Windows 10: Corrupt files on 3 computers after upgrading to TH2

Discus and support Corrupt files on 3 computers after upgrading to TH2 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys, first post but reading forum for years... can some of you do an sfc /scannow and check your results with the November update installed? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dgrigo, Nov 15, 2015.

1. dgrigo Win User

Corrupt files on 3 computers after upgrading to TH2

Hello guys, first post but reading forum for years...
    can some of you do an sfc /scannow and check your results with the November update installed?
    I always do this when i finish installations, and on 3 computers and 4 installations on them, 2 on one computer just to be sure i am getting corrupt files and struggling with my anger to not go back to windows 7 and get rid of all win 10 problems and MS ignorance.
    here is my results, many corrupted files in the log.. but is long so i don't post it...

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586](c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow *Mad

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Thanks in advance for any replies

:)

dgrigo, Nov 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 DIsm cannot find souce file

OK, I have it sorted. - Dism Finished successfully !

You need to get a copy of the 1511 / 10586.11 build (Its been taken down but it can still be found here

How to Download Official Windows 10 Build 10586 (v.1511) MCT (ISO) / ADK / SDK / WDK / HLK / Mobile Emulator - Tech Journey

Once you have the ISO, you will find the install.esd in the Sources directory. Convert it to a WIM. I used NTLite.

Then follow the instructions here:

Corrupt files on 3 computers after upgrading to TH2 Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Win10_is_Vista, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Missing Desktop contents after upgrade to Windows 10

Interestingly, I am noticing the similar questions(more of them) after TH2 release.I can be wrong, but seriously there is something wrong when you upgrade to TH2 from either TH1 or Windows 7/8.

Irony is that they show a banner that

Your Files are as in same state as before

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 15, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Download the the Installation ISO: Windows 10 Download - Tech Bench

• Mount the ISO and copy install.wim from the source folder to Desktop
    • Create a folder on desktop: mount

Open Admin Command prompt, copy/paste each line and run:

• Dism /mount-wim /wimFile:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount\windows /LimitAccess
    • Dism /unmount-wim /Mountdir:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\mount /discard
    • re-run: sfc /scannow
      NOTE: Might have to run multiple times until it's clean

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2015
  5. dgrigo Win User
    Ow thanks for the reply and the solution! /hat off
    It works miracles if someone has the problem i had with corrupt files
    after running it 2 times all 3 computers came with that message :

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

dgrigo, Nov 15, 2015
  6. slwelch33 Win User
    Thanks Topgundcp!
    After seeing this post, I checked all of my Win 10 installations (2 upgrade from 8.1 & 3 Insider Preview) and found all 5 had corrupt files on them:
    1. Desktop upgrade from 8.1, WU to 1511 (10586)
    Upgraded to 1511 and then Clean install from iso.
    2. Laptop upgrade from 8.1 WU to 1511 (10586)
    Alienware, i7-4710 (No clean install yet)
    3. 3 each Insider Preview (i7-4790K) WU to 1511
    Completing the steps from Post #2 cleared all of them.
    I will be more diligent in the future by running "sfc /scannow" after all major upgrade/updates!

slwelch33, Nov 15, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Great. Glad you got it sorted. Please mark the thread "SOLVED" to help others.

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2015
  8. f14tomcat Win User

If you're interested, this will filter out all the SR entries from the CBS log and create a .txt on your desktop. Scroll thru it to find what it could not fix.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"c:\users\xxxxxx\desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

Sub your name for xxxxxx (the name that appears under "users" on your OS drive.

f14tomcat, Nov 15, 2015
  9. dgrigo Win User
    Very Handy tip, thanks very much, both of you

dgrigo, Nov 15, 2015
  10. Didn't work for me. "The source files could not be found".
    Edit: Fixed It. Thanks.

NarekUnited, Nov 16, 2015
  11. Ache Win User
    It is waste of efforts to restore opencl.dll since NVIDIA driver overwrites it on its next install, so error returns back.

