Windows 10: Corel/sMedio WinDVD 11 Pro installation

Discus and support Corel/sMedio WinDVD 11 Pro installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mod's - feel free to move this Finally figured out how to get this version of WinDVD to install and run. Keep in mind that many newer laptops DO NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jc836, Nov 16, 2016.

1. jc836 Win User

Corel/sMedio WinDVD 11 Pro installation

Mod's - feel free to move this

Finally figured out how to get this version of WinDVD to install and run. Keep in mind that many newer laptops DO NOT have a DVD drive but still have the ability to play video anyhow. The software as sold is UN-patched for use with Windows 10. There are 2 Patch files that must be used to get the program to run. The install squence is critical to making this happen with or without a DVD drive present during install. The example in my case is a HP X2 convertible with W-10 Home.

Having downloaded or otherwise obtained the Main program file and SP-5 and SP-7 (from Corel Support for the latter) one can begin the process of installing. DO NOT open the program during this process. Run each installer until SP-7 is completed. There is really no need to run as an Administrator either. Now that the 3 files are installed you can run the program and go thru the Settings that are offered.

What is hard to understand is why Corel and its partner did not correct the problem in the first place. One cannot use SP-5 and SP-7 without the Main file being installed first.

Hope this resolves the issue for the many who are lost as I was (very short time btw).

:)

jc836, Nov 16, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User

Intervideo Win DVD not playing movies after upgrading to Windows 10

Have you checked on the Corel website (which now owns WinDVD) to see if there's a patch?

I have WinDVD 11 pro & I had to download the latest patch/update to get it to work with the anniversary update.

WinDVD updates

Time Lady, Nov 16, 2016
  3. pjhutch Win User
    How do I play a Blu-Ray movie on Windows 10?

VLC Player will play DVDs with a installation of a additional library (libdvdcss) - libdvdcss - VideoLAN

Ideally, the best Blu-Ray players is Corel's WinDVD Pro or Cyberlink's PowerDVD 15 Ultra.

I have WinDVD Pro which works just great in Windows 10.

pjhutch, Nov 16, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Does it play blu ray discs OK or do you receive an error message?

Bastet, Nov 16, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    Please do as I'm having problems with that program - DVD playback fine but blu ray playback does nothing apart from play audio for a nano second then an error appears saying 'WinDVD will disable Windows aero environment'. Currently in contact with Corel support. WinDVD 12 pro (new version just released) was the same so would like to hear if other users are experiencing the same or not.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Corel/sMedio WinDVD 11 Pro installation - Similar Threads - Corel sMedio WinDVD

2. Corel 13

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corel 13: Is corel draw 13 version compatible with window 10 pro and which corel version is okay with window 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corel-13/21d5e49d-36e7-4399-9faa-a529033f46d2
  3. Corel PaintShop Pro X6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel PaintShop Pro X6: Corel PaintShop Pro X6 came free with my computer so I don't have a installation disk or a link from a email. You just entered the codes and it installed as far as I can remember. Up until yesterday it worked find and was perfect for my needs. This morning a screen popped...
  4. corel videostudio pro x6 not responding on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    corel videostudio pro x6 not responding on windows 10: After opening corel videostudio pro x6 about 5 mints after the program "not responding" on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corel-videostudio-pro-x6-not-responding-on-windows/d27a2d80-e25e-4fbc-bfba-fd5c6a12dab7
  5. trying to install Corel x8

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to install Corel x8: It says I need to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) in order to load my program. How do I go about doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-corel-x8/b4771f04-f1e7-42ee-849e-84fe9f45f911"
  6. Installing Corel WinDVD Pro installs but doesn't install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Corel WinDVD Pro installs but doesn't install.: So need some help as Corel can't seem to figure it out. Perhaps one of you more knowledgeable folks might have an idea of what's going on here. Little while back I wanted to play a blu-ray on my computer. So I popped in the disk and up popped the player but it needed an...
  7. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI not run properly

Corel Paint Shop Pro XI not run properly: I have been running Corel Paint Shop Pro XI on my Win 7 Pro 64 machine. I bought 2 laptops with Win 10. One has Pro and one is the home edition. I can not get the Corel program to install properly, and that means it will not run properly. It appears to get to the point of...
  8. Corel Paint Shop Pro XI

in Windows 10 Support
    Corel Paint Shop Pro XI: I have been running Corel Paint Shop Pro XI on my Win 7 Pro 64 machine. I bought 2 laptops with Win 10. One has Pro and one is the home edition. I can not get the Corel program to install properly, and that means it will not run properly. It appears to get to the point of...
  9. Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences

Corel PaintShop Pro mouse scrolling preferences: Hi, I have a question about Corel PaintShop Pro. Seems to happen in any version of it. In Windows 7, that I've been using prior to 10, in PaintShop, when you would click on any drop menu or resize bar, you could use mouse scroll wheel to change among the layers styles, change...
  10. Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software

Problem opening Corel Paintshop Pro software: I have a photo editing software that I use, Corel Paintshop Pro X5 that was not loading, it would stay stuck on the "Starting Up" screen. After contacting their support, they indicated that it was no longer supported by Windows 10 and that I should upgrade to X9. (Even though...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install windvd11pro in windows 10

2. windvd pro 11 wont play windows 10 1809