Windows 10: correct video drivers for Windows 10 in VirtualBox?

Discus and support correct video drivers for Windows 10 in VirtualBox? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 running in VirtualBox (Windows 7 Pro is the host OS). I can't choose a resolution to match my display which is 1920 x 1080. Do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by HarryD, Dec 19, 2016.

1. HarryD Win User

correct video drivers for Windows 10 in VirtualBox?

I have Windows 10 running in VirtualBox (Windows 7 Pro is the host OS). I can't choose a resolution to match my display which is 1920 x 1080.
    Do I need to install the driver for the card that is in my host machine (GTX980)?

:)

HarryD, Dec 19, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

Did you upgrade (manually visited the manufacturer's web page, located the correct device driver for your video card for Windows 10 usage and installed it) your video card device drivers?

Shenan Stanley, Dec 19, 2016
  3. bdbob Win User
    Windows 10 Installation Error [Error Code: C1900101-40017]

My issue was the video driver... went to the Dell site and update my drivers which fixed the issue. Suggest you work on drivers. Just FYI the video driver from the video vendor didn't work and is what caused the boot failure... Dell identified the correct
    driver. I was impressed with the work Dell did to support the Windows 10 update.

bdbob, Dec 19, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

VirtualBox uses an emulated graphics card not your actual hardware so there is no need nor are you able to install the host machine driver.
    When displaying Virtualbox in a window, the screen resolution will be that of the window not the actual system.

However, if you set view to full screen, it should change to the native screen resolution of you system (1920x1080).

pbcopter, Dec 19, 2016
  5. HarryD Win User
    It should. My other OS installs within VirtualBox change to 1920x1080. Windows 10 doesn't. I'm thinking I may have an incorrect setting somewhere. I'll mess around with it and see if I'm missing something.

HarryD, Dec 19, 2016
  6. HarryD Win User
    I think I see what I did wrong. There is an extension pack that I have but didn't know how to use. I'm going to see if that fixes my resolution.

HarryD, Dec 23, 2016
  7. Golden Win User
    Whilst booted in the W10 Guest, from the VirtualBox menu, select Devices > Insert Guest Additions CD image. Once it installs, you will be able to select the appropriate resolution.

correct video drivers for Windows 10 in VirtualBox? [​IMG]

Golden, Dec 23, 2016
  8. HarryD Win User

That did it. Now my resolution is now 1920 x 1080.

HarryD, Dec 26, 2016
  9. Golden Win User
    *Thumbs

Golden, Jan 17, 2017
  10. 2366 Win User
    I installed the Guest tools and:
    1) I only have choices for 800x600, 1024x768
    2) Windows Defender actually caught a Trojan on the installation! Win32/Azden.A!cl

Any suggestions? Has anyone experienced the same behavior? I am using a Mac Pro (Late 2013) with 64 megs of RAM.

11. pbcopter Win User
    You must also install the extension pack,

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

pbcopter, Nov 18, 2017
  12. 2366 Win User
    I just did and no results! There seems to be a million responses on how to fix this problem if one is running Mac OS on a Windows Machine, but not the other way around!

EDIT: Actually, just found a fix placed on this forum:
    virtualbox.org View topic - How to change the resolution?

But, video/display still not perfect! The image comes apart from the VM frame when dragging on the screen. I may have to investigate Parallels/VM Ware. Time is money!

13. lx07 Win User

I'd go for VMWare Fusion. Parallels keep bugging you to (pay to) upgrade with alarming regularity. Fusion does too just not as often. It is also faster than paralells (and much faster than VBox). VM Benchmarks: Parallels 11 vs. Fusion 8 vs. VirtualBox 5

14. 2366 Win User
    Thanks for the benchmark link! Tho many things change from 2015 in the computing world... In the article itself:
    "And compounding that question further is the fact that the scenarios we just outlined above are only valid today. Both the Parallels and VMware engineers are working hard to one-up each other every year, introducing new features..."

15. lx07 Win User
    That is true - it was just the most recent benchmark I could find without too much effort on my part *Wink

I used Parallels for nearly 10 years and then changed to Fusion which (when I don't run in bootcamp) I still use. I prefer it but you may not. My dad insists on Parallels as he thinks it is easier to use for some unfathomable reason. Set in his ways I guess.

Both have free trials so you can check them.

I do use VirtualBox as well - it is easier to script machines to start/stop and I use them for remote access/torrents - so I'm not particularly sold on a particular solution. Just Parallels making me pay every second OSX upgrade (for each Mac) got annoying and expensive.

Thema:

1. correct video drivers for Windows 10 in VirtualBox? - Similar Threads - correct video drivers

2. Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...: Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox found in my PC. How should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-manually-uninstall-virtualbox-for-update/b5563afc-3fde-4857-a06b-df3e80b22a62
  3. Correct Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Correct Drivers: Hello: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. What is the recommended way to check if all the correct drivers have been installed? Thanks... John S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correct-drivers/ef1f396e-6a23-494e-a4a6-50c1f51cc66d
  4. Windows 10 in VirtualBox -> licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 in VirtualBox -> licensing: I have downloaded Windows 10 VM from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/ and installed it using VirtualBox. It works well and I have been able to set up everything needed to develop in my company's .NET projects. However, the license is...
  5. video card drivers for windows 10

video card drivers for windows 10: So i recently got a ati radeon x600 from a older computer and i am trying to install it in my dell optiplex 790 SFF windows 10 computer and i can't find drivers anywhere but after i did a quick search on google to see if it was possible to download drivers for this device it...
  6. Video Driver Win-10

Video Driver Win-10: I have a AMD A6-5200 APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics, Left un-updated the graphics in certain games are a disco show, but when I update the video Driver the graphics are fine but I get a bad Stutter it the mouse, Keyboard, loading screens, basically everything. It's an older all...
  7. Windows 10 not detecting the correct driver SUBSYS

Windows 10 not detecting the correct driver SUBSYS: Windows 10 x64 17134.407 I've a capture card X8502 with the chipset CX23885 that works fine with Windows 7, it stop working after upgrading to Windows 10. Looking in to driver details, looks like Windows 10 is not detecting the SUBSYS correctly. This how Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 on VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 on VirtualBox: I have installed my retail copy of Windows 10 on my main desktop. But before I did this I did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 and then converted the install.esd file into an iso. How can I activate this virtualbox copy? I thought it would have accepted the key from Windows...
  9. Trying to find correct drivers for video and audio

Trying to find correct drivers for video and audio: I upgraded an older HP Pavilion dv6910us laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and while the upgrade went smoothly, after I logged in I found that the video was using a driver of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and the sound was using Conexant High Definition...
  10. Looking for correct video card driver

Looking for correct video card driver: I'm using Win10TP 64-bit. I'm having trouble finding a correct driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT PCIe card. The OS just lists my driver as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". I did find one link below that lists a bunch of drivers for this cards but I don't know which one to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtualbox windows 10 video driver

2. virtualbox video driver windows 10

3. windows 10 in virtualbox not detecting resolution correctly

4. display driver windows 10 virtualbox,
  5. virtual box video driver,
  6. virtual box windows 10 video drivers,
  7. virtualbox video driver for windows 10,
  8. virtual box no detecting display resolution correctly,
  9. virtualbox display driver windows 10,
  10. windows 10 virtualbox display driver,
  11. virtualbox display driver for windows 10,