Windows 10: Correct microcode version for me to use?

Discus and support Correct microcode version for me to use? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To say I'm mixed up is putting it lightly...I just want to know if microcode update Windows10.0-KB4091663-x64 is the proper one for me to use with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DawsonvilleBill, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Correct microcode version for me to use?

To say I'm mixed up is putting it lightly...I just want to know if microcode update Windows10.0-KB4091663-x64 is the proper one for me to use with my PC (shown in image) Skylake S? Do I just double click and go? Also I am using Windows 10 Pro v1703

:)

DawsonvilleBill, Apr 2, 2018

2. BSOD from Office 2016 apps

Hi,

Can you check what microcode patch version was upgraded in your PC (in BIOS menu)? and what was the previous version of microcode patch when the problem is occurring? Need to know if the problem is happening only with an old patch version.

Thanks

Aquiles M G, Apr 2, 2018
  3. 7sean68 Win User
    Intel microcode update

my pc is out of Support in HP but my windows is still supported and my cpu is still supported so it's microsoft responsibility to deliver intel microcode updates as it delivered microcode updates to other chips.

Right now windows loads an old version of microcode into processor and It's microsoft responsibility to load the new microcode since they made themselves responsible for delivering drivers and every manufacturer says that windows 10 drivers will be delivered
    through windows updates

OR they can at least make a tool for us to update microcode but I'm sure they won't!!

7sean68, Apr 2, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Correct microcode version for me to use?

If you're running Windows 10 1703, then yes. See the KB article for more details.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 2, 2018
Thema:

Correct microcode version for me to use?

1. Correct microcode version for me to use? - Similar Threads - Correct microcode version

2. Microsoft releases microcode updates for Windows 10 version 1809 and newer

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases microcode updates for Windows 10 version 1809 and newer: Microsoft released microcode updates, designed to protect Windows 10 systems against Spectre-based attacks, for Windows 10 version 1809, Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909, Windows 10 version 2004, 20H2 and 21H1 this week. The microcode updates for all other Windows 10...
  3. Using Macrium Free - Correctly?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Macrium Free - Correctly?: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB memory, several SSDs for storage, hard drives for backups. Ive been using the free version of Macrium Reflect (7.3) for several weeks. Im trying to figure out if Im doing it right. Im doing an image of my system, so it backs up C (110 GB in use)...
  4. Correct version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Correct version: How do I get the updated document from onedrive when I use different computers? It appears as if the document that was updated stays on the computer that was used to make the changes. Please help...
  5. Cortana Doesn't Hear me Correctly

in Cortana
    Cortana Doesn't Hear me Correctly: Every time i talk to cortana she says sorry didn t catch that i have talk window support seems they cant fix this problem [Original Title: cortana]...
  6. Intel CPU Microcode Update for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel CPU Microcode Update for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903: Microsoft released a patch KB4497165 that addresses issues related to Intel CPUs: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4497165/kb4497165-intel-microcode-updates You may visit MS Update Catalog and select the appropriate patch for your system, if your Intel CPU is...
  7. Windows not using the correct localized versions of the system fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not using the correct localized versions of the system fonts: Hey guys, I'm from Bulgaria and use Bulgarian as a Windows 10 (Pro) display language. Bulgarian is installed as the first preferred language (with English (US) second), Bulgarian is also set as a language for non-Unicode programs, and as the regional format option. I...
  8. Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me: Hi all, I have turned off the autocorrect misspelled words in Settings. However, when I type (in Vietnamese) it still autocorrect my typing. Any idea how I should avoid this? Further information: 1. I'm using 'Unikey' program, which 99% of Vietnamese people are using...
  9. Microsoft releases new Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases new Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 version 1803: Earlier this year, Intel released microcode updates to their OEM partners for CPUs such as Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake and Skylake-based platforms. Microsoft has finally completed the testing of the microcode updates on Windows 10 and today the company has released the Intel...
  10. No Games will Work Correctly For me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Games will Work Correctly For me.: I use to be able to play COD AW and MW# but now everytime I try to play, I keep going into the prone position. I have since removed all of my games and will use Windows 7 for gaming. This may be a deal breaker for me as Games used to play great. Not with this build. 8643