Windows 10: Corrupted registry....

Discus and support Corrupted registry.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a corrupted registry, the entry for my DVD unit. If I go to the Device Manager it tells me: Windows cannot start this hardware device because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dduggan, Aug 11, 2018.

1. dduggan Win User

Corrupted registry....

I have a corrupted registry, the entry for my DVD unit. If I go to the Device Manager it tells me:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I have tried everything. Booting from recovery disks tell me that they cannot fix the issue and it makes no changes. I have tried CCleaner which I think is where the issue started, but that does not fix it. I have downloaded Little Registry Cleaner but that hasn't helped. I have disabled the device and rebooted so that it finds it and should load it but it doesn't help. Is there a way to rebuild the registry?

Thanks!
    Dennis

:)

dduggan, Aug 11, 2018

2. Corrupted registry

Hi,

Your concern occurs due to some corruption on your system files. We suggest that you try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To perform this, follow the steps on this link.
    Steps mentioned on the link for Windows 8 and 8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2: Run DISM commands.

Follow the steps below on how to run the DISM commands:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

• In the Command Prompt, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command.

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Justin Emb, Aug 11, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Frogger Win User

Corrupted registry....

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Corrupted registry....

1. Corrupted registry.... - Similar Threads - Corrupted registry

2. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...: I understand what a registry is, but I am not sure a that Norton is just trying to scare people nor that b it cannot be done manually/automatically. This feels like "disk cleanup" in the DOS days. Is it? Please advise!...
  3. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...: I understand what a registry is, but I am not sure a that Norton is just trying to scare people nor that b it cannot be done manually/automatically. This feels like "disk cleanup" in the DOS days. Is it? Please advise!...
  4. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to recover from a corrupted SSD registry error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to recover from a corrupted SSD registry error: I'm currently dealing with a SSD that is not bootable does not appear in the boot priority list in the BIOS and when it has attempted to do so it shows "registry error". I have followed the steps in this thread -> Steps to fix stop code registry error all the way down to...
  6. How to recover from a corrupted SSD registry error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover from a corrupted SSD registry error: I'm currently dealing with a SSD that is not bootable does not appear in the boot priority list in the BIOS and when it has attempted to do so it shows "registry error". I have followed the steps in this thread -> Steps to fix stop code registry error all the way down to...
  7. How to recover from a corrupted SSD registry error

8. Registry files corrupt or missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry files corrupt or missing: Hello,My Windows 10 Desktop doesn't boot up because whenever I turn my computer on, it shows a blue screen with the error code 0xc000014c and claims my registry files are missing or has errors and points to the file Windows\system32\config\system. After a bit of research, I...
  9. Registry files corrupt or missing

Registry files corrupt or missing: Hello,My Windows 10 Desktop doesn't boot up because whenever I turn my computer on, it shows a blue screen with the error code 0xc000014c and claims my registry files are missing or has errors and points to the file Windows\system32\config\system. After a bit of research, I...
  10. Registry files corrupt or missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging