Windows 10: corrupt windows 10 pro

Discus and support corrupt windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Just wondered if anbody could offer any help/advice. My father in-law computer undated from windows 7 ultimate to 10 pro without him... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samIOW, Oct 17, 2016.

1. samIOW Win User

corrupt windows 10 pro

Hello,

Just wondered if anbody could offer any help/advice.

My father in-law computer undated from windows 7 ultimate to 10 pro without him knowing ( I know it sounds daft, but true) he is 85 , anyway the problem is that he/me will have to do a full clean install, how do I download the full windows 10 being that his computer undated instead of downloading the update, also what about the serial number, do I use the windows 7 serial number.

The problem he has is that windows explorer 11 works for a few minutes and then if you choose to go to another website comes up with no connection, the only thing which cures it is to reboot and then it does the same thing over again, which is a little annoying .

Thanks. Sam

:)

samIOW, Oct 17, 2016

2. windows 10 professional post installation corruption not fixed by sfc scannow or dism restorehealth

Greg,

The troubleshooting for problems with corruption found by sfc /scannow and dism/ online /cleanup-image /restorehealth were related to the upgrade from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro. The source for the windows 10 pro upgrade was the Microsoft web site.

It impacted some upgrades but not all upgrades. It is unclear why it impacts some and not all.

The source for the windows 10 pro dvd was hp for licensed HP or Compaq PC.

The problems with sfc / scannow and dism restorehealth corruption have been fixed.

sfc /scannow now displays: windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations

dism restorehealth now displays: the restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully.

These were problems with the windows 10 pro operating system downloaded from the Microsoft web site and/or installed from the dvd.

When dism restorehealth finds corruption that it does not fix I don't understand how to guide it and find the source files that it is missing. In case there is corruption in the future please list the steps to use the windows 10 pro dvd to supply the dism
    restorehealth command with the sources to fix the corruption.

questions_, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Windows Installer Error

It took a computer reset, resulting in a refresh of Windows 10 Pro AU, to solve the problem. Obviously I had a corrupt installation of Windows 10 Pro. Thank you, Microsoft.

MikeCreider, Oct 17, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

corrupt windows 10 pro

Hi Sam...you might not have to do a full clean install...try the following.
    Open All Settings (bottom right corner on toolbar)....then Update and Security....see attachment.
    Click on Recovery, then Reset This PC.....you will not need a serial number.
    See if that solves your problem.

dencal, Oct 18, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Not daft but quite true, Win7 Ultimate and Pro will Upgrade to Win10 Pro, especially the free Upgrade when offered.. Unless it's on a physical/company network I wouldn't worry about, just has added features seldom if ever used by Home users.

Hold down the WIndows key and press R, type winver in the box and press Enter to get the version that is installed. Right-click the Start button and choose System to get more information such as whether activated. The Win7 key didn't have to be entered and won't again as the information needed is digitally stored by Microsoft. Again, if it shows as Activated on the System panel, no worries.

Also again, right-click the Start button, choose Device Manager then the Networking adapter and Update the drivers, see if that will help. Have seen where uninstalling a device the rebooting causes Windows to look for drivers, may get something better.

Berton, Oct 18, 2016
  6. samIOW Win User
    Hi Dencal,

Thanks for your reply, But the problem is that he has had windows 10 on for more than 10 days . mores the pity, so I don't have that option. Thanks though.

Sam

samIOW, Oct 18, 2016
  7. samIOW Win User
    Hi Berton,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried updating all the driver but that didn't work. also it is activated so that is not a problem, where can I download windows 10 from so that I can do a clean install, I fear that might be the problem in that it might have corrupted some files and hopefully doing a clean install will enable him to start a fresh.

Thanks , Sam

samIOW, Oct 18, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

corrupt windows 10 pro

Hi: here's how to get Windows installation media:
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Keeping a physical bootable medium is a good idea, as you can use repair and recovery features available when booting from it should you have certain problems.

Before you do the clean install, have you backed up all the data?
    Consider which programs and licenses you may lose or not have available after a reinstall.

Here's how to do the clean installation:
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Win 10 should automatically activate.

Note that resetting your PC is not time dependent. The 10 days applies to how long you have after installing any major build of Win 10 to revert to the previous build.
    Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Oct 18, 2016
  9. dencal Win User
    Sam....RESET in yellow highlight on my previous post attachment....just click Get Started

dencal, Oct 18, 2016
  10. samIOW Win User
    Hello Dalchina,

Thanks for your reply. which I think I will do the clean install option. also thanks for all the links.

Sam

samIOW, Oct 18, 2016
  11. hcunnin Win User
    On my desktop a clean install after the upgrade worked just fine. On my laptop it did not. I had to enter the key to activate. I had gotten the keys for both machines before the clean installs using produkey from Nirsoft

hcunnin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

corrupt windows 10 pro

1. corrupt windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - corrupt pro

2. small .jpeg and .AAE files sizes are corrupted on windows11 pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    small .jpeg and .AAE files sizes are corrupted on windows11 pro.: Hi ,I have copied some jpeg files from my iphone to my lenovo thinkpad where I have Windows 11 Pro. For 4 kb file its showing size 96GB and effectively for small size of folder its showing size 743 TB. I am unable to transfer this data to another device. I can not loose my...
  3. small .jpeg and .AAE files sizes are corrupted on windows11 pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    small .jpeg and .AAE files sizes are corrupted on windows11 pro.: Hi ,I have copied some jpeg files from my iphone to my lenovo thinkpad where I have Windows 11 Pro. For 4 kb file its showing size 96GB and effectively for small size of folder its showing size 743 TB. I am unable to transfer this data to another device. I can not loose my...
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 9 W11H2 recovery image is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 9 W11H2 recovery image is corrupted.: Hello, I am trying to create a recovery media for my Microsoft Surface Pro 9 device.I followed instructions on this page. 1. Selected device and serial number2. Downloaded Surface Pro9 i7/16/256 - Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2However, I cannot extract the archive. 7z says CRC...
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 9 W11H2 recovery image is corrupted.

Microsoft Surface Pro 9 W11H2 recovery image is corrupted.: Hello, I am trying to create a recovery media for my Microsoft Surface Pro 9 device.I followed instructions on this page. 1. Selected device and serial number2. Downloaded Surface Pro9 i7/16/256 - Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2However, I cannot extract the archive. 7z says CRC...
  6. Windows 10 Pro v22H2 corrupted files on my iPad

Windows 10 Pro v22H2 corrupted files on my iPad: It happened when I'm copying photos from my iPad and after a while it's failed then my photos is still staying on my iPad but can't viewed and don't see in Photos app. Please fix this....
  7. Windows 10 Pro v22H2 corrupted files on my iPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro v22H2 corrupted files on my iPad: It happened when I'm copying photos from my iPad and after a while it's failed then my photos is still staying on my iPad but can't viewed and don't see in Photos app. Please fix this....
  8. Windows 10 Pro v22H2 corrupted files on my iPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. My windows got corrupted. A shop owner installed a pirated copy Windows 10 Pro, whereas my...

My windows got corrupted. A shop owner installed a pirated copy Windows 10 Pro, whereas my...: My windows got corrupted. A shop owner installed a pirated copy Windows 10 Pro, whereas my OEM was Windows 10 RTM Core single language. How do i get my genuine windows version back??...
  10. My windows got corrupted. A shop owner installed a pirated copy Windows 10 Pro, whereas my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows got corrupted. A shop owner installed a pirated copy Windows 10 Pro, whereas my...: My windows got corrupted. A shop owner installed a pirated copy Windows 10 Pro, whereas my OEM was Windows 10 RTM Core single language. How do i get my genuine windows version back??...