Windows 10: Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

Discus and support Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I accidentally deleted my Pictures folder. Being the smart cookie that I am, I had it backed up. I copy and pasted my Pictures Folder to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PeteyBoPetey, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

Hi Guys,

I accidentally deleted my Pictures folder. Being the smart cookie that I am, I had it backed up. I copy and pasted my Pictures Folder to C:\Users\\Pictures. Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\\Pictures.

How do I make it say This PC/Pictures instead of C:\Users\\Pictures?

Please be kind I'm 52 and new to computers. Psychologist said I need a hobby to relieve stress. Im about to throw the darned thing out the window. lol *Biggrin

:)

PeteyBoPetey, Nov 24, 2017

2. Need Windows registry fix for mypictures and myvideos

MyPictures and MyVideos are both listed as Pictures under This PC on the left side of Windows Explorer and they both share the same folder location even after I try to change them. The problem occurred when I changed the default location due to hard drive
    space issues in Windows 8. When I restored the default locations they both pointed to the pictures directory and are listed as Pictures but I cannot fix it. The issue continues now that I have upgraded to windows 10.

I have tried:

* select each folder and change each location back to DEFAULT for MyPictures and MyVideos

* select one of the MyPictures directories and change the location to C:\Users\Gregg\MyVideos

* Corrected registry for HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\shell folders so that MyPictures and MyVideos each point to the correct folders.

Even after changing the registry and rebooting, the problem continues where both MyPictures and MyVideos point to C:\users\gregg\pictures and they are both shown in the left hand side directory as Pictures.

Any suggestions?

CalNativeKid2, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Confused by desktop personalization

The folder I am pointing to is on the local hard-drive - it is a subfolder under the standard Pictures directory - all on the C drive. I've made no changes to the standard Windows directory locations.

SeanKidderUSA, Nov 24, 2017
  4. Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

Hi Petey and welcome to Ten Forums,

We all have been through those times where we'd want to get a gun and shoot the living heck out of these machines.

Anyways, I don't see how your computer would say the location of a file is something like "This PC/Pictures" unless you assumed so when you clicked on "This PC" then "Document" or "Videos" etc... Because when you actually right click a folder you think it's location is "This PC" and then click properties you can clearly see that it's location is for example "C:\Users\User\Pictures"( Screenshot attached).

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder [​IMG]

So yeah, if I'm wrong, please do show me a screenshot of the properties of Pictures folder and the other folders that are in "C:\Users\User" directory.

Best wishes.
    Alex.

Midou35000, Nov 24, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, have a look at Option 3, 8
    Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Also remember to do this:

It is really only a convenience that Windows is configured to list the current user's folders e.g. C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures etc additionally under 'My PC' in the navigation (left) pane of file explorer.

It's also a fact that people become limited in thinking they MUST use that set of folders and only those.

dalchina, Nov 24, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

1. Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder - Similar Threads - Correct Directory Location

2. Confusion Over Pictures Folder Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusion Over Pictures Folder Locations: I had to do a clean install of Windows 11 due to some issues. Luckily, I had things like my Pictures & Documents folders moved to a seperate physical D drive. In file Explorer I am confused about the location of my Pictures, etc., but will use the Pictures folder as the...
  3. Confusion Over Pictures Folder Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusion Over Pictures Folder Locations: I had to do a clean install of Windows 11 due to some issues. Luckily, I had things like my Pictures & Documents folders moved to a seperate physical D drive. In file Explorer I am confused about the location of my Pictures, etc., but will use the Pictures folder as the...
  4. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  5. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  6. Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...: I've lost the contents of the "Pictures" folder, and a folder named "Desktop" but the contents are in the folder named "Pictures" in my wife's account trying to move them from the C to D drive.To free up space on the C drive, I began moving my wife's default folders to the D...
  7. Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...: I've lost the contents of the "Pictures" folder, and a folder named "Desktop" but the contents are in the folder named "Pictures" in my wife's account trying to move them from the C to D drive.To free up space on the C drive, I began moving my wife's default folders to the D...
  8. Moving Locations of User Pictures and Desktop folders caused contents of Pictures folder to...

9. Best Location for Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Location for Pictures Folder: For the life of me this issue stumps me. Most of my photo folders are at OneDrive/Photographs while a much lesser number are at C: Pictures. Where is the best area to place our photographs? 90789
  10. Move Location of Pictures Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Pictures Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Pictures Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Your Pictures Folder Location in Windows 10 By default, Windows stores your personal Pictures folder in your account's %UserProfile% folder (ex: "C:\Users\Brink"). You can change where files in this...