Windows 10: Core Isolation Security Update to Windows Defender Problems and Hardware breakdowns

Discus and support Core Isolation Security Update to Windows Defender Problems and Hardware breakdowns in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How many of you have had computer issues because of the "Core Isolation" addition to the Windows Defender Program to the extent you have had loss of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by phlynsolo, Jul 18, 2018.

1. phlynsolo Win User

Core Isolation Security Update to Windows Defender Problems and Hardware breakdowns

How many of you have had computer issues because of the "Core Isolation" addition to the Windows Defender Program to the extent you have had loss of all USB drives and Bluetooth? I am not sure if my 4TB external drive that was connected to my computer at the time this occurred is still intact because the issues happened all simultaneously and I have been on 2 supposedly Tech Support calls ramping up where they do not listen to the fact that the issue began with the addition of the software addition and they are trying to fix the result of what occurred because of their Core Isolation by even using third part USB Boosters in an attempt to revive my computer hardware.

BUT THE ISSUE BEGAN WHEN I CLICKED, ARBITRARILY WITHOUT CLEARLY READING WHAT I WAS ADDING AS PART OF MY MICROSOFT SECURITY NOW I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO ACCESS A DRIVE THAT HAS DATA CONTAINING MY FINANCIAL TRUSTS, FINANCIAL ASSETS, TAX RETURNS, A CG3D SHORT FILM THAT HAS WON AWARDS AROUND THE WORLD FROM CHINA TO AMSTERDAM; VALENCIA, SPAIN; MANCHESTER, ENGLAND; MANHATTAN, HOUSTON, CHICAGO, ALBUQUERQUE, LOS ANGELES, BEVERLY HILLS AND HOLLYWOOD. MICROSOFT WANTS ME TO TEST THE DRIVE TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT MY PROBLEM WITH THE DRIVE AND NOT THERE YET MY PLUG AND PLAY MOUSE DOESN'T WORK AND, IN FACT, IF YOU TRY TO INSTALL A BLUETOOTH DEVICE MY COMPUTER WILL TELL YOU BLUETOOTH DOESN'T EXIST ON MY COMPUTER. THE ONE I BUILT WITH 32 GB RAM, TWO 4 TB SOLID STATE INTERNAL DRIVES AND ONE 2 TB SOLID STATE INTERNAL DRIVE FROM ASUS WITH A 17 INCH SCREEN THAT HAS BLUETOOTH AND MANY OTHER ATTRIBUTES SINCE I RECEIVED IT.

Has anyone else suffered any troubles by including this security update to their system and if so, what was it?

Thanks

PS. My Core Isolation says that the specs are run by the Administrator yet I am the Administrator and I can't find out where the Core Isolation definition of what specs to define one's CI is located nor can I run the Help Advisories that link to the ONLY location that shows up for the Core Isolation location one can find when chasing this to an offline source for suggestions that it gives for troubleshooting etc. I do not know if my computer has any malware attacks because my notices for attempts to makes changes to my systems have increased since the CI has been installed. I don't know if it was installed correctly (doubtful) nor was it corrupt.

:)

phlynsolo, Jul 18, 2018
  2. windoc Win User

Cannot Turn On Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Settings

From Tutorial -> Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Not able to perform steps in Option 1
    Under "Windows Defender Security Center", "Device Security" is not an option.
    Winver reports Version 1709 (OS build 16299 402)
    The processor is Intel I3
    Virtualization is enabled in system BIOS.

Please advise.

windoc, Jul 18, 2018
  3. shmu26 Win User
    Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10  

People should be aware that some of the antivirus products are negatively affected by core isolation.
    For instance, I just now tried installing Kaspersky Internet Security 19 (Release Candidate version).
    Even though Kaspersky already put out a patch providing "full support" for April Update, after the installation finished a page displayed a long list of protections that Kaspersky can't do, because of my device security settings.
    I heard that other AV products also have problems, but I don't know details.
    So, if you plan on staying with Windows Defender, Core Isolation is great...

shmu26, Jul 18, 2018
  4. windoc Win User

Core Isolation Security Update to Windows Defender Problems and Hardware breakdowns

Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10  

I have Kaspersky Internet Security, Version 18, and I don't seem to be having any issues. It's only a matter of time before all these issues are resolved, and probably sooner, than later, because Microsoft is strict about vendor compliance. I

windoc, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Core Isolation Security Update to Windows Defender Problems and Hardware breakdowns - Similar Threads - Core Isolation Security

2. Core isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core isolation: LGJoyXICore.sysVBoxDrv.sysVirtualBoxincompatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core/81689e6b-f825-4f86-8a85-e7be1c30d501
  3. Core Isolation is off in Microsoft Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Core Isolation is off in Microsoft Security: Windows Security says core isolation is off. Fix íncompatible drivers. Then I deleted those drivers. After that I turned on memory integration. Then it says you have to restart pc. I restarted pc and I get blue screen that windows is crashed. After windows opened and memory...
  4. Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation: When I try to engage core isolation, it says this driver is incompatible. I was able to remove it in autoruns.exe, however, it said I needed to restart. The computer would not restart, it just hung. When I closed the computer, and started it again, I was able to use it, but...
  5. windows security core isolation memory integrity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows security core isolation memory integrity: Unable to TURN ON memory integrity due to incompatible INTEL HD Graphic 4000 drivers.The latest drivers from intel igdkmd64.sys 10.18.10.5161 8/6/2020 installed recently still is incompatible. The latest driver from motherboard manufacturer 10.18.10.4252 same issue...
  6. Windows Security / Device security / Core isolation - Incompatible

Windows Security / Device security / Core isolation - Incompatible: Sooo, I can't seem to turn on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.1052 - Windows Security / Device security / Core isolation because my Intel graphics drivers on my Surface Pro 3 are not compatible. Windows Update is all up to date and there are no optional updates. Anyone using newer...
  7. Device Security - Core Isolation

Device Security - Core Isolation: Hi there, I'm trying to enable core isolation under the Device Security within Windows Defender but have come across an issue. I have an incompatible driver preventing the core isolation from enabling. The driver is named ftdibus.sys which is located in...
  8. core isolation

core isolation: I cannot turn this on due to incompatible drivers. Is my machine safer with it on or off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core-isolation/8e8148d2-9a05-4154-a822-3e449fb4f916
  9. Core Isolation

Core Isolation: In windows security under Core Isolation: Device security shows memory integrity can't be started. There may be an incompatibility on your device. I am also receiving message that controlled folder access blocked CNQMSWCS.l and C;/WINDOWS...' all in notifications. Any...
  10. Core Isolation

Core Isolation: When I turn on this function and reboot as instructed, when power up, this function is off again ? Need Help Please !!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/core-isolation/e938a7ef-3a5f-4ca9-b5e1-1bed862f7216"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with Core Isolation

2. what is the issue with standard hardware security in defender

3. Defender Security Window Hardware

4. windows defender core isolation problem,
  5. Intel sgx and windows 10 device security (defender) memory isolation