Windows 10: Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

Discus and support Corrupt cortana not displaying properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the other sayings things it puts there) which only become visible when I hover over them. I don't believe this is the proper behavior. Also in the "pick up where I left off" section it just oddly shows icons of the program I was using and doesn't give the name of the file. I don't believe this is the correct behavior either. Clicking on one of the icons opens up a recent file.

I tried following these steps with no luck - Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Not hovering over any option:

Corrupt cortana not displaying properly [​IMG]

Hovering over one option:

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Try0x101, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Cortana strange behaviours

Hello Gabriel,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why Cortana is not working properly:

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Did you try to login to a different user account to check if it is the same?

In the meantime, you can try these steps to isolate the issue:

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps listed in this

article

on how to troubleshoot Cortana issues

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

Cortana not working (surface 3)

Hi Tom,

You may experience Cortana issues due to damaged operating system files or corrupted user profiles. To resolve such concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• When are you exactly having issues with Cortana? What task are you performing?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the series of steps in this
    article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps for Cortana issues.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

1. Corrupt cortana not displaying properly - Similar Threads - Corrupt cortana displaying

2. cortana not working properly

in Cortana
    cortana not working properly: guys help me with cortana .its always showing it cannot help with that and showing some command .i tried to reset terminate sign out it did not work plzz help see image below...
  3. Cortana not working properly

in Cortana
    Cortana not working properly: The surface go 2 is brand new dec 2020. When I ask Cortana something, it always opens Microsoft Edge. eg. I'll ask "Hey Cortana, play music" or a certain song it looks it up in Bing instead....
  4. Cortana not working properly

in Cortana
    Cortana not working properly: after recent may update i think Cortana has downgraded , previously it has swiftly performed lots of commands like i use to ask to open apps read my email play latest news talk to Alexa or more but now its say sorry i cant do that why any one know please reply thanks...
  5. Cortana is not working properly

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working properly: Cortana is not working properly. She is saying like "Sorry not that, I didn't hear anything" but my microphone is working properly, I have set upped only detected language, Please say any method for the query....
  6. Cortana not working properly

in Cortana
    Cortana not working properly: I say Hey Cortana the box comes us says its listening I ask about the weather and nothing happens?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working-properly/3cc60b8d-4c53-4fb1-87a9-0fcff8004ff7"
  7. Corrupt cortana not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt cortana not displaying properly: As per my below image, when I open cortana the display does not look right. There are three options under "can I be of assistance?" (or one of the other sayings things it puts there) which only become visible when I hover over them. I don't believe this is the proper...
  8. Corrupted Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Cortana: I discovered recently that Cortana had been corrupted on one of my systems. There was no “search” function, or anything else. I tried everything I could find on line to fix it, but no joy. As a last resort I re-installed Windows 10 (latest download). While that solved the...
  9. cortana / search not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana / search not working properly: Spent all day with new laptop getting it setup. Apart from some hiccups all gone well but one glitch. Cortana works pretty much fine but the search facility isn't working properly. Say I want to 'create a restore point'. I'll type 'res' and it gets found by Cortana as per the...
  10. Corrupted display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Corrupted display: I've had my new Win 10 PC (Intel i7, 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32 GB, Asus Z170 Pro4 mobo) for a week. I think I'm going to have to return it as I get this sort of result whenever I drag the side of a folder to resize it: [img] Any advice on the likely cause would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana not displayed

2. cortana doesnt display icons correctly

3. cortana no info cards and not displaying menu on homescreen