virus deep scan (none).

thanks so much as this is driving me mad!

:)

darengibo, Jan 29, 2017
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Jan 29, 2017
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Copy/Paste causes "Explorer has stopped" error and then restarts :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Jan 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you advise what you are copying and pasting please? E.g.

- folders
    - files (what type)
    - text into a file or folder name
    - something else

If you are referring to files, does this happen with
    - all file types
    - some file types but not others

Does the same thing happen in Safe Mode?
    Is there anything helpful in your event log? (Event viewer).

A screen shot would help.. showing what you are copying, and how.
    For example, are you copying between two explorer windows?
    Or do you copy sthg, and in the same explorer window browse to your destination and then paste?

Let's start there... thanks!

dalchina, Jan 29, 2017
  5. darengibo Win User
    Thanks Dalchina,
    I was preparing the screenshots, but then tried ONE MORE TIME in safe mode to see if i could copy/paste/delete and i was.. rebooted and it is "fixed" albeit not sure what even happened...

darengibo, Feb 1, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Good, hope it stays that way.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Copy/Paste causes "Explorer has stopped" error and then restarts - Similar Threads - Copy Paste causes

2. Windows Explorer keeps hanging and copy paste stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer keeps hanging and copy paste stops working: From the time when I updated to Windows 11 a few month ago, I have been having this weird problem with the most basic features of Windows. The symptoms are as mentioned below and I believe they are all inter-connected.- The time in my taskbar gets stuck. It will keep showing...
  3. Windows Explorer keeps hanging and copy paste stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer keeps hanging and copy paste stops working: From the time when I updated to Windows 11 a few month ago, I have been having this weird problem with the most basic features of Windows. The symptoms are as mentioned below and I believe they are all inter-connected.- The time in my taskbar gets stuck. It will keep showing...
  4. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer': cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cutcopypaste-disable-in-file-explorer/2d5da5c7-e22a-48e0-922b-f5535697c0d6
  5. cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer'

in Windows 10 Customization
    cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer': cut,copy,paste disable in file explorer' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cutcopypaste-disable-in-file-explorer/2d5da5c7-e22a-48e0-922b-f5535697c0d6
  6. copy and paste error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste error: This is an odd one and doesn't fit into any forum:A friend copied a link I sent her for members to click to view a newsletter on Google Drive. No typing was involved just straight copy and paste. It was a task that has been done many times in the past.The link I sent was...
  7. File Explorer Won't Copy or Paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Won't Copy or Paste: I've been trying to copy, paste and delete files on a couple of USB sticks and I've just run into problem after problem. Usually everything works fine, but today I've had some really weird things happen. When I was trying to copy and paste files, it said I could copy and...
  8. Copy and paste stopped working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste stopped working.: How do I restore copy and paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-stopped-working/c71b8ed0-25c4-4cf9-926c-7833021c0eb1
  9. Pasting copied images to File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pasting copied images to File Explorer: Yesterday I could copy images from a browser and paste them straight to the file explorer. The assigned name consisted of random numbers and letters but the whole point is that I could copy and paste the image straight to the desired folder or any other program. I'm trying it...
  10. Can't copy-paste in DOM explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Can't copy-paste in DOM explorer: Hi everyone I hope someone can help me, as this seems to be a rare problem and I haven't found anything by googleing. I have a new Win 10 PC with IE 11, and now I can't copy-paste anymore with the keyboard controls in the DOM explorer (it only works with right mouse...