Windows 10: Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.

Discus and support Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to customize my taskbar and start menu. I've set all start menu icons to white and so far its working good. But i am having trouble with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aakshat, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Aakshat Win User

Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.

I am trying to customize my taskbar and start menu.
    I've set all start menu icons to white and so far its working good. But i am having trouble with taskbar icons.
    As you can see in screenshot, the icons on the taskbar are not looking that good.
    I have made .ico's with paint.net, with all resolution sizes. 256,128,64,48,32,24 and 16px. the original png's are 512x512.
    i want to ask what is the correct resolution i have to save the icons to make them look good. Or is it the icons themselves that have problem. i am attaching photoshop and rainmeter png's so if you want please take a look.

Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons. MO7L96E.png

Icon sizes

Photoshop icon

Rainmeter icon

:)

Aakshat, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Query max resolution of graphics card?

Normally, if you have integrated graphics you will find either in the Control panel or in the taskbar an icon/link to the display adapters properties, you will see a tab for resolution and the drop down will list all supported resolutions for you chosen connection (Dsub, HDMI, DVI etc).

Tatty_One, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons. - Similar Threads - Correct resolution custom

2. Taskbar icons not showing correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons not showing correctly: A few days ago the icons on my taskbar dissapeared, not completely, just a few of them. After a while i realized that they were only gone when my browser was minimized or not opened. I have tried deleting files as recommended in other posts as well as restarting windows...
  3. Taskbar icons not showing correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons not showing correctly: A few days ago the icons on my taskbar dissapeared, not completely, just a few of them. After a while i realized that they were only gone when my browser was minimized or not opened. I have tried deleting files as recommended in other posts as well as restarting windows...
  4. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom Resolution: Ok so I have an Dell laptop having Intel UHD 620 and radeon 2gb 520m graphicsI wanna set a custom resolution on the internal display such tht it goes to native resolution and make things smaller like rn i am on 1366 x 768 and i wanna go to 1920 x 1080 such tht it displays...
  5. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Resolution: Ok so I have an Dell laptop having Intel UHD 620 and radeon 2gb 520m graphicsI wanna set a custom resolution on the internal display such tht it goes to native resolution and make things smaller like rn i am on 1366 x 768 and i wanna go to 1920 x 1080 such tht it displays...
  6. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar: I got some custom icons for the standard windows apps, as well as many of my own apps, when I switch the icons out, they show perfectly fine on the desktop but the standard windows apps, as well as iTunes all show the standard icon in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix...
  8. Customize Resolution

Customize Resolution: How do I customize my screen resolution - beyond the recommended showing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-resolution/3afa1e35-6695-48e0-8fac-78659cae5dba
  9. Customized trash icon not showing correctly

Customized trash icon not showing correctly: *Thumbs I have a small collection of R. Bins myself.*Redface [img] [img] [img] [img] You have a couple transparent, but you're missing the colored ones! [img]
  10. Custom resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom resolution: I just upgraded to Win10 and the resolution does not fit. I have a 1440x900 monitor and none of the resolution options fit. None of them say recommended or anything. Is there a way to set a custom resolution? 46087