Windows 10: copying user profile using copy to function

Discus and support copying user profile using copy to function in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I understand that in versions of Windows 7 and earlier there was a function with system advanced to copy a user profile from one to another... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by reddwarf4ever, Nov 14, 2015.

1. copying user profile using copy to function

Hi
    I understand that in versions of Windows 7 and earlier there was a function with system advanced to copy a user profile from one to another profile.....using ' copy to '

I tried this in Windows 10, but the copy to option was greyed out, so used an app called Windows enabler which allowed the copy to option to work.....but when I clicked on yes to copy to the selected profile I received an error message about Windows not being able to delete a folder and perhaps I should delete it first.

apparently this error doesn't happen in Windows 7 and earlier...

wondered if anyone knew of a workaround for Windows 10

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Martin671 Win User

Unable to access administrator account files from another user account

Many thanks for the response Amit.

I followed the instructions, the "copy to" button is not available for selection on the account that I wish to use.

I have "default" user profile which has 1.3GB in use, "family" profile which has 15GB in use (this is the profile I wish to use) then I have my wife's profile.

The "copy to" function is available for selection on the "default" profile but not for the other two.

Many thanks,

Martin.

Martin671, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Copying user profiles in Windows 10?

I have searched several posts on the forum regarding my question but have not found a good answer. I just upgraded my PC from Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit operating system. I did save a lot of data in windows.old and have been able to recover that. I
    knew I needed to re-install programs and proceeded to do so over several hours. I then set up a profile for my wife and would like to copy my profile over for her to forgo having to reload all the data/programs again in her profile. Is there a way to copy
    one profile to another in Windows 10? I went to advanced system settings and saw the different profiles there but the only one the copy to box works on is the default? Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

slapshotses, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

copying user profile using copy to function

1. copying user profile using copy to function - Similar Threads - copying user profile

2. Copy Admin Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Admin Profile: Hi. i'm making an image and i need to copy the admin profile with all the settings And more importantly all the desktop icons to the default user so every new user that logs in he will have all the settings and applications , how i do that ?...
  3. Copy Admin Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Admin Profile: Hi. i'm making an image and i need to copy the admin profile with all the settings And more importantly all the desktop icons to the default user so every new user that logs in he will have all the settings and applications , how i do that ?...
  4. Copy Admin Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  6. copy function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copy function: the copy function is not working to copy a file to a flash or external drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-function/79ca9cbf-c010-4079-93ea-d38431a0e58b
  7. Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile: My oldest son would like to give my youngest son his Windows 10 laptop, but he doesn't want the younger son to use his user profile. Because the current user profile has all the software, links, etc. that the younger one needs, I would like to make a duplicate user profile...
  8. Copy user profile and settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy user profile and settings: Ok everyone here is my problem. The original 1809 update caused my Xbox live to stop working on this profile only. I can get it working again if I create a new user profile but all my files and settings, etc. are under my old profile (windows/users/Mike). I would like to...
  9. copy function

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy function: I cant activate the the copy function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-function/7ff975af-8d68-4f89-86f9-5d785d308c86"
  10. How to fix corrupt user profile by copying the new profile to it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to fix corrupt user profile by copying the new profile to it?: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (Pro), installed all the updates, but my Start Menu is broken - when you start typing in the search box, it shows no results, if I type "Settings", nothing comes up, if I type "Word", nothing gets there. Curiously, if I type the full...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user profiles copy to function