Windows 10: Corrupt disk message

Discus and support Corrupt disk message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I repair a corrupt drive? The instructions I found on line were apparently for an older version of Windows. Can someone help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DABens2017, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Corrupt disk message

How do I repair a corrupt drive? The instructions I found on line were apparently for an older version of Windows. Can someone help me?

:)

DABens2017, Jul 31, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Corrupt disk message

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Corrupt disk message :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt disk message

1. Corrupt disk message - Similar Threads - Corrupt disk message

2. Disk corrupted and there are no volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk corrupted and there are no volumes: My computer died and while trying to do bootrec /fixboot it said element not found and after looking around I realized disk had no volumes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-corrupted-and-there-are-no-volumes/001ac09a-0f0f-4834-953d-9920982edde9
  3. Disk corrupted and there are no volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk corrupted and there are no volumes: My computer died and while trying to do bootrec /fixboot it said element not found and after looking around I realized disk had no volumes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-corrupted-and-there-are-no-volumes/001ac09a-0f0f-4834-953d-9920982edde9
  4. Corrupted disk partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted disk partition: I had Windows 11 installed on my laptop installed on a 512GB SSD. At a certain point, the laptop refused to boot. I used a Linux boot repair disk to try and discover what was going on and it appears to be something wrong with the partitioning of the disk, which has become...
  5. Corrupted disk partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted disk partition: I had Windows 11 installed on my laptop installed on a 512GB SSD. At a certain point, the laptop refused to boot. I used a Linux boot repair disk to try and discover what was going on and it appears to be something wrong with the partitioning of the disk, which has become...
  6. Corrupted Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted Disk: Hello Community! After i've download Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2019 i have a problem with my Disk C:I think it's corrupted now. Nothing works. I can't open a single app, i have to move to Disk D:, but sometimes won't work too either. Can i fix it somehow without making format...
  7. Corrupt Disk Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupt Disk Drive?: Hi all, when I try to download something or uninstall something, the screen pops up where it should say “allow this app to make changes to your device,” and then says the request is not supported. I tried to launch steam and it says fat error: Failed to load platform modules....
  8. Disk 1 will not load, error messages say it is corrupted. Can I receive a new disk for "the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk 1 will not load, error messages say it is corrupted. Can I receive a new disk for "the...: Cannot set up my PC. Where will I read an answer to this query? Disk #1 will nor run. When I purchased this set I donated 20 + years of NG to a sailors rest in Halifax. Now I cannot use the set?? Ian A Urquhart, Dartmouth NS...
  9. Corrupted disk message after scan & repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted disk message after scan & repair: I had a message that I needed to restart my computer to scan and repair a disk problem. I did this. The problem is with my J drive, not the C drive. When restarting the system said it was scanning and repairing J but aborted the process at 73%. I am no longer able to reach...
  10. Hard disk corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk corruption: Does to many times doing clean installation ,resetting the pc or installing/ uninstalling programs corrupts the hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/hard-disk-corruption/673ac6c8-2d6a-46f9-8a6b-c54d2d6a7052