Windows 10: Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question

Discus and support Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If I right click in the address bar, I don't have the option of "copy" in the drop down menu. I must select "select all", right click again and select... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bamashooter, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question

If I right click in the address bar, I don't have the option of "copy" in the drop down menu. I must select "select all", right click again and select "copy". I can then paste to a new tab or other destination. Is this the norm for Explorer / Edge or is there something else I'm confused with? Thanks.

:)

bamashooter, Sep 3, 2015

2. Copy/paste windows mobile 10 lumia 950

I was trying to copy a link from the address bar on one tab in Edge and paste it to a comment on Facebook on another tab. It seemed to copy the link just fine but the paste button is gray.

JeremyDamsgard, Sep 3, 2015
  3. copy/paste

For me, this issue is directly related to Edge and copying/pasting from the address bar. It started happening a few days ago seemingly after the latest round of Win 10 updates that were released. If I open the same site in I.E., I can copy/paste from the
    address bar just fine. I can also copy and paste from the contents of a Web page within Edge.

If I reboot my machine, the functionality starts working again. But then sometime later (perhaps after entering sleep mode or after some period of time), it stops working again.

Sean Ste. Wart, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question

It works in Edge exactly as it works in other browsers (possible exception: never used FF, don't know about that): you click on address bar, the URL is automatically selected and you can copy it. If you unselect the URL and right click, you cannot copy it.

Edge when URL is selected, Copy & Cut enabled:

Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question [​IMG]

Edge when URL is not selected, Copy & Cut disabled, not shown:

IE when URL is selected, Copy & Cut enabled:

IE when URL is not selected, Copy & Cut disabled:

Chrome when URL is selected, Copy & Cut enabled:

Chrome when URL is not selected, Copy & Cut disabled:

Kari, Sep 3, 2015
  5. If I right click the address bar (Edge), I get Paste, Undo, Select All. With the url still selected and I again right click, I get all the options. The initial right click gives only Paste, Undo, Select All. Chrome gives all the options with initial right click. I just tried Explorer and it's normal. No other browsers to try.

bamashooter, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    That's true. You need to left click the address bar in Edge, then right click.

Kari, Sep 3, 2015
  7. That's goofy but I do appreciate your help and confirming it's a feature and not an error of sorts. Wonder why they chose that route, unlike the single click method found in other browsers to include Explorer? Thank you.

bamashooter, Sep 3, 2015
  8. Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question

Now all I get on an initial right click in the address bar is "Undo/Select All". Chrome and Explorer are still normal.

bamashooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question

1. Copy / Paste from Edge Address Bar Question - Similar Threads - Copy Paste Edge

2. When i go to the address bar to copy and then paste, I get a shortened version of the address

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When i go to the address bar to copy and then paste, I get a shortened version of the address: and I believe I have to have the entire address, correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-go-to-the-address-bar-to-copy-and-then/38a75f8c-9ab7-4e62-898d-ce1ae70e3066
  3. When i go to the address bar to copy and then paste, I get a shortened version of the address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i go to the address bar to copy and then paste, I get a shortened version of the address: and I believe I have to have the entire address, correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-go-to-the-address-bar-to-copy-and-then/38a75f8c-9ab7-4e62-898d-ce1ae70e3066
  4. When i go to the address bar to copy and then paste, I get a shortened version of the address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copy And Paste Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy And Paste Question ?: Hi, On my Mac, it's very easy to do a COPY of any image, or part of any image, or most anything showing, by simply holding down Control-ALT-4 and dragging around what you want to copy.. Can't find anything equivalent on my W10 pc. Is there ? And, is there some program I...
  6. Problem with Edge address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  7. Copy paste question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy paste question: So I have what might be an easy question, but I can’t find an answer by googling: how can I get the “merge formatting” paste option in Word on a Mac? submitted by /u/Liz600 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt3tuv/copy_paste_question/
  8. Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar: Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin But... I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution,...
  9. Copy/Paste stops working and weird glitch on Windows Explorer address bar appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy/Paste stops working and weird glitch on Windows Explorer address bar appears: Hello, since a couple weeks ago there's been a really annoying bug which happens randomly while I'm using my computer: My copy/paste function stops working completely but only on windows and browsers, if I open any text editor or image I can copy and paste within them as...
  10. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge crashes when i copy from the address bar

2. Copy and paste text from the address bar

3. cant paste into edge address bar

4. cant copy from Edge address bar?