Windows 10: Corel Paint Shop Pro X - retail version - work with Win 10 Pro ?

Discus and support Corel Paint Shop Pro X - retail version - work with Win 10 Pro ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I own several graphics editing software packages but my favorite is this older program. I am currently using it with Windows 7Pro. Can anyone tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maryeleek, Feb 21, 2018.

1. maryeleek Win User

Corel Paint Shop Pro X - retail version - work with Win 10 Pro ?

I own several graphics editing software packages but my favorite is this older program. I am currently using it with Windows 7Pro.

Can anyone tell me if it will work with windows 10 Pro?

My thanks, Mary

:)

maryeleek, Feb 21, 2018

2. WIA Drivers

I cannot scan from a Canon MG5751 all in one printer direct into Corel Paint Shop Pro 8

Error message WIA drivers not found in Win 10

davetempleman001, Feb 21, 2018
  3. JoanneMar Win User
    Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 Incompatible

Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 worked fine with Windows 7, and all other versions of the software right down to Psp 9 work in Windows 10, except this one. Anyone have a fix or suggestion?

Thanks,

Joanne

JoanneMar, Feb 21, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 21, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    If you're concerned about compatibility and need to upgrade to Windows 10, you could consider running the older program in a virtual desktop with Windows 7 as a guest OS.

swarfega, Feb 21, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    I like Paint Shop Pro too and use it most days. Mine is even older, it's PSP7 and dates back to before Corel bought it from Jasc. Works just fine in Windows 10. Only problem is the Help which was in the now unsupported .hlp format. Only .chm help files are supported in Windows 10.

7. maryeleek Win User
    Thank you for this information. May I ask, did you have to do anything special during or following installation in order for it to run properly in windows 10?

maryeleek, Feb 21, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

It was already installed under Windows 7 before I upgraded that to Windows 10.

As a test, I have just installed it on my test machine (System Two in my specs below). I didn't do 'anything special'. The InstallShield threw up a couple of 'unknown source ".' warnings, but clicking on OK let it continue to completion.

PSP7 is fully installed and runs (apparently) without issue. After the first run Windows 10's Compatibility Assistant popped up to say it had applied compatibility settings. It seems to have applied 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)' which is the same as the compatibility mode for PSP7 on my main machine.

Uninstalling PSP, then trying again by running Setup in compatibility mode installed without any of the earlier warnings.

HTH

9. maryeleek Win User
    Bree, 'thank you so very much' for this additional information and for taking the time to test the installation. One of the main reasons I've held off moving to windows 10 is because I've feared losing the use of favorite software. I am so happy to know I might be able to install and use PSP X.

I'll come back and post a reply, once I can confirm version PSP X will also work with Windows 10.

maryeleek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Corel Paint Shop Pro X - retail version - work with Win 10 Pro ? - Similar Threads - Corel Paint Shop

2. Paint Pro Shop convert text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint Pro Shop convert text: Hi, How can i convert a text in curves? After I create the text with the right button I click on convert text to curves and As character Shapes and then how should I export or save it? Thanks 182254
  3. paint shop pro ultimate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    paint shop pro ultimate: after the last update from microsoft, psp opens with a yellow screen. after haven several contact with corel, even had help from a distance, the final answer was.....its not the program , its due to the update from microsoft. please a solution...
  4. Paint shop pro 7 in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paint shop pro 7 in Win 10: Hi i am trying to use PSP7 in win 10, it used to work fine but after an update ? not working. also i cannot use compatability mode as this is not working, I am getting error code 0x80070057....
  5. Paint shop pro windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Paint shop pro windows 10 upgrade: Hello every time I do an updated to windows 10 I seem to loose my Paint shop pro 9, I have to insert the disk to reinstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/paint-shop-pro-windows-10-upgrade/7c8731cf-04af-4e1f-a20e-4acc39939a33
  6. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI not run properly

Corel Paint Shop Pro XI not run properly: I have been running Corel Paint Shop Pro XI on my Win 7 Pro 64 machine. I bought 2 laptops with Win 10. One has Pro and one is the home edition. I can not get the Corel program to install properly, and that means it will not run properly. It appears to get to the point of...
  7. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI

in Windows 10 Support
    Corel Paint Shop Pro XI: I have been running Corel Paint Shop Pro XI on my Win 7 Pro 64 machine. I bought 2 laptops with Win 10. One has Pro and one is the home edition. I can not get the Corel program to install properly, and that means it will not run properly. It appears to get to the point of...
  8. Corel Paint Shop Pro X freezes on splash screen at "Starting up..."

Corel Paint Shop Pro X freezes on splash screen at "Starting up...": Anyone know how to get Corel Paint Shop Pro X to work on Windows 10? The installation completed without any errors, but when I try to start it, it keeps getting stuck on the splash screen at "Starting up...", and I even tried setting compatibility to Windows 7, but it still...
  9. Paint Shop Pro 7.04 - Does it work in Windows 10?

Paint Shop Pro 7.04 - Does it work in Windows 10?: I have a Windows 7 laptop and I was working with Paint Shop Pro 7.04 but the try and buy period has expired; I tried to buy the software but it is impossible because the product has been discontinued. I can buy a new laptop which would be a Windows 10 but PREVIOUSLY I want...
  10. Retail version of 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail version of 10 pro: I've noticed that retail versions of 10 are available, do the purchasers have the same rights to chop and change as was possible with older Windows? 41814

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corel paint shop pro 3 just displays the splash screen win 10