Windows 10: Corrupt files (Windows accessory .lnk files)

Discus and support Corrupt files (Windows accessory .lnk files) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I run sfc /scannow, these are the problems that can't be fixed: 2016-04-17 17:10:09, Info CSI 000051ab [SR] Cannot repair member file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Abc123, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Abc123 Win User

Corrupt files (Windows accessory .lnk files)

When I run sfc /scannow, these are the problems that can't be fixed:

2016-04-17 17:10:09, Info CSI 000051ab [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:17]"Snipping Tool.lnk" of Microsoft-Windows-SnippingTool-App, version 10.0.10586.0, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, file is missing
    2016-04-17 17:10:09, Info CSI 000051ad [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:17]"Snipping Tool.lnk" of Microsoft-Windows-SnippingTool-App, version 10.0.10586.0, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, file is missing
    2016-04-17 17:10:09, Info CSI 000051ae [SR] This component was referenced by [l:88]"Microsoft-Windows-SnippingTool-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10586.0.SnippingTool"
    2016-04-17 17:10:09, Info CSI 000051af [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:68 ml:69]"\??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"\[l:17]"Snipping Tool.lnk"; source file in store is also corrupted
    2016-04-17 17:10:09, Info CSI 000051b1 [SR] Repair complete

Trying to run the DISM command gives me an error that says the source file can't be located. At one point, I had the snipping tool pinned to my taskbar and had a keyboard shortcut/hotkey set to open it, so I'm sure this is somehow related to that. I don't suppose it's causing a major problem, but it annoys me that I can't run these utilities so I would like to fix this. I don't want to have to refresh my PC and re-download every 3rd party app over again, though, because I think that's more time and energy than it's worth. I've removed the keyboard shortcut command, removed the icon from my taskbar and start menu, and the only instance of the .exe file that I'm aware of is
    C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-snippingtool-app_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_26499a8833fa2713
    I used this to make a shortcut and put in the Programs\Accessories folder since it wasn't there anymore and since I got the error above saying so, but I restarted and ran SFC again and it didn't fix the problem. I also rebuilt the icon cache and that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

:)

Abc123, Apr 17, 2016

2. How to solve these three issues from SFC.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component Microsoft-Windows-iSCSI_Initiator_UI and file iSCSI Initiator.lnk. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.

CORRUPT: iSCSI Initiator.lnk of component Microsoft-Windows-iSCSI_Initiator_UI.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator and file ODBC Data Sources (64-bit).lnk. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.

CORRUPT: ODBC Data Sources (64-bit).lnk of component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator.

WARNING: Failed to get store name from identity name with return code 2 for component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator and file ODBC Data Sources (32-bit).lnk. File is reported as corrupt by SFC.

CORRUPT: ODBC Data Sources (32-bit).lnk of component Microsoft-Windows-Microsoft-Data-Access-Components-(MDAC)-ODBC-Administrator.

pls note all DISM tools were run and they say no corruptions ! only SFC gives this...

ShaanaikMezskin, Apr 17, 2016
  3. corrupt administrative tools lnk's

The other day I started having problems with my WLAN printer being always offline. Looked at the services and found the printer services were stopped. I ran sfc /scannow and found that some malware had corrupted the lnk files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start
    Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools and Accessories.

When I looked for these two directories using the Control Panel, I found two different directories: Windows Administrative Tools and Windows Accessories. Used the command prompt to find the the first directories I mentioned. Went to another computer, found
    the files, and copied them to the the directories. Restarted my computer and found that my printer was still offline. Ran sfc and found the same corrupt files. I am at lose to figure out what else I can do to fix the problem. Any ideas?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JohnBordenet, Apr 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I'd suggest an in-place upgrade repair install. I've done this 3 times, and it's one of the better facilities of Win 10.

Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)
    chkdsk C: /F
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)

This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (free) + their boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2016
  5. Sandi Win User
    I am chasing a similar error. What I have determined is that SFC is looking for C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Window\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories when in Windows 10 it has been renamed to C: \ProgramData\Microsoft\Window\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Accessories. I checked and this is the case in both my 10 Pro x64 systems.
    What do I have to do to fix this?

Sandi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Corrupt files (Windows accessory .lnk files) - Similar Threads - Corrupt files accessory

2. .lnk folder file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .lnk folder file: Good day.Could someone please help me. I have created a folder in my OneDrive app and created a Shortcut from that folder however when I try accessing it online I cannot open the Shortcut folder. Here's how it looks.https://prnt.sc/8fxpgNamhqB6Thank you....
  3. .lnk folder file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .lnk folder file: Good day.Could someone please help me. I have created a folder in my OneDrive app and created a Shortcut from that folder however when I try accessing it online I cannot open the Shortcut folder. Here's how it looks.https://prnt.sc/8fxpgNamhqB6Thank you....
  4. Several .exe files changed to .lnk Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Several .exe files changed to .lnk Files: This whole thing happened when i download PaintrigV3 For Blender, All of my Programs, Shortcuts, Windows Files got this weird name called .LNK And i thought this was normal when my friend told me it was a malware i got shocked, I Delete the malware and start Quick Scan...
  5. error 0x80070780 - Can't delete lnk files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error 0x80070780 - Can't delete lnk files: Hi there. So I can't delete these two shortcuts that became lnk files after messing with and subsequently deleting dropbox from my computer. I've tried everything in this article and more: https://tech-blogs.com/fix-error-0x80070780-once-and-for-all-in-6/ . I've even tried...
  6. Windows 10 'Accessories Files'?

Windows 10 'Accessories Files'?: I have my new laptop (only 5 months old) which has Windows 10. I have been used to using Windows XP, Windows 8.1 and now I find that Windows 10 is not that user-friendly! I searched for the 'snippit tool' (which has apparently been re-named as 'snip and sketch')',...
  7. File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device

File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device: Hi. We have a QNAP NAS device on our network that logs all activity. Our Windows pc's access the folders and files on the NAS via File Explorer. When a pc accesses a folder on the NAS, the log indicated that that pc has READ all the ini (and ico and lnk) files of all the...
  8. Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk)

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk): My computer that is running Windows 10, desktop search or Cortana, cannot find the shortcut files (files with the extension .lnk). The problem occurred after the update. I hope to help....
  9. What is windows file type .lnk

What is windows file type .lnk: What is windows file type '.lnk'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-windows-file-type-lnk/21849ad6-6344-4438-87d2-6d8114047713"
  10. .lnk files

.lnk files: The OneDrive Support team have told me to delete the following .lnk files as they are preventing a full sync. But they've also expressed caution:"Some applications may depend on these links to function properly. Remove only the links that you know are safe to modify"....