Windows 10: Corrupt Surface Dial install need help to completely remove app tools

Discus and support Corrupt Surface Dial install need help to completely remove app tools in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, Surface Dial installed and working well except for one frustrating issue. I have created an App tool (in Settings>Wheel) for music music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulmellors, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Corrupt Surface Dial install need help to completely remove app tools

Hi All,

Surface Dial installed and working well except for one frustrating issue.

I have created an App tool (in Settings>Wheel) for music music writing app (Dorico). This is my primary reason for buying the wheel.

On launch of Dorico the app tool created was not available (just default tools), even though it is shown as created in settings.

In case this was app specific, I created other app tools for various apps and these all work as expected. So I deleted the Dorico tools and re-created a quick test tool for Dorico. This showed up in Dorico but didn't have the function I require because it was set up purely as a test.

I have then gone back to settings and edited the Dorico app tool. Here's the issue. On launching Dorico my newly edited version of the tools is now there, but the earlier test version is.

I have then removed the Dorico tools from Surface Dial and created the tool again. On launching Dorico, the new tool is now showing on the dial but the original test one is.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the dial twice and also reinstalled Dorico. No change.

When I uninstall and reinstall the dial all previously created tools come back, this seems to show it does not completely uninstall.

I have spent a couple of hours with Microsoft support, but they don't believe this is the driver not being uninstalled but directly related to Dorico. I asked for help to totally remove Dial and reinstall from scratch but they were unable to assist.

I may be wrong, but to me it appears there must be some kind of (sorry reaching the end of my knowledge now) preference, database type file which stores these custom setups for the dial and it's this that needs to be removed to be able to start again.

Very frustrating, because I can get the dial to do everything I want, but I am currently stuffed with the application for which I need it.

Sorry for the long post, but tried to offer as much info as possible.

THanks

Paul

:)

paulmellors, Aug 30, 2017

2. Mail and Calendar crashing on Surface 3

Troubleshooter didn't help. Couldn't find anything. Can't really remove the account. As I mentioned this is the MS account the Surface is tied to. You can't remove that account. As I mentioned I did use PowerShell to remove Mail and Calendar completely,
    as you can't uninstall those apps normally either. I re-installed from the Store.

There really needs to be the option for normal users to uninstall these 'required' apps more easily so they can be re-installed if needed, even though that didn't help in this case.

Crashing more consistently today. Guess my next step is a restore.

Sven Johannsen, Aug 30, 2017
  3. Connecting a Microsoft Surface Dial to a Windows 10 PC

Hi,

To use Surface Dial, your PC must have Bluetooth 4.0 LE. The steps on how you can pair Surface Dial with your PC are provided on this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Corrupt Surface Dial install need help to completely remove app tools

Hi Paul.

Any chance you have Restore points enable and is it possible to restore to a point before you made these changes.

I would also take this opportunity to recommend looking into Macrium Reflect. Free, reliable and a great way to get you back to a point in time.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Caledon Ken, Aug 31, 2017
Thema:

Corrupt Surface Dial install need help to completely remove app tools

1. Corrupt Surface Dial install need help to completely remove app tools - Similar Threads - Corrupt Surface Dial

2. Need Help installing the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help installing the app: So I'm in cyber security. I'm trying to install kali linux on my windows. I did download the app already. Not sure If I put this in the wrong thread.I ran the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-LinuxI have a windows 10...
  3. Need Help installing the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help installing the app: So I'm in cyber security. I'm trying to install kali linux on my windows. I did download the app already. Not sure If I put this in the wrong thread.I ran the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-LinuxI have a windows 10...
  4. Windows 11 Surface Dial - Wheel Settings Add Custom Tool Crashes

Windows 11 Surface Dial - Wheel Settings Add Custom Tool Crashes: Hi thereWondering if someone from MSFT may be able to help.I just recently installed Windows 11 to a fresh partition on my Surface Book 2 - so it's a completely new install of the OS. I have of course installed a bunch of programs.I'm used to having set up my own custom tools...
  5. Need help with completely removing linux stuffs on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with completely removing linux stuffs on PC: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/notorious_kitten [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfdzq0/need_help_with_completely_removing_linux_stuffs/
  6. (HELP) I need to remove ubuntu completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (HELP) I need to remove ubuntu completely: So I am selling my laptop, and it has windows 10 and ubuntu dual booted. Many online tutorials say that I need to have a windows installation disk to recover the Windows bootloader, else it will show an error. Problem is I don't have one since my laptop got pre-installed with...
  7. Surface Dial horizontal scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Dial horizontal scroll: Is there any way to get the Surface Dial to scroll left/right horizontally? When you're in Settings --> Devices --> Wheel, the default tools have a vertical scroll which is great for things like browsers but I need a horizontal scroll tool (for things like audio/video...
  8. Surface Dial question.

Surface Dial question.: How many surface dial are compatible in Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/surface-dial-question/25de288d-a491-432a-b0f2-bc4b28f9d882
  9. Help with Completing Install remove dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with Completing Install remove dual boot: Any help with the best steps forward to complete my install would be greatly appreciated. My setup is that this summer I created a partition on my system SSD for the Preview. I ran it for a while dual booting Win 7 and the Preview. Sometime this fall I upgraded my Win 7...
  10. Five things you need to know about Surface Dial

in Windows 10 News
    Five things you need to know about Surface Dial: Today, we’re taking a closer look at Surface Dial and sharing what you need to know about how it works. r6q5tGDNZPQ Surface Dial was introduced at our Microsoft Windows 10 Event last year in October. It’s a brand-new kind of peripheral that serves as a tool for the...