Windows 10: CopyProfile XML for Start layout

Discus and support CopyProfile XML for Start layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone managed to get customize the start menu and then copying that customization in the default user by using the CopyProfile method? Link: Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Deniise91, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Deniise91 Win User

CopyProfile XML for Start layout

Has anyone managed to get customize the start menu and then copying that customization in the default user by using the CopyProfile method? Link: Start layout for Windows 10 desktop editions - Windows 10 hardware dev
    Moreover, has anyone successfully deployed this via SCCM task sequence and unattend settings in the task sequence? (using the same CopyProfile XML)

:)

Deniise91, Sep 2, 2015
  2. free780_1 Win User

Export-Startlayout possible bug 1607

Just in case anyone gets this issue.

Set up Reference VM, image with normal image, disable pushing out a layout via GPO.

Logon as a local admin, a local profile.

Design your layout.

Run Export-StartLayout.

Put the xml file somewhere where users have read access. \\server\layouts\layout.xml

GPP the xml file to the c drive to a folder where the users have read access. c:\it\layout.xml

GPP any shortcuts into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs on the client PCs. . Make sure all paths match up to when you created the layout. You can edit the xml, but you cant use unc paths.

Add the xml file to the gpo for the start layout. c:\it\layout.xml

I've only done this on the computer not user setting.

I left the existing start menu redirect on.

Hopefully this will fixed in 1703.

free780_1, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Internet Explorer hangs running ActiveX scripting after sysprep

This solution worked for me:

• Don't use COPYPROFILE in unattend-XML answerfile

Using COPYPROFILE causes the IE problem
    • Delete all user accounts except Administrator before sysprep

Otherwise sysprep may fail with errors saying "... application xy installed but not provisioned for all users ..." if any appx-update comes in while you are working on the image
    After Startup and entering sysprep Audit-Mode,
    immediately go to local user management and check, if account Administrator
    is deactivated - if so, activate it.

Richard

RichardP63, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

CopyProfile XML for Start layout

1. CopyProfile XML for Start layout - Similar Threads - CopyProfile XML Start

2. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  3. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  4. Start Tile Layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Tile Layout: This is about start menu customization that is on a "Golden Image" and pushed out to Horizon virtual desktops. Hopefully this is the best forum for it! When building my images I have always used powershell Export-StartLayout and Import-StartLayout in order to provide a custom...
  5. Specify The Order Of Taskbar Icons In A Managed Taskbar Layout XML File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Specify The Order Of Taskbar Icons In A Managed Taskbar Layout XML File: Hi, I have a start and taskbar modification .xml file that is used with group policy for users and everything is working fine. The only issue is that regardless of the order I specified, Microsoft Edge and File Explorer always end up on the left. Every other icon respects...
  6. Start Layout -

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Layout -: I was wondering if there was a way to have a default start layout but also allow the users to make changes? 148546
  7. Problems with CopyProfile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with CopyProfile: Hi, I'm trying to capture and deploy a custom Windows 10 64-bit Education 1903 (build 18362.449) image for a client and, amongst others, have followed some of the brilliant guides on this forum. I've succeeded in building the reference computer and an autounattend.xml file...
  8. Start Menu layout modification using LayoutModification xml-file changes to default after...

Start Menu layout modification using LayoutModification xml-file changes to default after...: We have a default LayoutModification xml-file applied on all our computers. Since 1809, one can change the startlayout, but all changes are overwritten after a reboot is performed. It worked fine before on 1803. Is there a solution for this? ***Original title: Default...
  9. xml

xml: what is xml and how can I modify it. My windows media player was working alright then it stopped. When I did troubleshooting, I was told a software has changed the XML to SXL. Any help?...
  10. CopyProfile on existing computer

CopyProfile on existing computer: I have a coworker setting up now computers and the boss wants her to leave the OEM OS on them. The only thing is, there are customizations that need to be a part of the default profile. I do the imaging here and use CopyProfile then capture the image. How can she do this on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Export-StartLayout Path $ENV: