Windows 10: Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro)

Discus and support Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I will describe the symptoms and solution. I can only guess at the cause. Your normal everyday logon fails to function properly after a reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bardell3600, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro)

I will describe the symptoms and solution. I can only guess at the cause.

Your normal everyday logon fails to function properly after a reboot and/or cold bootup.
    · Cortana fails
    · File Explorer fails to launch fully
    · Desktop Browsers will not launch (except Edge still works)
    · Task Manager fails to launch
    · Many applications fail to launch (not all, paint, notepad and others still work.)
    · You cannot logoff
    · You cannot shut down
    · You cannot reboot
    Sound horrible doesn’t it. But it is all tied to one logon. Everything works just fine if you logon under a different user.

THE SOLUTION:
    Logon under a differentuser ID
    (if you never built one, search for “enable the hidden Windows 10 administrator account”)
    Using File explorer from within the other account browse to the broken account Desktop folder
    (C:\Users\<broken account>\Desktop)
    Movefiles and folders off the desktop to anywhere else you choose
    MOVE (that is CUT &PASTE somewhere else)

Apparently there issome upper limit on the amount that can be stored on the desktop

:)

bardell3600, Sep 2, 2015

2. Problems logging into Windows 10 with standard domain accounts

I am currently testing Windows 10 Pro in our environment.

I have upgraded a couple of machines from Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) to Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) build 10586.

I am only able to logon to our domain using accounts with administrator privledges.

If I try to logon with a standard user account, the user is logged off straight away.

Domain is Windows 2012 R2.

I can see that a user profile is created on the local disk under c:\Users.

I am seeing the same problem on both machines and have tried using a number of accounts.

I have looked at the local security policy on the machine and cannot see any reason why standard users are unable to logon successfully.

Has anyone else seen this issue

Darrell Haslam, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 icons position and size not being saved

I think that my whole Windows 10 installation is corrupted. I can't create new users either... I get an error: The User Profile Service failed the logon

Arturo Vázquez Rodríguez, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro)

1. Corrupt User Logon Windows 10 (Pro) - Similar Threads - Corrupt User Logon

2. Folder Opens at User Logon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Opens at User Logon in Windows 10: I see a lot of computers and have observed on jsut a few of them that a file folder or a higher-level entity in Explorer opens at logon. At first, it was the "Recycle Bin" and I see lots of traffic on that issue but I didn't find much in the way of satisfying solutions....
  3. Windows 10 Default User logon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Default User logon: We have a domain network with Windows 10 PC's and perform remote admin tasks either out of hours or when the user is not present. When I do this I sign in to the PC as a domain admin perform the work and power down. When the PC is then booted by the user the login promtp...
  4. Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Pro: no more logon prompt: Hey folks, On my company's computer with Windows 10 Pro, starting from yesterday there is not more the logon password box. I have tried all the suggested solutions that I've found on the web, included CRTL+ALT+DEL, restore the system from a previous saved restore point,...
  5. Safe to Delete Corrupt User Profile on Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe to Delete Corrupt User Profile on Windows 10 Pro?: The sole user profile of a home user became corrupted and could not be repaired had the logged on with temp profile problem. Creating a new profile involved copying over folders for documents, music, videos, outlook pst, etc. from the old profile. New profile is working OK,...
  6. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  7. Rebuild index under Windows 10 pro without user logon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebuild index under Windows 10 pro without user logon: Recently, after I upgraded from Windows 10 build 1709 to build 1803 (using Windows upgrade Assistant), I found there seems to be some kind of index corruption (from around 200,000 items to 13,000 items). The majority of the items comes from the Outlook mails (OST files)....
  8. 10 Pro forcing logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    10 Pro forcing logon: Hey all, I am having an issue with the Windows 10 machines that I have installed thus far. I do not use a screen saver, but use the power settings to turn off the display after a certain period of time. When the display goes off, it forces me to authenticate to get back on...
  9. Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption.

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption.: Just installed win10 (build 10130) last night onto my Asus laptop. I upgraded from Win 7 Home. There was only 1 user on Win7, me, system admin. On the first upgrade, after attaching my profile to my Windows account, after the first reboot, I could no longer successfully...
  10. corrupt windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupt windows 10 pro: Hello, Just wondered if anbody could offer any help/advice. My father in-law computer undated from windows 7 ultimate to 10 pro without him knowing ( I know it sounds daft, but true) he is 85 , anyway the problem is that he/me will have to do a full clean install, how...