12. smipx Win User
    Interesting. I never knew that. I just an SFC and guess what. The only 2 corrupt files were:

2015-11-18 16:14:39, Info CSI 00004b54 [SR] Verifying 100 (0x0000000000000064) components
    2015-11-18 16:14:39, Info CSI 00004b55 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
    2015-11-18 16:14:45, Info CSI 00004b5f [SR] Repairing corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll" from store
    2015-11-18 16:14:49, Info CSI 00004bd9 [SR] Verify complete
    2015-11-18 16:21:35, Info CSI 000060fc [SR] Repairing corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll" from store
    2015-11-18 16:21:36, Info CSI 000060fe [SR] Repair complete
    2015-11-18 16:21:36, Info CSI 000060ff [SR] Committing transaction

SFC managed to "fix" them though without DISM required.

smipx, Nov 17, 2015
  13. dgrigo Win User

I had a load of corrupted dll's not only opencl, but again after fixed them and installed next nvidia driver all is good so dunno about overwrite from nvidia, at least I am not experience that

dgrigo, Nov 17, 2015
  14. Ache Win User
    Nvidia may overwrite its opencl.dll (105k) after reboot after install, not right after install. Since it is hardlink to WinSxS, WinSxS version (27k) becomes overwritten too, hash is lost and SFC can't restore it. It is Microsoft bug because WinSxS opencl.dll version is obsoleted.

15. How did you fix it? I'm desperately struggling with this problem.

ArcticSpyder, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Corrupt files on 3 computers after upgrading to TH2 - Similar Threads - Corrupt files computers

2. corrupted file after a update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupted file after a update: Hi how can i change 2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5009596 back to 32 based system ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-file-after-a-update/6d5f02de-fa3d-4f98-9642-18318da96c28
  3. Office Applications Crash on Startup After Upgrade to TH2

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Applications Crash on Startup After Upgrade to TH2: Office (2016) worked fine until I upgraded windows 10 to TH2 then stopped working and now crashes on startup. I have tried the quick repair and the online repair and even clean installing the program finding out that it still crashes. 31081
  4. Computers/NAS not showing up in Network ->Windows Explorer after th2 u

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers/NAS not showing up in Network ->Windows Explorer after th2 u: As the title says. I can reach them by the quick access shortcuts I added before the upgrade but they don't show up in WE Network. Rebooting my WD MyCloud solves the problem until next time I reboot my Win10 c. 30022
  5. High disk usage after upgrade to TH2.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High disk usage after upgrade to TH2.: I just upgraded to TH2 from Win 10 Pro. I noticed that my disk usage is near 99% for the past 20 mins. It keeps fluctuatiing between 10 to 99. Normally my disk usage stays at 0. May be this might be Windows settling in after the upgrade? There was high disk usage the first...
  6. TH2 pulled, what is the best method to upgrade to 10?

TH2 pulled, what is the best method to upgrade to 10?: Hey all, So I have a Lenovo x230 laptop sitting here that has W7 Professional installed on it. I just grabbed an 850EVO SSD 250GB for it and I'm guessing I will have to clone W7 to the SSD to activate my W7 Pro license since it will deactivate once I swap out the HDD's?...
  7. Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...: Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: ​ Can't update to TH2 Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows"). [img] So now I have a...
  8. SFC corruption detected after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC corruption detected after upgrade: What gives? Windows 7 was clean before the update, 9715
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise TH2 Upgrade

Windows 10 Enterprise TH2 Upgrade: Hi Guys, I'm using win10 enterprise x64 on a test laptop. Have a key from MSDN as the business is a subscriber. What is the best way to force the TH2 update? 29802
  10. TH2 settings

in Windows 10 Support
    TH2 settings: I just upgraded to TH2. When I click on All Settings then one of the options, it takes forever to respond. What could be the problem? 34228