Windows 10: Copy/paste text using two monitors

Discus and support Copy/paste text using two monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi folks! If this is not in the right forum, please change. Txs. If I add a monitor to my laptop though an HDMI port, is it possible to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cottonball, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Copy/paste text using two monitors

Hi folks! If this is not in the right forum, please change. Txs.

If I add a monitor to my laptop though an HDMI port, is it possible to have separate documents on each monitor, and copy/paste from one to another?

If so, how is this done?

Thanks for your help.

CB

:)

cottonball, Sep 12, 2017

2. copy & paste in E63

Hi,

press and hold the Shift key and use the D-Pad to mark your text. Press and hold the Shift key and use the two Selection keys to copy and paste.

Be aware that copy and paste does not work in every application (e.g. it does not work in Contacts to copy/paste numbers).

FreeBird

freebird123, Sep 12, 2017
  3. w0282172 Win User
    copying and text and using symbols for blackjack 2...

To copy and past text you open the conversation you want to copy, then hit menu and select copy/paste, the click select text, the get the bar to where you want to the text you want to copy, then click select, then use the wheel to select what you want
    to copy (it'll highlight what your selecting), then once you're finished selecting what you want click copy. Then you open a new text, click menu, click copy/paste, scroll down to paste and click it and it'll paste your text.

w0282172, Sep 12, 2017
  4. z3r010 Win User

Copy/paste text using two monitors

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, just plug it in.

z3r010, Sep 12, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 12, 2017
  6. Thanks for the replies, z3r010 and Brink!

Any tutorials on keyboard shortcuts needed for moving info from one document to another using separate monitors?

cottonball, Sep 12, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You'll be able to do it the same way as if you had two windows opened on the single laptop screen. Crossing over to each display will be seamless.

If you have any questions after playing with it for a bit, please just let us know. *Smile

Brink, Sep 12, 2017
  8. Copy/paste text using two monitors

Thanks, Brink!

Your help is much appreciated.

Much to my regret, had to step away from the forums. (Medical issues, and just can't quite remember things as I used to.) Don't want to damage someone's machine.

CB

cottonball, Sep 13, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    We're always happy to help mate. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Copy/paste text using two monitors

1. Copy/paste text using two monitors - Similar Threads - Copy paste text

2. Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?: I am unsure why this happens but sometimes when I go about copy and pasting text instead of the link or word I'm trying to paste it gives me this length of jumbled text and numbers and I'm not too sure what I can do about it For example: I copy a youtube video link, but when...
  3. Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and Paste result gets jumbled text?: I am unsure why this happens but sometimes when I go about copy and pasting text instead of the link or word I'm trying to paste it gives me this length of jumbled text and numbers and I'm not too sure what I can do about it For example: I copy a youtube video link, but when...
  4. Using Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using Two Monitors: [img] I want to add a second monitor and I'm wondering, do they have to be the same size? I have one monitor that is roughly 13" by 22", and the other is 13" by 17". Thanks for the help Carl 177807
  5. Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text: This is very annoying! I could fairly say that 1/3 of the time Copy & Paste are not working correctly. It pastes a previous copied text. I did a reboot and i tried several copy/paste methods and it's still doing it. It's been like this for the past 4 days. Let's say...
  6. Copy Paste Arabic Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Paste Arabic Text: HI Team, after the recent update of windows 10 , if i am trying to copy pate arabic text it gets shifted to be ?????????? any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste-arabic-text/487f45c7-5f07-43fb-8a55-24e4bf91aa0e
  7. Restrict Copy/paste To text only

Restrict Copy/paste To text only: Hey, Is there any way in microsoft windows 10 by which we can restrict copy/paste to text only. I have a requirement to block everything from copy/paste except text. I want to implement this on one of machines placed in cloud and want to allow copy/paste only text...
  8. I am using two monitors with windows 10. I cannot copy and paste from one monitor to the other

I am using two monitors with windows 10. I cannot copy and paste from one monitor to the other: I am using two monitors with windows 10. I cannot copy and paste from one monitor to the other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-using-two-monitors-with-windows-10-i-cannot/8d2ac0b8-8123-4590-a117-2e6dd1c213a0
  9. Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text: The problem starts with trouble clicking on the beginning of a text to highlight. Instead of starting where I point my cursor, it tries to highlight an entire word or phrase or sentence. After many attempts, if I do manage to highlight the word or text I want, it often won't...
  10. Copy/Paste text between virtual desktops

Copy/Paste text between virtual desktops: Hi, I am unable to Copy (Ctrl+C) a text from any application (e.g. Chrome website) and Paste (Ctrl+V) it in another application (e.g. OneNote) IF IT IS IN ANOTHER VIRTUAL DESKTOP (VD). If I move the destination application in the source application VD then it is working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to copy and paste using 2 monitors

2. copy and paste between 2 monitors

3. copying and pasting from screen to screen on two monitors

4. paste from dual monit,
  5. how to copy and paste from one monitor to another,
  6. copy and past two monitors,
  7. cant copy and paste between extended monitors windows 10,
  8. why cant copy and paste using dual monitors,
  9. windows 10 cant copy hyperlink between monitors,
  10. 2 screens copy and paste,
  11. ho wto copy between two monitors,