Windows 10: Corrupted Recyle Bin

Discus and support Corrupted Recyle Bin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded Malwarebytes and after I ran it, my recycle bin became corrupted. Instead of just restoring everything, as I should have, when a prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rosawoodsii, Sep 2, 2018.

1. rosawoodsii Win User

Corrupted Recyle Bin

I downloaded Malwarebytes and after I ran it, my recycle bin became corrupted. Instead of just restoring everything, as I should have, when a prompt came to empty it, I clicked yes, because I "knew" there was nothing in there that I wanted to save. However, I keep getting a prompt about a file named policy.js.data, which it won't allow me to delete. I found an old thread, which told how to delete the recycle bin, but it tells me I have to have administrator permissions. Well, I have them, and it's not recognizing me as an administrator. What now?

ETA: There are two other files as well, but when I cancel the operation, the recycle bin shows as empty. Yet, if I reboot or click on the icon, I get the same message about corruption.

:)

rosawoodsii, Sep 2, 2018
  2. MartinDK Win User

Can't Pin Windows 10 Recycle Bin to Taskbar

Hi - you can fix this problem by first creating a shortcut for the recyle bin. Once you've done this you'll be able to pin it to your start menu and the taskbar. For some reason if you don't use a shortcut you can only pin the recycle bin to the start menu
    and not the taskbar. So here are the steps you need to do in full..

• go to desktop and make sure you've got 'show desktop' icons selected so you can view the desktop icons including the recyle bin.
    • right click the recycle bin and choose the option to create a shortcut. This creates a short cut icon to the recyle bin on the desktop (yes, of itself pretty useless but it is this that fixes the problem for us!)
    • now select and right click the shortcut you created in Step 2. above and choose the option to 'pin to start'. This creates a tile on your start menu to the recycle bin.
    • goto the Start Menu and choose the recyle bin tile you created in step 3. right click this and you'll now see there is an option to pin it so the taskbar. All should now be working and you'll have a shortcut to your recycle bin on both your start menu and
      on the taskbar.

Quite why MS should make achieving this simple objective so very difficult is one of the great mystries of the 21st Century!?

MartinDK, Sep 2, 2018
  3. vishnuvarman Win User
    About $recyle bin and system volume information files

i am using windows 10. In all my local disk it shows $recyle bin and system volume information. is that a malware? If then how can I delete it?

vishnuvarman, Sep 2, 2018
  4. BeverlyAbinanti Win User

Corrupted Recyle Bin

Error code "0x80004005 when trying to clear item from recyle bin.

Error code "0x80004005 when trying to clear item from recyle bin.

Help, how do I get the file off my machine?

BeverlyAbinanti, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

Corrupted Recyle Bin

1. Corrupted Recyle Bin - Similar Threads - Corrupted Recyle Bin

2. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I dragged a large Zip File over the Recycle Bin to delete it. It did not vanish into the Bin, instead the Recycle Bin vanished! Dragging the Zip File away left a blank space. I checked, via Settings, to see if the box for Show Recycle Bin was checked, and it still is....
  3. Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recycle Bin Is Corrupted and access denied even with running as admin: Hi, My recycle bin is corrupted and I followed all solutions online and non of them worked. The annoying message I get every time is "The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the recycle bin for this drive?" I know that this tells me the problem is in C:\...
  4. Recycle Bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recycle Bin is corrupted: Hello! I am getting this message when I am trying to open a file on my F: drive. Almost every time. I am always using Yes, but it appears again. The message is not displayed when my F drive is disconnected. How can I fix this? Please advice. BR/ SivrosJ...
  5. An odd damage/corruption to some functions of the Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    An odd damage/corruption to some functions of the Recycle Bin: Installed Windows 10 Pro 1803 (newly purchased software. not upgraded) some weeks ago, and like everyone else I faced a number of minor issues, most of which were resolved, but there are some, this in particular, I can't. I lost the desktop recycle bin folder icon (empty or...
  6. Can I Add Flash Drive To Recyle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Add Flash Drive To Recyle Bin?: Would it be possible to add a flash drive to my Recycle Bin? Found this utility (iBin) https://sourceforge.net/projects/ibin/ but was not sure if it works with Windows 10. Thanks in advance 110069
  7. Corrupted recycle bin on MyBook

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted recycle bin on MyBook: Hello, Helping my brother remotely. He gets the "The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this Drive?" I remoted in, launched a CMD prompt as admin, and typed, rd /s /q G:\$Recycle.bin - then ran chkdsk E: /f - but after restarting,...
  8. Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.: I am confused. How does the Recycle Bin become corrupted? Apparently this has been a long standing problem in Windows. So is this a system security weakness? An OS weakness? Why does not Microsoft fix it the mandatory updates? The published fixes are long,...
  9. Corrupted recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted recycle bin: When I turn on the computer each day, I get a message "The Recycle Bin on G:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this Drive\?" Drive G is where I have my Passport external drive for backup. Any suggestions on how to address and resolve this? Thanks. 36062
  10. Recycle bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin is corrupted: I tried the method of rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin in cmd prompt but this is what happens: C:\WINDOWS\system32>rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.binC:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~1\$R932BU1\3DMGAM~1.CRA\2016年全 部热门单机游戏及汉化下载.url - Access is denied....