Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

Discus and support Corrupt cortana not displaying properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jul 6, 2018.

1. bobsagetfullhou Win User

As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the other sayings things it puts there) which only become visible when I hover over them. I don't believe this is the proper behavior. Also in the "pick up where I left off" section it just oddly shows icons of the program I was using and doesn't give the name of the file. I don't believe this is the correct behavior either. Clicking on one of the icons opens up a recent file.

I tried following these steps with no luck - Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Not hovering over any option:

Corrupt cortana not displaying properly [​IMG]

Hovering over one option:

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Try0x101, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Cortana strange behaviours

Hello Gabriel,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why Cortana is not working properly:

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Did you try to login to a different user account to check if it is the same?

In the meantime, you can try these steps to isolate the issue:

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps listed in this

article

on how to troubleshoot Cortana issues

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Angela Pun Win User

Cortana not working (surface 3)

Hi Tom,

You may experience Cortana issues due to damaged operating system files or corrupted user profiles. To resolve such concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• When are you exactly having issues with Cortana? What task are you performing?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the series of steps in this
    article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps for Cortana issues.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Corrupt cortana not displaying properly - Similar Threads - Corrupt cortana displaying

2. Installing Windows 10 from Microsoft download USB, keeps say there is a corrupt install file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 from Microsoft download USB, keeps say there is a corrupt install file: Used multiple methods of re-install of windows, after update stopped computer from boot up. Could not repair, went to clean install. Keep getting this message, even with using ISO, and USB, download from Microsoft. Is there a solution?...
  3. dism fails to fix corruption with 0x800f081f error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism fails to fix corruption with 0x800f081f error: Background: HP ENVY Desktop 750-514 running Windows 10 build 17134.112 System has experienced some problems in the past but I was able to fix them with DISM. Current Problem: Windows update KB4338819 runs and results in a stopcode of 0xc000021a. Automatic Repair does not...
  4. Windows Corrupt, Trying to Reinstall Having Issues

Windows Corrupt, Trying to Reinstall Having Issues: I finally got my windows boot disc to work by disabling secure boot and booting in legacy mode, but now the boot disc won't let me partition either of my hard drives. My solid state drive gives me the error "can't create partition from unallocated space and cannot install...
  5. Windows Corrupted during Restore

Windows Corrupted during Restore: Hi, last night when I went to restore my computer it looked like everything was doing as normal. When it completed I got a pop up along the lines of " Windows recovery did not work" after this I could No longer boot from my ssd so I opted to use a usb recovery drive and I...
  6. An odd damage/corruption to some functions of the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    An odd damage/corruption to some functions of the Recycle Bin: Installed Windows 10 Pro 1803 (newly purchased software. not upgraded) some weeks ago, and like everyone else I faced a number of minor issues, most of which were resolved, but there are some, this in particular, I can't. I lost the desktop recycle bin folder icon (empty or...
  7. My computer says stopped critical structure corruption. What failed CLFS.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer says stopped critical structure corruption. What failed CLFS.sys: My computer says stopped critical structure corruption. What failed CLFS.says. and it says we're colle cting some error info . And then we'll restart your computer. Nothing is happening....
  8. Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt cortana not displaying properly: As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the other sayings things it puts there) which only become visible when I hover over them. I don't believe this is the proper...
  9. Corrupted Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Cortana: I discovered recently that Cortana had been corrupted on one of my systems. There was no “search” function, or anything else. I tried everything I could find on line to fix it, but no joy. As a last resort I re-installed Windows 10 (latest download). While that solved the...
  10. Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons: I have slowly been fixing the issues I have run into with the Windows 10 upgrade, but I have one issue that continues to persist. The Metro text and icons in the Start Menu, Cortana, Notifications, etc become corrupt. [img] (Just starting to become corrupt) [img]...