Windows 10: Corrupted text on some menu items

Discus and support Corrupted text on some menu items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop, HP Pavillion 15, Windows 10 64 Home version 1607, build 14393.82. I have recently noticed that whilst browsing my PC and using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marty1966, Aug 24, 2016.

1. marty1966 Win User

Corrupted text on some menu items

Hi,
    I have a laptop, HP Pavillion 15, Windows 10 64 Home version 1607, build 14393.82.

I have recently noticed that whilst browsing my PC and using programs, some menu text is becoming obscured by coloured or black boxes, which clears after a reboot, but can reappear after a while.

Here are a couple of examples:

Corrupted text on some menu items [​IMG]

Corrupted text on some menu items [​IMG]

As you can see, it isn't all the text that is obscured.
    It's a bit strange how the corruption is specific to some text items and not others.

Everything on my pc is up to date including drivers etc.

Any ideas as to what might be the cause?

:)

marty1966, Aug 24, 2016

2. Changing menu window colors

Same problem. I want to change the white menu bar or the white title bar .... nothing is possible. In some applications the menu text is also white (corel x4 - x6), so that you can only read the menu items, if you go with mouse over the items...

Not good... who has tested it?

A_Hoffmann, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Double tap on some menu items on 5800

It is normal, every 5800xm behaves in this way.

You will notice it more within the settings menu and older S60v3 applications.

Message Edited by psychomania on 04-Mar-2009 11:55 PM

psychomania---01, Aug 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 24, 2016
  5. marty1966 Win User
    Thanks for the response dalchina.

The graphics driver I have been using is one I installed via device manager and searching for the latest driver which was found and installed from the internet; however when I check the drivers for my specific model using the serial number on HP's site it finds an older driver than my current one.

I have downloaded and installed the older driver as it the latest one from HP for my model and I will see how it goes over the next couple of days.

I suspect that windows is maybe finding the latest driver for my graphics directly from intel but the HP specific driver is better suited.

Thanks again for Your suggestion regarding the drivers*Thumbs

marty1966, Aug 24, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Thanks.. Win 10 as you probably know maintains the standard range of drivers automatically. For cases where that doesn't suit (usually older) PCs, MS eventually released some software to allow users to block specific updates. So, if you install an older or newer driver than Uncle MS deems good for you, it will be replaced without specific action on your part- MS hasn't built that into the GUI for you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3073930
    How to Uninstall and Block Updates and Drivers on Windows 10
    & tutorials in the Tutorial section here.

Another thing you should try, based on someone else's experience of a weird graphics effect, is simply to see what happens after a clean boot to check for any untoward effect of some installed program. That doesn't guarantee you eliminate all possibilities- but a good many. The result for that person was unexpected.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Corrupted text on some menu items - Similar Threads - Corrupted text menu

2. Remove some context menu items for folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove some context menu items for folders: So I download qttabbar, decided I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But it left these items in the folder context menu. Is there a program I can install or a .bat file or something? These menu items are a eyesore, and they don't do anything....
  3. Remove some context menu items for folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove some context menu items for folders: So I download qttabbar, decided I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. But it left these items in the folder context menu. Is there a program I can install or a .bat file or something? These menu items are a eyesore, and they don't do anything....
  4. Some menu items in Chrome not working on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some menu items in Chrome not working on secondary monitor: Hi I have an Alienware M15 R4 laptop. I run two external monitors on the device. I have an intermittent problem where the Chrome browser on the second monitor will not allow me to click certain menu items both in the browser itself and on some website. For example I have a...
  5. Can't Add Some Items to Power User Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Add Some Items to Power User Menu: I have been editing the Power User Menu with WinX Menu Editor, and I have been unable to get 3 items to work. I had Control Panel pinned to the Taskbar with a list of items pinned to it, and I had added a Toolbar calls Apps with a lot of system, network, and utility settings...
  6. Corrupt Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt Text: Hey, my friend was having issues with some of the text on his windows 10 laptop looking corrupt and nothing resembling letters, i managed to fix it by having him update his computer and restart it, but I'm still curious to what it actually is and how it happens, any...
  7. Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text: Thousands of people including me have this ms-resource:AppName/Text item on the start menu since upgrading to win 10 version 1903. I have it on one laptop and not on the other, both updated via windows update. Are Microsoft working on fixing this? Yes I have reported it...
  8. Corrupted Text?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted Text?: Text in certain browsers (whether it be for the internet, such as Google Chrome, or in game browsers like Battlenet) are glitching out for me. I can't understand why this is happening, if it's a part for my pc or something else. Can anyone give ideas why this is happening? I...
  9. Some Menu Items are now Polish language

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Menu Items are now Polish language: I'm at my wife's HP Envy laptop. Windows 10 is fully updated. I am very confused because several of the Start Menu items are now in Polish language, and if you open the apps, operate in that language too. (I think it's Polish.) Everything else seems to remain in English....
  10. Some icons and text not showing in search menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Some icons and text not showing in search menu: Ever since I installed Windows 10, a lot of text and icons in the search menu are not showing up ever. I've tried the obvious things such as restarting my computer and making sure I have all Windows updates. My start menu and everything else seems to work normally. Here are...