Windows 10: Corrupted Start Menu Icons

Discus and support Corrupted Start Menu Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 Forum, I am frequently getting corrupted icons appearing in my Start Menu. These icons are appearing anyways if I am signed in with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by willie3713, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Corrupted Start Menu Icons

Hello Windows 10 Forum,
    I am frequently getting corrupted icons appearing in my Start Menu. These icons are appearing anyways if I am signed in with Microsoft or with a local account. I am really annoyed with these white icons.
    I would be thankful if this great forum could help me fixing this problem.

Best regards,
    Reply soon *Wink

:)

willie3713, Sep 16, 2017

2. Corrupt Start Menu

Hi,

The issue you're experiencing might be due to corrupted system files.

Having said that, please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • Are your drivers up-to-date? If not, you can follow the steps found on this
      link
      on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • When did the issue start? What were the changes made before the issue started?

In the meantime, you can check this link for some troubleshooting steps for problems
    with the Start menu.

Let's see if the same issue will occur when your PC is in Safe Mode. Starting your PC in
    Safe Mode can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC while using a limited set of files and drivers. Here's how to set your PC in
    Safe Mode:

• Press the Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security, then Recovery.
    • Click the Restart now button under Advanced startup.
    • Select Troubleshoot when you get into the Choose an option
      screen.
    • Select Advanced options, then Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Select 4 or press the F4 key from the keyboard after your PC restarts to start your PC now in
      Safe Mode.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Corrupt Start Menu

Thank you very much

Corrupted Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

Michelle He with your help as stated in the given procedure, together with microsoft update, now the problem is sorted out. At the moment the
    corruption in the start menu is resolved and the task bar is functioning normally.

mamdouhel safty, Sep 16, 2017
Thema:

Corrupted Start Menu Icons

1. Corrupted Start Menu Icons - Similar Threads - Corrupted Start Menu

2. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  3. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  4. Start menu icons get corrupted

Start menu icons get corrupted: My start menu icons are displaying like this... [ATTACH] How to resolve this? Thanks in advance... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-get-corrupted/1945669b-3558-4207-b8fc-c0627f4dc183
  5. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  6. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  7. Corrupted Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu: I upgraded to 1909 yesterday, and, among other things, the tiling operation of Start Menus is corrupted. For random tiles, they either don't work and/or cannot be moved, or some shortcuts are not successfully pinned. They either do or don't show up in the apps list on the...
  8. Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt": Since updating Windows 10 to version 1803, I noticed that at the bottom of my Start Menu there is a category "Other" and one item under that category listed as "ms-resource:appDisplayName". When I click on it, it opens a page in Windows Store where I can check for app...
  9. Start menu icons

Start menu icons: Im having this weird issue when i make icons small on start screen, Has anyone encountered or resolved this issue. They seem to be cut in half. [img] 12116
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icons are corrupted in safe mode windows10