Windows 10: Copying a driver disk

Discus and support Copying a driver disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a disk with the driver for my Asus sound card on that I use because Asus only support the driver with a RAR file and to be honest I have no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ICIT2LOL, May 23, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Copying a driver disk

I have a disk with the driver for my Asus sound card on that I use because Asus only support the driver with a RAR file and to be honest I have no idea on how to get the driver from this apart form handing out money for a RAR ? reading program and I very rarely use stuff like that.

Now I did a clean install tonight and went to use the official Asus disk only to find I had scratched t badly resulting in no install first time.

I patched up the scratch with some foil and sticky tape and it actually worked but for the future I want to copy this disk to a blank in case this Asus one gets anymore damage to it and to save me the annoying need to load paid for software to get the driver.

I tired creating a file form a disk with ImgBurn only to find it got so far then failed so any ideas or programs I could use would be really appreciated in making a disk with no damage to it.

:)

ICIT2LOL, May 23, 2017
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Copying a file from external disk locks windows explorer

Hi Kim,

Corrupted system files may be the possible cause why when you tried to copy a file the progress window stops responding. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruption and restore corrupted files. We also recommend that you perform the instructions in this

article
    to restore Windows corruptions errors.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 23, 2017
  3. Copying a file from external disk locks windows explorer

I have a HD "My Passport" 1TB USB external drive. When I try to copy a file onto my Acer Aspire E1 the progress window stops and Window Explorer won't respond to any other mouse/board action. It eventually clears itself but does the same if I repeat the
    copy. The HD light remains on. The external disk works fine with other laptops. Any ideas?

KimOntheweb, May 23, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Copying a driver disk

There isn't a lot of point to creating a disk as you can download drivers and they change all the time. If you want to make a disk download free winrar then extract all the files to folders and create CD from those folders

Samuria, May 23, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    As Samuria says, its always best to go online to download the latest drivers, the ones on CDs etc could be fairly old.

swarfega, May 23, 2017
  6. Golden Win User
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Just FYI, the free and excellent 7Zip also handles .RAR archives (as well as most other common compressed archive file types). These days, I use Ninite (also free) to grab the latest versions of lots of programs when I set up a new machine, including 7Zip. You may want to try that out instead, on your next clean install.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 23, 2017
  8. ICIT2LOL Win User

Copying a driver disk

Ok I'll try any free RAR stuff but that is the only driver file the Asus site will pull up and you get that Windows can't blah blah look on line for a program it is so annoying.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Copying a driver disk

1. Copying a driver disk - Similar Threads - Copying driver disk

2. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  3. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  4. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Copying files from a dirty disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files from a dirty disk: Windows wants to run a fix for one of my disks however I'm planning on moving all these files within that "dirty" disk to a new disk, should i copy the files to the new disk before or after i run the disk fix? 167760
  6. Disk and Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk and Driver: I have an old Iomega mdhd250-u hard drive but when I plug it into my desktop it shows that the device is not recognized but when I plug it into my laptop which is also windows it works just fine. please help I think this might be a driver issue but I cant find the driver...
  7. Copy programs to another disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy programs to another disk: I have problems on my C disk and I have installed on the disk E windows 10 clean. I would like not to transfer (like EaseUS Todo PCTrans which transfers) but to copy programs (also with settings) from one disk C to disk E. There i an utility orr program what does this do?...
  8. Copy programs to another disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy programs to another disk: I have problems on my C disk and I have installed on the disk E windows 10 clean. I would like not to transfer (like EaseUS Todo PCTrans which transfers) but to copy programs (also with settings) from one disk C to disk E. There i an utility orr program what does this do?...
  9. Copying hard disk driver from Windows 10 to Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying hard disk driver from Windows 10 to Windows 7?: My laptop will boot both Windows 10 and Windows 7 from a Crucial SSD. Can I use the Windows 10 hard disk drivers with Windows 7? If so how would I set about installing them? I have a USB stick with Windows 10 build 10049. At the moment Windows 7 is using the hard...
  10. copy from windows 7 disks

in Windows 10 Support
    copy from windows 7 disks: Happy New Year to one and all. Let's talk about this garbage O/S. Attempted to install my photos from a disk created on Windows 7. At 43% completed it freezes and will not install any further, and where have all my sites stored in Favorites gone? 101374